• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes fastest player in Europe

lewdikris

Established Member
Well, who knows right? He's smoking with the ball at feet, which is what counts. Hell, if it didn't Dwain Chambers woulda been playing for us! What's for sure is that when it's him and Henry together any aging defender, or fat git a la Richard Dunne, is gonna crap themselves.

Like Henry, Reyes is brilliant in picking up the ball at the halfway line and eating up the turf to get to the box. I always thought Wenger might have wanted someone who could keep up when Henry breaks, rather than forcing Titi to turn back and play in Bobby or Freddie- this kid can...

lewdikris

Established Member
O, and this article also kinda explains the learning disabilities thang we were talking about before. He'll be ok.

SydneyGunnerFan

well the article said he was a good player and has been nearly his whole life and now with his pace and great scoring ability lets see how well he can play for the gunners

Adam

Established Member
Simon Talbot knows his Reyes well.

Reyes has also been doing some of Arsenes famed sprint tests. He has impressed.

lodi

Adam said:

do you have more info about that,,any stats??

Adam

Established Member
lodi said:
Adam said:

do you have more info about that,,any stats??

I'd love stats, but unfortunately none were given. David Dein just said Reyes impressed Arsène in the sprint tests. Freddie might fear for his record!

He wont be the fastest player at Arsenal - Clichy, Toure, and Henry may just be ahead of him (or at least equal with the first two).

Feis-al

Well, Lets see how He can run in the premier, I would though prefer him do a Henry-Carragher sprint on Rio or Wes Brown

A

Anonymous

Good to hear all that about him being a party animal was rubbish. It is going to take him time to settle in, and im not expecting him to be world class straight away. I think signing him now will allow him to become used to England, and fully ready for the start of next season. That imo is when we will see the best of him.

lewdikris

Established Member
The party animal thing was always gonna be bollocks. Arsène doesn't sign people with social lives ... hence no Kluivert, ever.

Andrew

I think Reyes will fit in fine. Yeah, he can't speak English. He is obsessed with his football which sounds a lot like Henry. He is a similar player to Henry so I think they will find the same wavelength. After all, as Wenger said he lets the football do the communicating.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
He's never looked the quickest when I've seen him play. Pace is something our game relies on heavily and he'll make us even quicker and more dangerous on the break.

Gooner83

Hes younger so i think he will be faster than Henry later on.

Henry seems to have a higher top speed... but Reyes has the best acceleration.

JGooner

I've never really noticed his pace when i've seen him on Sky's Spanish football show, but all the quotes about him from the Spanish press have stressed this quality. Clearly, pace is the central criteria of the Wenger Doctrine, which is why all of his known targets recently have been grease lightning - Eto'o, Kewell, RvP, Defoe, etc. Wenger would not have bought him unless he had the necessary speed to suit our play. If he plays as a withdrawn striker, then he'll be the first person we have had in that position for a long time who actually possesses true pace. Kanu doesn't. Bergkamp used to be quick, but is obviously slower now.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom