• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Raul's Transfer Targets: Summer 2019

• Thread starter Aevi
  • Start date
  • Replies 13,667
  • Views 1,474,203

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Cech -> Martinez
Mustafi -> Chambers
Lichtsteiner -> Osei-Tutu
Ramsey -> Willock
Özil -> Smith-Rowe
Mkhitaryan -> Nelson
Welbeck -> Nketiah

There's our summer done without a penny spent.

Reckon we'd finish at the same spot, with far less pressure and much more leeway from the fans.

Also, one good game from Osei-Tutu would have Mitch texting his missus to come home quick because he's in the mood.

Hjalmaar

what did you expect winning the triple after wenger? it will be long rebuild and it may get worse because this squad is unbalanced and s**te

Sorry, what?! :lol: Don't know how you think I was expecting a treble this year after that post. What I didn't expect though, was us to collapse at the end of the season like we did. Top 4 was there for the taking. Or for us to fold in european final like a wet paper against those ****s.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

first we need to get of our unwanted high earners Özil and Mkhi then you need to get rid of the players you don't need like of Mustafi Elneny that the first part the 2nd part that you be smart again in transfer like last summer Leno Torreira Guendouzi were are smart signing that will improve the squad. it won't be simple but there 2 and half months to get it done.
I hope so mate a huge turnover is needed but highly unlikely.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Not sure if being in Barcelona means anything, but the club should offer Lacazette + cash for Dembele anyway. That DarrenArsenal1 ***** is hinting at Lacazette leaving possibly.

You have to wonder if Arsenal is too big a step down for Dembele now. Does he really want to join a team that played like us on Wednesday? Not sure Emery is any sort of pull either.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If we spend half of our supposed budget on Ryan ****ing Fraser, I am out next season. Sorry. If we are not buying potential talent then what is the point. Fraser isn't what we need. He can't dribble. He blocks youth. We cement our status as Europa league with him. I hope it's a smoke screen.

Not sure if being in Barcelona means anything, but the club should offer Lacazette + cash for Dembele anyway. That DarrenArsenal1 ***** is hinting at Lacazette leaving possibly.
Absolutely not. Lacazette is quality and so is Dembele. If Barca wants him and we want a winger then let's do a direct swap not cash additions from our end! Let's Let's be shrewed for once and value our players and not just bend over every single ****ing day!

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
We don’t have Wenger here anymore to court these superstars players and trick them into wasting their prime years in mediocre teams. 40m + Cilessen sounds more like it.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
If we spend half of our supposed budget on Ryan ****ing Fraser, I am out next season. Sorry. If we are not buying potential talent then what is the point. Fraser isn't what we need. He can't dribble. He blocks youth. We cement our status as Europa league with him. I hope it's a smoke screen.
You wont be alone there. If I see any of Kos, Mustafi, Monreal, Elneny, Mkhi and Özil I'm out until we sort that out. Will only buy new away shirt because it's looking great.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Our brand was the main reason many players wanted to join us, and on top of that we played attractive football and we are based in London. The way we've managed to ruin our brand and quality of our football is shocking. The only reason players would join us this summer is if we overpay them like we did with Özil, Auba and Mkhi, we have nothing else to offer. That approach will hurt us more in the future, although we can already see the effects of that on our current salary structure.
It adds more importance to who we manage to sell/release and youth development than buying players around Europe.
Links for Fraser and Rabiot will prove that, adding average players or overpaying Rabiot who will do the same thing as Özil will not help us, but would please fans for a short time until they realise what we've got. We've already seen it after Özil signed his contract.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our brand was the main reason many players wanted to join us, and on top of that we played attractive football and we are based in London. The way we've managed to ruin our brand and quality of our football is shocking. The only reason players would join us this summer is if we overpay them like we did with Özil, Auba and Mkhi, we have nothing else to offer. That approach will hurt us more in the future, although we can already see the effects of that on our current salary structure.
It adds more importance to who we manage to sell/release and youth development than buying players around Europe.
Links for Fraser and Rabiot will prove that, adding average players or overpaying Rabiot who will do the same thing as Özil will not help us, but would please fans for a short time until they realise what we've got. We've already seen it after Özil signed his contract.
For that's better time to start over and stop overpaying average players

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If an offer of 80m came in for Laca then of course you'd have to consider selling for the good of the squad, and I was thinking just in general it'd be useful to sell one of the strikers to re-balance things. On second thoughts though, unless a ridiculous offer came in then you have to keep him.

Of course we need to tilt towards youth, but with some moderation. A club of our size simply needs some star faces, recognisable faces you can stick on posters and use to sell merchandise etc.

Ramsey is leaving, Özil & Mkhi should leave (although they might not), that leaves just Auba & Laca as recognisable star faces. Who else is there? No one, just young lads and so-so players.

I'd keep both strikers and support the signing of Ziyech. He wouldn't cost more than 30m, he could replace Özil very effectively, and crucially he's a flair player you can stick on a billboard next to Auba & Laca to say that Arsenal isn't completely dead.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I rather invest in experienced Premier league players like Fraser and trust our youth.

Setup like Ajax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom