• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rio Mavuba

kenada

<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinenews?id=326413&cc=3436" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/headlinene ... 13&cc=3436</a>

Any one know anything about him?

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
he's pretty good. wouldnt mind him at arsenal at all. i know what people will say, "another hotshot kid". this guy plays like he's 27. plus the french league is really fast and furious like england is, if a wee less physical. i think he'd be an excellent buy for us especially if paddy departs (hope not).

Ratinho

Established Member
I think we'd be looking at around £6-8m for Mavuba though (No doubt someone will now tell me he'll cost £16m :roll: ) and as he is a quality player, he'd be one to consider if Vieira stays and Edu goes, as aposed to needing an Essien if we lose Paddy.

And like gtd says, before people start talking about not buying kids and we need experience, this guy is a full French international and has been playing first team football for a while now.

brianfrance

Established Member
Very good French league player; But do you guys remember France-Eire ? Roy Keane totally outplayed him. Maybe it was the pressure though
Essien is better :wink:

Mark

Established Member
I remember seeing him play for France and he looked really poor, but that's the only time I've seen him play. I hope he's not another who goes missing in the big games. I'd rather Essien, personally.

brianfrance

Established Member
One thing i've already said but I've to repeat it; Mavuba played for France for one thing : to be sure he won't play for Angola. Any U21 France international can play for his native country at the senior level. And we have already missed Fae, who choose to play for Ivory Coast (after a certain Kolo Touré and a certain Didier Drogba insisted by many phone call). As soon as a player does have a cap for France, he can't play for another country in the next 2 or 3 years, I don't remember the exact law about this. So Mavuba would have never been in the squad if he was native from France (Luccin would have been obviously called up, or even Bodmer, or one of the toulouse' hot prospects)
He's talented and full of running, but not International player yet, that's sure! Essien is far above him, just watch both 1 time to be sure about that.

XxGoonaStuxX

Yeah, the only time I have seen him play was for France vs Eire. To be honest, based on that performance I would not buy him as he looked very poor.
However, if you looked at some of our players vs Bayern and based their worth on that they would not be worth much.
Want to see more of this guy before Wenger splashes big cash on him....

AFCG7

Established Member
Waste of time buying him.. why buy "potential" for such and important position? we already have Flamini and Cesc as potentially good CMs..if Edu leaves we should buy someone who is already established

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
The 22-year-old French international midfielder is a key member of the Bordeaux side, catching the eye of Arsenal with his assured displays.

“I would enjoy playing in a side like Arsenal,” said the star, who opted to play for France after being born in a boat in international waters.

“In any case, I would like to experience a spell with a foreign club, but not immediately.”

Described as the new Jean Tigana in France when he started playing, Mavuba is most often compared nowadays to Chelsea star Claude Makelele.

exciting stuff there. heard of his name alot of times. he is pretty short but he is very good in tackling and distributing short passes.

Don Pacifico

Established Member
I think he said that in the summer of 2005, when we had the whole Baptista ordeal originally GUNNERS4LIFE. Guess he was taking the piss, as I can't see him getting a place and the deal hasn't materialised. The report that came ouot yesterday seems to be a re-hash of an interview of his in 2005 as well. Here are the links to those two reports. Notice the date in 2005.

Mavuba in talks over potential move (in summer 2005):

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... id=&cpid=8

Mavuba expresses Arsenal, Real, Juve desire (Note similarites with report from yesterday)

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... id=&cpid=8

Basically he wants to move to a bigger club, but I think he is using us as a decoy to attract interest from others. Sounds promising, but can't see him coming with the depth we have in midfield (and yes I am talking about Song).

EDIT: Made a bit of an error, when I said summer 2006 I meant 2005!!

mad jens

i think we have enough depth in midfield and it will be hard to accomodate him unless we offload one player.

liridon

i think midlefield is ok .

we just need LB and RB and if we can get KLOSE would be a great sign of january transfer market

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
omg. youre still dreaming. wake up, we will never sign klose. we have an abundance of striker anyway. if we are to sign a striker, it must be KJH. since we are playing 4-5-1 anyway.

i think signing rio will give us a assurance for the DMC position. i still don't believe in flam regardless of what. rio and denilson will make a decent DMC partnership

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom