• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Regarding Dennis

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
If, theoretically speaking, Dennis was to play on for another season at the end of this one, that'd take him to 2005- would he then be entitled to a testimonial with us? That would be ten seasons completed, wouldn't it?
Even if it isn't I feel this guy should given all the props Arsenal, and indeed us loyal fans, can give one of the greatest players to have worn the red and white. Thoughts?

Gooner83

yea, thats right.. but i doubt Wenger would give him another contract... if we signed someone like Kluivert.

He definately deserves props for what hes done for us over the years, some goals players would only dream of scoring.

IW8

I can't see him getting the extra year, but the loyalty he's shown towards AFC definitely deserves something.

I (like many other true gooners) will be very sad to see him go :cry:

SydneyGunnerFan

he deserves something he has done alot for the club while he has been here scored some wonderful goals and had alot of fun on the way i think this guy does deserve something and i hope he will get testimonial

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Funny to think about how Alan Sugar sneered about Carlos Kickaball when we signed him and Dennis has never shown anything but sheer professionalism and loyalty to the cause for the last 8 1/2 years..

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
IW8 said:
I can't see him getting the extra year, but the loyalty he's shown towards AFC definitely deserves something.

Whilst I'll never say anything agianst DB10, the concept that players DESERVE a testimonial these days when they earn so much is laughable.

Personally, I think for top level players the concept of a testimonial is all arse about face. They should pay for the match to be staged with free tickets for the fans!!!!!!!

laolu

ExiledInNewcastle said:
IW8 said:

Whilst I'll never say anything agianst DB10, the concept that players DESERVE a testimonial these days when they earn so much is laughable.

Personally, I think for top level players the concept of a testimonial is all arse about face. They should pay for the match to be staged with free tickets for the fans!!!!!!!

you have a point there, but testimonials are a way for a club to show appreciation to a player and the player getting away with a whole chunk of money that is supposedly TAX-FREE

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
I think the club shows appreciation every month during their contract!

Sorry, but I really think that for the top players these days the idea of them having a testimonial stinks. I know some choose to give the money to charity and such like, but these guys are earning twice the national (per annum) wage each week! In the days of £8 a week and £4 in summer fair enough, or for Joe Bloggs who's played 10 years at Carlisle on wages more comparable with the real world, but for the £50k a week brigade - NO!

Mark

Established Member
i'm pretty sure we will be buying someone new or a youngster will break into the team, i can't really see bergy getting a game if he stayed on, i think it's time to call it a day. i will miss him though he is probably the best ever player to wear an arsenal shirt, so far anyway.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
if he leaves at the end of the season it will be sad, he has been so loyal to us over the years.

Bergkamp your a Legend

satan_beckham

for all you know he could have one,adams have his second testimonial after being 19 years here,1 year short of 20...so maybe bergkamp can still be given one if he decides to retire.but otherwise i think we should sign his next season as a backup

jeremiesgirl

He definitely deserves a testimonial, amazing player, one of Arsenal's best ever. I dont think he will be at Arsenal next season and I will be sad to see him leave :(

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Wenger rates Bergkamp very highly and I can see him sticking around for another season. He's given us so many memorable moments over the last decade or so. There's ONLY 1 Dennis Bergkamp!

The Mini

I doubt when he retires that that'll be the last of his profesional rlationship with Arsenal, he'll be a coach one day

wow seemss like evry1's eager to see db10 leave
i cant accept life without him
evry game i look for is the line up and to see his name there
i really hafta seem him lift the champions league
bye

Mark

Established Member
i'd love to see the whole team lift the CL and he definetly deserves it, but if we're gonna do it with him it may have to be this season or never. :(

Arsenal316

I would be very surprised if Bergkamp returned for next season. If somehow he did, it'll be another one year deal, and a lower wage rate...and he'll probably won't be starting as often now that Reyes is here.

If anything, I think he could influence Kluivert to come to Arsenal. Either way, I think his relationship with Arsenal will live on after his professional career is over.

Arsenal Quotes

I didnt score as many as I hoped, but it was nice that I always scored against Tottenham

Charlie Nicholas

Latest posts

Top Bottom