• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Record to be broken again?

AFCG7

Established Member
I know this is a football forum but i remember some of us on here were marvelling at Matty Hayden breaking Lara's world record..
well Matty made 380.. right now Brian Lara's on 340 and still going..could it be done??????
It would be amazing if he could do it.. fingers crossed :D

AFCG7

Established Member
Well he's done it!
Unbeleivable.. he's got it back.. absolutely phenomenal!!!

I'm going back to celebrate nowwwww!!!
and Chelsea lost!!!!!
now if only City can beat Spuds with a last minute goal!
what a day!

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
AFCG7, can i ask, what in the HELL are you talking about? who in the hell is Matty Hayden and what is he breaking?

AFCG7

Established Member
LOl... i was waiting for someone to comment .. i know most of you on here wont have a clue..except for the Aussies and the Brits on this forum

Alexone234

Cricket.

I am pleased for him because he has kept a brave face against the England attack while watching his team fall apart

JazzG

Established Member
Top stuff by Lara, in superb form. Got to 380 with a 6 and sweeped the next ball for 4.

Always good when a batsman breaks a record, especially when it is held by an Aussie :p *runs*

AFCG7

Established Member
Amazing.. i watched almost every ball since yesterday afternoon when he reached 200..
Most people here in the Caribbean are almost in shock..cant quite believe it.. there wasnt even a pitch invasion which is surprising .. what a feat.. i think he has done it for good this time.. how does someone make 400 runs..

Jinn

Established Member
Retired now on 400*.

What are you English bowlers serving him?

Well done Brian Lara, at age 34 proving he's still got it in him!

Jinn

Established Member
"Ten years after his 375, Lara returned to Antigua. The circumstances were different: West Indies had been walloped 3-0, and Lara himself, by now 34 and captain, was under intense pressure to avert an unthinkable whitewash. And Lara, with barely a false stroke, became the first man to regain the top spot, hitting 43 fours and four sixes as he reclaimed the record – and West Indian pride - on his way to the first Test quadruple-century."

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom