• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul Sanllehi Interview

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
@jones i subscribe to great man theory (like Jeff for example) so this fits in with that.

Loving a gigantic corporate structure full of faceless technocrats might be appealing to you but I’m a decision maker. I do rather than focus group.
Nah I agreed with bingobob's post too, I just gave you a thumb down for that useless "basically this" post. Next time you do that again I'll put the thumb in your eye brev

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Nah I agreed with bingobob's post too, I just gave you a thumb down for that useless "basically this" post. Next time you do that again I'll put the thumb in your eye brev

What about great man theory?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
What about great man theory?
On a serious note it depends on what you're trying to assess. People with certain qualities usually come to the fore at some point, obviously depends on whether you're seeking the limelight or trying to get **** done. Loads of svengali or grey eminence types in history that pull the strings with some dumb dickhead seemingly in charge.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

On a serious note it depends on what you're trying to assess. People with certain qualities usually come to the fore at some point, obviously depends on whether you're seeking the limelight or trying to get **** done. Loads of svengali or grey eminence types in history that pull the strings with some dumb dickhead seemingly in charge.

Like Lee Harvey Oswald or Tipper Gore

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Raul will insist that his dismissal was budget cuts (which I personally believe) but many enjoy the scandelous version of events. Even though signings like Saliba, Tierney, Martinelli, Maghales look even better in the light now and have ended up having more staying power than some more recent buys.

I kinda agree with him, I think the Wenger/Dein model we've slipped back into is definitely a step backwards and something I have spoken a lot on. Although I will admit Pepe and Chelsea's past couple summers is probably worst case scenario of the continental model.

We won't really feel it until one of or both of Edteta's tenure is up and the next manager realises he doesn't want CB's at rb, or Ødegaard as his main #10, just random examples.

The Champions league finals and Emery missing out on CL by a hair seems to have been sliding door moments for the club in hindsight.
Yes you still have the same old Arsenal youtube/media personalities still publicly claiming that he lined his pockets with the pepe deal. Is there any credible information/links regarding this?

They then criticise his model (although its not really his model) which IMO is perfectly valid. An all poweful single manager model might often lead to a conflict of interest around long term vision/strategy of the club and the necessity for short term results to protect or further their careers. There are some managers who can handle this balance, but in general its a risk. It also leads to situations like when Wenger/SAF left that the club lacks direction.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I’m not a huge fan of it because you’re pigeonholing top managers into a do or die with players they might not be comfortable with.

But that's the whole point of the model. You have a philosophy, put a structure into place that supports that and then even if you have to sack a manager the next guy won't be uncomfotable with the players cause he follows the same philosophy.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom