• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Reading some of these posts I must be the only one with a nice thick sexy head of hair on here?

Anyway, Holding has generally always been good for us. I like him.

As fans we’re reactionary though, I’m sure we’ll lose a game next month and I’ll be here abusing him. That said, think I have always praised, maybe never bashed him.

Wryer

Looks like Arteta really trusts Holding and rates him. Seems to play him whenever he is available. Or is it just some subconscious confirmation bias on my part?

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Looks like Arteta really trusts Holding and rates him. Seems to play him whenever he is available. Or is it just some subconscious confirmation bias on my part?
He rated him enough to tell him he wasn't going on loan and has played when fit since

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He's starting to look like the guy who was having a great spell right before his knee injury. I still think his lack of pace is an issue against teams that can stand a rapid forward on him but his reading of the game is quite good, he's strong in the tackle, decent in the air and he's got a great mentality. Doesn't get bullied by anyone. Obviously we have to hope Saliba comes good and forms a world class pairing ala Vidic/Ferdinand that lasts for years but this version of Holding is a very nice option to have for rotation while Saliba develops.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
There's some proper weird issues some of you have around balding :lol:

It's clear many on here are either balding or already bald. Don't get the obsession with looks of our players, whether they are perceived to be handsome or otherwise, just a bit unnecessary.

Gegen Pressing

He's starting to look like the guy who was having a great spell right before his knee injury. I still think his lack of pace is an issue against teams that can stand a rapid forward on him but his reading of the game is quite good, he's strong in the tackle, decent in the air and he's got a great mentality. Doesn't get bullied by anyone. Obviously we have to hope Saliba comes good and forms a world class pairing ala Vidic/Ferdinand that lasts for years but this version of Holding is a very nice option to have for rotation while Saliba develops.

V-shaped recovery (pun intended)

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
As fans we’re reactionary though, I’m sure we’ll lose a game next month and I’ll be here abusing him. That said, think I have always praised, maybe never bashed him.

Embarrassing how many people in this thread were writing him off after a few rusty games when he came back from an ACL injury but now they're kissing his ass, just shows how people jump on bandwagons.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I like him regardless of his head. I don't think he is a player you necessarily have starting regularly but you can't deny he performs when called upon and specially in the bigger games. He is great at keeping his head under pressure as well as getting into his opponents head. He isn't a spectacular player with hihgly noticeable attributes but he knows how to really defend in the most basic and simplest of ways.

Malky

Established Member
Has one training session and gets picked over a fit Mustafi for a huge away game? :lol:

Gabriel was incredible yesterday, but that's not to take anything away from the performance of Holding, who was excellent.
Another performance like that against Villa this weekend and Luiz could struggle getting back into the side.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Similar to Elneny Holding been really good and that's tell you players can easily turn thier career around with new coaching system and more work from themselves to improve thier ability

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Similar to Elneny Holding been really good and that's tell you players can easily turn thier career around with new coaching system and more work from themselves to improve thier ability

Holding never needed to turn his career around like El Neny, his issue was that ACL injury setting him back. Always been in and around the first team with all our managers.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Holding never needed to turn his career around like El Neny, his issue was that ACL injury setting him back. Always been in and around the first team with all our managers.

Funny how Emery apologists were using the "he lost Holding" line are the ones trying to bring Holding down. Can't have it both ways here.

He was having a great spell before his injury and just like Bellerin, is just getting back to his old form pre injury.

That's not to say that he can't be upgraded on, but he's solid enough that once Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers leave, he'll still be around the team on merits, and the only action course would be that, an upgrade.

Pop Tart

Established Member
Been impressed with him since Emery first season. Before that he was all over the shop. Can see the affect of Arteta coaching.

The whole balding thing in this thread is pretty embarrassing. I do question the intelligence and maturity of some posters on here

mpower2540

Did very well yesterday and his ball playing seems to have really improved. I still think ultimately he’ll need replacing if we’re gonna make that next step. He’s really likeable as a bloke though

tcahill

I'll admit I've thought he wasn't good enough for Arsenal for several seasons. Happy that he's making me eat my words.

The whole balding thing in this thread is pretty embarrassing. I do question the intelligence and maturity of some posters on here

Using the swearword "****", attack vegans or baldness will get you into the goodwill with yousif. I think many younger posters here do it in hope for trusted status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If he sent an apology it must have been by horse

Arsène Wenger on apology from Ferguson

Latest posts

Top Bottom