• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reiss Nelson: Lionelson

Goonger

I thought he was good from what I seen, liked his work rate & his intensity was night & day from what I've seen from Willian, & that's the thing that worries me about him sometimes, he's always better when he seems at it.

Agree about the set pieces though, they were shocking.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
His dead ball is so bad :lol:

He was ok otherwise. I dunno, I want him to take these chances he just never does enough for me you know.

Can’t see why he doesn’t start over Willian once in a blue though I have to admit.
His dead ball never used to be that bad, which is why it's funny to me that his corners have gone to **** mostly. His direct free kicks (when he's shooting) are usually very good, but if he has to cross it usually doesn't work out. This is why I don't want him on the right at all, this crossing **** is not gonna get him in the team :lol:.

I think he did alright tbh, he created a **** ton of chances. I don't think he was helped by being on the right but I still think he had a better game in him tonight than what we saw. We'll see if Arteta surprises us on Sunday and gives him a shot. I think I'd rather see him vs Burnley.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
If he's allowed to play consistently this season he will be one of our better players very quickly. The talent is obvious. The challenge is for the manager to be brave enough to select him regularly so that his confidence isn't shattered on days where he's not at his best. The pace of our play quickens when he's involved and that's invaluable for a team with our issues.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I thought he was really good today. After AMN and Lacazette he was my MOTM. Set up the most chances in the team and linked up well with Cedric. You can clearly see the difference when he’s on the pitch and when Willian is in. However, he can’t take free kicks. I know he’s scored from some before but he can’t put the ball in the danger areas.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He looked competent and complete apart from his awful ser pieces. I trust him on the ball and whilst he doesn't have a good end product, he does facilitate a better playing style. If he shows more confidence and determination, he'll start more games. Prefer him to Willian every day and he, Pepe and Saka can rotate well.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I'm still dont see how he's gonna make it here. Once again he struggled with set pieces, its becoming a regular thing for him and wont help him become a starter. He had some good moments but so did everyone else against poor opposition.

Pyres7

The set pieces don't even matter tbh, we just need someone to tell him 'nope you're not taking them anymore' :lol:

He did well today but I like him much better on the left.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Well another good performance today with 2 assists. He'll need to get him fair share in league if Willian keep being bad

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The set pieces don't even matter tbh, we just need someone to tell him 'nope you're not taking them anymore' :lol:

He did well today but I like him much better on the left.
Agree - I'd have him taking the shooting FKs because those are the ones he is actually good at, scores them regularly, but that's it.

Much better on the left for me.

Well another good performance today with 2 assists. He'll need to get him fair share in league if Willian keep being bad
This is where I'm at with Nelson. He's putting up numbers now in the EL, which is a good platform. Now needs to do it in the league where it really will make him a regular. He's got the talent, he's gaining the confidence, now is the time.

akhil

His dead ball never used to be that bad, which is why it's funny to me that his corners have gone to **** mostly. His direct free kicks (when he's shooting) are usually very good, but if he has to cross it usually doesn't work out. This is why I don't want him on the right at all, this crossing **** is not gonna get him in the team :lol:.

I think he did alright tbh, he created a **** ton of chances. I don't think he was helped by being on the right but I still think he had a better game in him tonight than what we saw. We'll see if Arteta surprises us on Sunday and gives him a shot. I think I'd rather see him vs Burnley.

I actually thought it was good performance. He was all over the pitch, kept moving all the time and moved the ball super fast. Just feel he's a bit tentative when he knows he's about to be in a good shooting position.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I actually thought it was good performance. He was all over the pitch, kept moving all the time and moved the ball super fast. Just feel he's a bit tentative when he knows he's about to be in a good shooting position.
I'm glad people liked his performance!

I thought it was standard Nelson in that regard. All the stuff he did today is stuff he does in his sleep. I wanted to see more goal threat and 1v1s from him today, that's where I feel he can really step up and make the difference.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Agree - I'd have him taking the shooting FKs because those are the ones he is actually good at, scores them regularly, but that's it.

Much better on the left for me.

This is where I'm at with Nelson. He's putting up numbers now in the EL, which is a good platform. Now needs to do it in the league where it really will make him a regular. He's got the talent, he's gaining the confidence, now is the time.
yes no doubt his the talent there movement passing crossing finding space is all there hopefully he'll get more minutes

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I'm glad people liked his performance!

I thought it was standard Nelson in that regard. All the stuff he did today is stuff he does in his sleep. I wanted to see more goal threat and 1v1s from him today, that's where I feel he can really step up and make the difference.
He seemed to keep it safe and link with his team mates more. His assist was very unselfish for example.

We’d like to see him do what we know he can but I think what he actually did gets you further with Mik tbh.

I’m literally praying he starts at this point ngl.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Also he’s obviously a good set piece taker, hence why he takes a lot of them whenever he plays.

It’s all mental imo, he needs to get over it. His teammates and manager clearly have faith in him so he needs to stop overthinking it and just do it!

Kav

Established Member
He’s got drive and energy. However the lad needs to work on those set pieces. His delivery today was Criminal.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
No chance. Auba and Pepe have actually scored some and Luiz still somehow pushes to the front of the queue.
Even when he's seeing stars after a collision apparently. :facepalm:

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom