• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Respect From Anelka

Archie The Leper

I for one was surprised & delighted that the sulk dedicated his goal last night to David Seaman, it showed a lot of respect, I never liked him after what he done to us but now I see him in a different light

Well done Nicolas

jc8gooner

Did the FA not ben messages on shirts? Henry did it last year and was told not to do it again. Since then, both Sheringham and Anelka have done it. Is there any consistency there?

Anyway, it was a nice gesture from Nicolas. Still a bit of a **** though.

beaney

the words Anelka and respect dont belong in the same sentance.

it was a nice gesture but that means **** all hes still an idiot!
he still makes stupid snidey comments and has yet to grow up.

reggiepaul

I can't believe how blown out of proportion the whole Anelka thing was. I can't believe so many people started to slate him because of it afterwards. He tried to explain himself and justify how a lot of it was out of his hands (unhappy with his brothers) but nothing really and people believed the papers rather than him.

A lot what has happened to Anelka has been unfair. Especially a lot of the treatment he has received from all the beauraucracy is bang out of order. The national team has never treated him well especially after our double season he was left out of the French squad out of no fault of his own.

We should admire players for what they have done for the club. Anelka I remember said that he didn't want to leave but at least the club can bring in someone stronger with the money and he encouraged and supported Thierry's transfer as well.

Yes he is sensitive but with the kind of press coverage our tabloids were hounding him with when he was in England and the way his brothers just threw him around with total disregards he couldn't become anything other than someone who couldn't give a toss for certain people, yet with this gesture he shows he has lots of heart. His playing shows he has heart as well.

The Seaman gesture is one of the biggest things a player can do as a mark of respect for a fellow team mate he shared time with at Arsenal and at Man City. It's a massive gesture.

Legend#1

Established Member
reggiepaul said:
I can't believe how blown out of proportion the whole Anelka thing was. I can't believe so many people started to slate him because of it afterwards. He tried to explain himself and justify how a lot of it was out of his hands (unhappy with his brothers) but nothing really.

A lot that has happened to Anelka has been unfair. Especially a lot of the treatment he has received from all the beauraucracy is bang out of order. The national team has never treated him well especially after our double season he was left out of the French squad out of no fault of his own.

We should admire players for what they have done for the club. Anelka I remember said that he didn't want to leave but at least the club can bring in someone stronger with the money and he encouraged and supported Thierry's transfer as well.

Yes he is sensitive but with the kind of press coverage our tabloids were hounding him with when he was in England and the way his brothers just threw him around with total disregards he couldn't get anything other than someone who couldn't give a toss.

The Seaman gesture is one of the biggest things a player can do as a mark of respect for a fellow team mate he shared time with at Arsenal and at Man City. It's a massive gesture.

Very Well said

reggiepaul said:
I can't believe how blown out of proportion the whole Anelka thing was. I can't believe so many people started to slate him because of it afterwards. He tried to explain himself and justify how a lot of it was out of his hands (unhappy with his brothers) but nothing really and people believed the papers rather than him.

A lot what has happened to Anelka has been unfair. Especially a lot of the treatment he has received from all the beauraucracy is bang out of order. The national team has never treated him well especially after our double season he was left out of the French squad out of no fault of his own.

Yes he is sensitive but with the kind of press coverage our tabloids were hounding him with when he was in England and the way his brothers just threw him around with total disregards he couldn't become anything other than someone who couldn't give a toss for certain people, yet with this gesture he shows he has lots of heart. His playing shows he has heart as well.

totally agree... U took the words from my mouth..

patrick42uk

Established Member
the thing with anelka is that he is a quiet person. that can lead to a lot of misinterpretations of your character.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom