• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Reyes: 'I was very satisfied with my game'

Adam

Established Member
He certainly broke the ice with that first touch.

He handled the conditions better than the other forwards who we would presume are used to them. He showed good strength, commitment and balance.

His acceleration was out of this world. He scared David James out of his wits when he closed him down.

Lets see how he does at Boro.

Ridge

really really pity he didnt got that pass david james.

it would be great to score a goal in his rainy 20 minutes debut. :mrgreen:

lewdikris

Established Member
To be honest, Reyes should be used to the rain. The heaviest rains i've ever experienced have been in Barcelona and Seville. Serious serious downpours.

reggiepaul

I was overly and shockingly surprised at how well he fitted in. Most players take a long time to adapt to the way Arsenal play but some of his moves - oh my god, were amazing for a first time substitution!!

pamilih

reggiepaul said:
I was overly and shockingly surprised at how well he fitted in. Most players take a long time to adapt to the way Arsenal play but some of his moves - oh my god, were amazing for a first time substitution!!

The way he moved about reminds me of DB10 when he was younger. His strikes are also so similar.

Taozhe

He also stood up to Tarnet who tried to intimidate him ;)

I was a bit pissed at the way Tarnat acted, should had been at least a yellow for that push!

matu

he seems to read and anticipate well + passes good too (that pass to Peres which led to the goal)......i hope tuesday's game at Boro will be his night to run around the defence..... :mrgreen:

Sol man

Reyes Interview in the Metro

I read the metro this morning and there was an interview with Reyes.
he was asked

In spain, the impression is your development could be affected if you are not playing enought. Do you agree?

Reyes- Arsenal are in the Champions League and that is the reason I have come here and taken such a big step. I have come to win titles but not from the bench.

About your new team mates?

Reyes - I haven't trained much with them yet but I shook everyone's hand the first day. They look a very good unit, very competent.

Where would you like to play?

Reyes - I hope to be a second striker, that is my favourite position, the one I think suits me most where I can scoreand create and be part of the action.

Will you miss the banter between Sevilla and Real Betis?

Reyes - I'll miss the Sevilla-Betis derbies but I will have to find somethingsimilar here. I bet Matches against Manchester United are also passionate (someone suggests to him that, maybe, he should be already having bad feeling towards Sp**s). Ah, okay, Sp**s then are the rivals.

The Mini

Seems like Kolo but but so cool that he doesnt show it. Toure is still in awe of being allowed to train with all these amazing players. You can see that Reyes is feeling the same

A

Anonymous

He looked the part on his debut.
Dennis sadly is looking past it, and his kid is his replacement. He really does look special.

I really hope he plays upfront against Wolves with Henry. A Henry/ Reyes partnership is as good as anything in the world.

Mark

Established Member
this is why i think it should be bergkamp's last season. he can play well one week, but he struggles to do it week in week out. although his pass to henry for our first goal yesterday was nice. sad to say it but i doubt he can last another season after this.

A

Anonymous

lex said:
what does galetico means ? if i spelt it right
reyes used it when he was beein interviewd
Its a quote made in spain for some of the Real Madrid players, traslated to mean out of this world"different planet"

Andrew

lex said:
what does galetico means ? if i spelt it right
reyes used it when he was beein interviewd

You've asked this question in about 5 different threads. :lol:

I agree with Sol that we are going to have a terrific partnership up front. Soon defences won't only be worrying about Henry and Pires but Reyes will be a big problem too. And it is quite amazing with how he settled in. Language is not a problem because he obviously fits into our style well.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal

Latest posts

Top Bottom