• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ratings and post-match discussion vs the Renties

Man of the match...

• Cesc Fabregas

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Johann Djourou

Votes: 46 48.9%
  • Bacary Sagna

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Alexandre Song

Votes: 26 27.7%
  • Samir Nasri

Votes: 3 3.2%

• Total voters

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Fabianski 7 - Very assured in what he had to do.

Sagna 8 - Solid at both ends of the pitch.

Djourou 9 - Wonder if he's let Drogba out of his back pocked yet? MOTM

Koscielny 8 - read the game well.

Clichy 7.5 - couple of iffy moments but a good game.

Song 9 - Crucial goal then went back to basics in the 2nd half. Quality.

Cesc 8 - How we miss his final third play.

Wilshere 7.5 - Started slow then grew into the game.

Nasri 8.5 - Think he was quality tonight. Very neat, kept possesion and created space.

Walcott 8 - made it count with his Final third play

RVP 7 - good movement.

Subs
Diaby 7
Chamakh 6.5
Rosicky N.A

Gonner_88

Established Member
Fabianski - 7
Sagna - 8
Kos - 8
Djourou - 10
Clichy - 8
Song - 8
Wilshere - 8
Fabregas - 8.5
Walcott - 8.5
V.Persie - 7.5
Nasri - 8

* Everyone played extremely well and I am extremely proud of the boys. We worked our arses off till the end and didn't allow Chelsea to breathe.

My MOTM has to be Djoruou. He was rock solid and Drogba was completely man handled.

PS: Some of the ratings are completely abusrd.

-vapour-

I thought Walcott was outstanding in the match. It would have to be a close call between him and DJ though but I want to vote for Walcott annoying that Nasri was picked above him.

Everyone was brilliant to be honest but come on, Walcott tore Cole to pieces.

Probs been mentioned somewhere:
Wojiech Szczesny said:
Get in there! Great win and very important 3 points. I must admit their left side of defence was really weak though... lol

progman07

Established Member
sagreig said:
Too many positives to list so I'll just name the one negative:

That really was a needless booking for Fabregas. Hindsight's wonderful but I guess we're wishing we could've used Ramsey on the bench about now. The snow meant he hardly got playing time as it was.
Depends, if he has to miss the Weds game, it's good, if he will miss the weekend's, it's bad.

squallkid

Established Member
Busy wiping away the tears while typing this

Fabianski 8- He was immense all game, made some great catches

Djourou 10- Who kept the drog out?!! This man kept the drog out, immense performance and I will be the first to hold my hand up and say that I doubted him and wanted him to be 4th choice but boy oh boy has this lad proved me wrong, my man of the flipping match. Drogba barely had a kick and it was down to this man and this man alone, brilliant in 1 on 1s, hell he was brilliant in everything he did.

Koscileny 9- Made one mistake on the goal and another mistake when he made a poor pass that could have led to a Drogba goal but Djourou the hero was there again.

Sagna 9- One question, where was malouda? Sagna had him quiet for the 90 minutes and he barely had a kick, typical Sagna performance he was simply brilliant.

Clichy 8- We finally began to see the Clich of old, brilliant in 1 on 1s but unfortunately did make a few mistakes.

Song 10- This man was everywhere, quality passing, quality tackling and a fabulously taken goal,he's dragged me back in and I'm in love with him again.

Wilshere 9- Duracell bunny, he along with Song and Fabregas bossed that midfield today and I can't find a single fault with his performance.

Fabregas 10- One goal and 2 assists, back to his fantastic best and he will get a forced rest and hopefully come back fitter and stronger than before.

Walcott 9- What a masterclass by Wenger, super choice of tactics to drop the russian for Walcott because Walcott terrorised the Chelsea back 4 all night especially Cashley.

Nasri 8- Made some great passes and pressed brilliantly with the rest of the team, could have had a fine goal in the first half if not for a world class save.

Van Persie 9- He is back, the man is back and he is firing. Led the line brilliantly from the first whistle and won a few headers in the air and we look so much better with him in the team.

I would give all the substitutes 7s

Raider

Established Member
progman07 said:
ricky1985 said:
Szczesny on Twitter:

Get in there! Great win and very important 3 points. I must admit their left side of defence was really weak though... lol

:lol:
:lol: Nice dig at Cole!

That's it. It's over. He's now my favorite player in the current team.

I'll have TV's Face tattooed on the left side of my face, and Szczesny on the other side.

I now love this man.

est

ricky1985 said:
Szczesny on Twitter:

I read some of his posts and this caught my eye:

Tomorrow I will try to learn how to kick the ball past the half way line... :) Apologies for my distribution and the result at old trafford.

Great attitude and a sense of humour. Can he possibly fail to become the next great Arsenal 'keeper?

Rorz

Established Member
Fabianski - 7 - Not much to do (can't remember him making a save?) maybe a little at fault for the goal.

Sagna - 8 - dependable and solid as always.

Koscielny - 7 - mostly fine, at fault for their goal.

Djourou - 9 - a beast all night.

Clichy - 7 - Good and bad tonight.

Song - 8 - Great, nice finish for his goal.

Fabregas - 9 - tremendous, very strong game.

Wilshere - 7 - nothing special, but solid.

Nasri - 8 - Good, always probing.

RVP - 8 - gave the ball away a bit too much but his link up play was good.

Walcott - 8 - Did exactly what we needed him to and his finish was top class.

Team as a whole - 10!

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
I can not stop smiling. I have missed this feeling for so so long. So many positives to take from this game, it's just unbelievable.

Having Fabianski at the back is making me feeling increasingly secure. Thought he was fantastic tonight despite having minimal work to do. His distribution, time wasting and communication was all spot on. A large part of our defensive organization was down to the role he played. Fantastic growth from his this season.

Djourjou is immense. Absolute beast. Love the fact that he started off as a midfielder, as it means his distribution and reading of the game is spot on. An absolute monster of a man that can play football too. That's rare.

Koscienly is quality. I laugh at the stick he receives. He does his job and is such a tidy player. Handled Drogba with Djourjou tonight and is always one step ahead. So aggressive and attacks the ball when the chance is there. I love him as a player.

Song, all that needs to be said his that he was back to his best.

Wilshere was fantastic. Such a tenacious player. I still think he holds back at times and stops himself from running at players, although that will come with confidence. He adds so much energy and agility to our midfield. The ground he covered today was absolutely phenomenal. Every time Chelsea looked to hit us on the counter attack he was busting a gut to get back and cover for Song, providing so much extra protection. Great to see that he was following up and was the furthest man forward for Walcott's goal too.

Walcott was amazing. Was worried after the first 20minutes that Cole would carry him in his back pocket, but he persisted and never lost confidence. Players like Walcott can lose the ball 20times, but as long as they keep running at their defender, they will create chances. He had Cole completely rattled, the supposed best left back in the world. What a player he could be.

Nasri proved tonight he can match it with the best. Was always worried he would struggle against the bigger sides, though he put that to rest tonight. Such a quality player and continuing to grow with each game that passes. Our player of the season thus far.

My highlight of the night though? That would have to be Wojciech Szczesny's most recent Twitter update;

Have to admit, he has a point :lol:

outlaw_member

Established Member
Fabianski 6/10

Sagna 7/10
Djourou 7.5/10
Koscielny 7/10
Clichy 6/10

Wilshere 7/10
Song 8/10
Cesc 7.5/10

Nasri 7/10
van Persie 7.5/10
Walcott 7.5/10

fabo

6.51 / 10
Fabianski...........6

Sagna...........6
Djourou...........7
Kos................6
Clichy................5

Song..............7
Jack..............6
Cesc...................7

Nasri........7
Theo.......6
RVP.............5.5

OohtobeaGoonerGal

Established Member
Oh by the way Klaus, how did Theo not make it into the top 5 MOTM options? He got a goal and an assist aswell as playing a big part in our pressing, and looking at the forums overall and reports, he was one of our top 5 performers on the night.

It's times like this why I'd prefer that there isn't a poll for post-match discussions because sometimes it won't fully reflect on what the whole forum feels about the top player displays, but mainly yours, and thus it limits us.

I voted for Djourou anyway but Theo should be there in all honesty *shrug*

mo50

Established Member
fabo said:
Fabianski...........6

Sagna...........6
Djourou...........7
Kos................6
Clichy................5

Song..............7
Jack..............6
Cesc...................7

Nasri........7
Theo.......6
RVP.............5.5

What does it take for a player to get an 8?

After convincingly beating Chelsea 3-1, I don't think anyone deserves below a 6.5

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom