• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Riyad Mahrez

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It's a risk but if the club rate Lemar more then you back them.

Oh no I back the deal completely, but it feels like another one of those deals that we chase and end up losing out on plan B.

It happens way too often. I'm worried Lacazette will be our only money signing if Lemar goes off the table.

CrypticSaint

Essentially, Mahrez is our 3rd choice behind Alexis and Lemar. We want to start the next season with 2 of them. It's a little backwards since he is a top player but him giving up on us is a good sign not a bad one.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Mahrez is a step back to the ***** Arsenal era of nice football that wins nothing. Arsène hasnt been good enough tactically in over a decade to win with that style. The last couple of windows have all been about pace / power.. Hope it continues.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Mahrez is a step back to the ***** Arsenal era of nice football that wins nothing. Arséne hasnt been good enough tactically in over a decade to win with that style. The last couple of windows have all been about pace / power.. Hope it continues.

Don't know mate - whilest I also want Lemar as first choice your words are way too harsh.

I mean, the guy you're talking about was carrying ****ing Leicester City to the title by constantly ripping top clubs a new one.
Mahrez has also constantly shown that he is pairing breathtaking football with successfull football with a lot of end product.

He was POTY, he's a winner and his last season wasn't so bad actually, mostly average when the whole of his squad wasn't up to it what is not that surprising for such a club after having done miracles before.

Arsenal's era of nice football that you're talking about was also not a thing of the last few years and before we merely missed out on titles because we either didn't have enough squad depth to cope with ever occuring injury epidemics or just constantly lost our best players to rivals.

Last edited:

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Mahrez is a step back to the ***** Arsenal era of nice football that wins nothing. Arséne hasnt been good enough tactically in over a decade to win with that style. The last couple of windows have all been about pace / power.. Hope it continues.

Mahrez isn't any slower than Pires or Ljungberg, the pace/power we had was mostly in central areas, Henry, Vieira, Gilberto, Campbell, Toure etc.
This is why I wanted us to sign Fabinho (and Mahrez) I don't like the Ramsey and Xhaka combination as much as everyone else seems to, we need a faster, more athletic midfielder imo.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not this myth again :rolleyes:

Tactics looked pretty good in the cup final.

Nobody can stay 20 years in the top 4 of the EPL with ****tactics. Ask Mourinho!

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Mahrez isn't any slower than Pires or Ljungberg, the pace/power we had was mostly in central areas, Henry, Vieira, Gilberto, Campbell, Toure etc.
This is why I wanted us to sign Fabinho (and Mahrez) I don't like the Ramsey and Xhaka combination as much as everyone else seems to, we need a faster, more athletic midfielder imo.

Don't know mate - whilest I also want Lemar as first choice your words are way too harsh.

I mean, the guy you're talking about was carrying ****ing Leicester City to the title by constantly ripping top clubs a new one.
Mahrez has also constantly shown that he is pairing breathtaking football with successfull football with a lot of end product.

He was POTY, he's a winner and his last season wasn't so bad actually, mostly average when the whole of his squad wasn't up to it what is not that surprising for such a club after having done miracles before.

Arsenal's era of nice football that you're talking about was also not a thing of the last few years and before we merely missed out on titles because we either didn't have enough squad depth to cope with ever occuring injury epidemics or just constantly lost our best players to rivals.

Not this myth again :rolleyes:

Tactics looked pretty good in the cup final.

Nobody can stay 20 years in the top 4 of the EPL with ****tactics. Ask Mourinho!

I would happily sign Mahrez if Özil exits this summer but cant see how both + Xhaka in midfield is anything but regression to Wengers previous ideals.

I cant think of another team that attempts to fit this number of granted v.talented but niche players into the same eleven.

For me it requires the set up to be perfect tactically & puts unneeded pressure on those behind. I just dont see Wenger winning the league going down this route again.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I would happily sign Mahrez if Özil exits this summer but cant see how both + Xhaka in midfield is anything but regression to Wengers previous ideals.

I cant think of another team that attempts to fit this number of granted v.talented but niche players into the same eleven.

For me it requires the set up to be perfect tactically.

You're putting Xhaka in that criteria? Wot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom