• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs the Renties

Man of the match...

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Johann Djourou

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Alexandre Song

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

GaelForce22

Established Member
Fabianski - 8

Sagna - 8
Djourou - 10
Koscielny - 8
Clichy - 6

Song - 9
Wilshere - 8
Fabregas - 9

Walcott - 8
Van Persie - 8
Nasri - 8

Chamakh/ Diaby - 7

qs

Established Member
Fabianski - 7

Sagna - 8
Djourou - 8
Koscielny - 5
Clichy - 7

Song - 9
Wilshere - 8
Fabregas - 8

Walcott - 8
Van Persie - 6
Nasri - 7

Diaby - 4
Rosicky - 5
Chamakh - 6

banduan

Established Member
flappy - 7
sagna - 8
djorou - 9
kosh - 8
clichy - 6
song - 7
Wilshere - 6
cesc - 8
theo - 7
nasri - 6
rvp - 6

Most of the players did their job well enough. I was tempted to give clicy a 5, some of the things he did defied belief.

arsenallegends

Established Member
dreamLord said:
Djourou all the way. Good job Wenger on the team selections. Dropping Arshavin was a smart move.

This.

Let me add that this should be our team. Hands down. Rotation is obviously key but tonight's choice of XI should be standard.

yuvken

Established Member
Shue said:
Raider said:
Shue said:
Really? 6's for Kos, Song and Wilshere?
Song deserved a 7.5 for the amount of headers he won alone.
Kos was one of the main guys today. He'd get an 8 out of 10.
I'd accept the 7.5 and 8, I think Jack's movement and pressing was worth at least a 7 too.
I'm with you, Shue. These ratings were filled before the game. Jack played very well today, and for once did not disappear in the second half. 7 at the very least.

qs

Established Member
The Sleeper said:
I thought Nasri was the most intelligent player today. He knew he could have beaten his marker down the wing, you could just see he knew it, but had he done so, then what: useless cross into the box with Chamakh not playing?

No, instead he kept possession superbly and tried to patiently find a way in that would produce better results. He attracted several players to him dozens of times and then released the ball when his team-mates then had more space.

His patience in the last 10 minutes was key. So often in the past we've failed to retain possession but Nasri was brilliant at it tonight.

Ron Burgundy

Established Member
arsenallegends said:
dreamLord said:
Djourou all the way. Good job Wenger on the team selections. Dropping Arshavin was a smart move.

This.

Let me add that this should be our team. Hands down. Rotation is obviously key but tonight's choice of XI should be standard.
You mean until Vermaelen's back, right?

The Sleeper

I thought Nasri was the most intelligent player today. He knew he could have beaten his marker down the wing, you could just see he knew it, but had he done so, then what: useless cross into the box with Chamakh not playing?

No, instead he kept possession superbly and tried to patiently find a way in that would produce better results. He attracted several players to him dozens of times and then released the ball when his team-mates then had more space.

Anzac

Established Member
Clrnc said:
Fabianski 8 - It's those little things he do, those brilliant kicks to retain possesion, quick throw, intelligent time wasting. ******* brilliant.
Sagna 8 - Energy can't be used up at all. Kept running whole night
Djourou 10 - Monster. Anybody who owned Drogba in that way is an auto choice for MOTM
Koscielny 8 - Who said he was bad? He was always quite decent and some!
Clichy 8 - ^ same thing, brilliant on his day especially 1v1 challenge
Song 9 - Close run for MOTM. Played all out DM in the 2nd half and proved vital. Made so many crucial tackles.
Cesc 8 - Almost back to his best
Wilshere 8 - Wasn't that good in the first half an hour but gradually improved and was everywhere.
Nasri 8.5 - Most dangerous player and kept possession well
Walcott 8 - Pace proved very important and provided a fantastic finish
RVP 7 - Just came back from injury for his first start but did well

Subs
Diaby 7
Chamakh 6.5
Rosicky N.A

Good enough for me............

Gunner_JT

I think AW had Wigan in mind so benching Arshavin and also the Walcott factor was a good move and it paid off. Expect Shav to start at Wigan and Nasri back to RW, Rosicky to replace Fabregas.

GaelForce22

Established Member
flobaba said:
AnthonyG said:
flobaba said:
We actually looked up for it for once. That's all we've been asking for in these games. Well done to the lads. 10/10.
Whatever. :roll:
Wetin be your own problem now Mr AnthonyG?
Don't think I've ever seen a lack of effort from our players in the recent big games we've lost. It's our best players and some intelligence at the crucial points we lack.

qs

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
qs said:
Koscielny - 5
That's absurd. And, no, I don't want to hear what kind of 'justification' you have lined up.

Well then keep you opinions to yourself then.

He was dodgy as ****. Same as usual.

Shue

Established Member
qs, could you explain why on earth you gave kos a 5?

you've clearly seen something I didn't

Feet

ricky1985 said:
AnthonyG said:
Song's my MoTM, Djourou was very good though.
Yep, I'd go with that. I thought Song might have a good game today, and he didn't let me down. Having Cesc and Jack alongside him helps alot.

They were all great though. Jack I thought put in an extraordinary performance given he's just 18.

Very, very pleased. Would like to hear what some of the doom-mongerers have to say about it all.

Indeed, particualar in reference to the alarming amount of negativity in this thread, created after the Man Utd game.

<a class="postlink-local" href="https://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113901" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=113901</a>
(I'm linking it, I don't want to bump it as it essentially a horribly negative thread, and compeltely inaccurate in my view)

So. What's channged between then and now? Personally, I believe very little. We were at home, but apart from that I saw exactly the same desire and defensive strength as in that game. And this time we got some fantastic pressing up the pitch as well which lead to the goals.

Hopefullt this display, adn the result will bring a little perspective to some.

arsenallegends

Established Member
Ron Burgundy said:
arsenallegends said:
dreamLord said:

This.

You mean until Vermaelen's back, right?

Yes but it doesn't look good does it. He hasn't even started training yet.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
qs said:
AnthonyG said:
qs said:
Koscielny - 5
That's absurd. And, no, I don't want to hear what kind of 'justification' you have lined up.

Well then keep you opinions to yourself then.

He was dodgy as ****. Same as usual.
No. And here's another opinion, you're pathetically biased and making a fool of yourself by giving him a 5. Ooh, look at qs, so edgy!

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom