• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I don't think I've ever still been in two minds about a player who has been here as long as this :lol: He's had more good games than bad going back quite far now.

Anders Harbo

Angry Scandinavian #6
Did very well yesterday and his ball playing seems to have really improved. I still think ultimately he’ll need replacing if we’re gonna make that next step. He’s really likeable as a bloke though
But he had a very difficult game at Anfield. Liverpool's high pressing game gave him very little time on the ball, that led to a lot of turnovers in possession.

Pyres7

Still don't he's good enough to be a starter for us long term, but for now he looks like our most reliable defender after Gabriel. If he carries on as he has been I'm happy for us to go to a back 4 with that partnership, and with a CM of Partey-Elneny we look solid enough defensively to get an AM on instead of the third CB.

Pyres7

Looks like Arteta really trusts Holding and rates him. Seems to play him whenever he is available. Or is it just some subconscious confirmation bias on my part?
Might be true now but last season Arteta dropped him after the Leeds FA cup game and never gave him a look in again. Mustafi was always in the team ahead of him.

But it looks like Holding has won him over now, no better proof than how he was rushed him back from injury.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
I’ve changed my mind about him a few times. He’s a fringe player and he’s never really had a good run of games he looked good the last time until he picked up an injury. Will be interesting to see how he does with a consistent run in the team. Seen guys like Djourou put in a few very good games before going back to being average over a period of time. He will get his chance hope he can step up and take it.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Was solid against Utd.

This man was crucial in our two fa cup wins. Done more for the club than any of our CBs, deserves more respect.

Not forgetting the one final mustafi played he probably did the most hilarious thing ever to be done in a final aside from kairus.

Seems like him and Gab are developing a solid partnership.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
He looks in better shape physically. More assertive and a bit quicker. Last year he looked so slow and afraid to engage the strikers, often just letting them have shots without getting close enough.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Why are people making up so many lies about Holding? He's never been slow or afraid of strikers or never had a good run. He's good most games he plays he was just never one of the popular players so everyone hated him.

Again a lot of fans treat it like a popularity contest rather than a talent show.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I don't think I've ever still been in two minds about a player who has been here as long as this
I'll be just about to get convinced then he'll do something that resets me.

Still think he's good enough that we'll get a juicy fee for him but high-line playing out from the back football isn't for him imo.

BigPoppaPump

sprints.jpg

Faster than your boy fatty bum bum. You'd rate him if he was a black French/African sauceboy but cos he's a classic English lad you don't like him.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

sprints.jpg

Faster than your boy fatty bum bum. You'd rate him if he was a black French sauceboy but cos he's a classic English lad you don't like him.
Who's using stats now?:lol:

Weird stats as well, with no information on how or when they were gathered and huge question marks in certain areas that I won't even bother pointing out.

Stick to being an eye test merchant please. The numbers ain't for you.

BigPoppaPump

Who's using stats now?:lol:

Weird stats as well, with no information on how or when they were gathered and huge question marks in certain areas that I won't even bother pointing out.

Stick to being an eye test merchant please. The numbers ain't for you.

No ones buying into this football analyst act you're doing, no need to overcomplicate things they're judging who's fastest. Hope you get a job at StatDNA one day :lol:

Eye test shows he's not slow either, Rob Holding has elite CB potential and I'll keep saying this, sorry he didn't cost 50 million. I hope he gets a hair transplant and a different trim every week so he can impress you.

Last edited:

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

No ones buying into this football analyst act you're doing, no need to overcomplicate things they're judging who's fastest. Hope you get a job at StatDNA one day :lol:

Eye test shows he's not slow either, Rob Holding has elite CB potential and I'll keep saying this, sorry he didn't got 50 million. I hope he gets a hair transplant and a different trim every week so he can impress you.
So you genuinely believe that Holding is faster than Iwobi and Welbeck? Fair enough

As for the last bit, you should probably ask me why I rate certain players because you keep bringing up looks and sauce and its boring now.

BigPoppaPump

So you genuinely believe that Holding is faster than Iwobi and Welbeck? Fair enough

As for the last bit, you should probably ask me why I rate certain players because you keep bringing up looks and sauce and its boring now.

Over 100m he probably is, again I'm saying he's not slow I'm not saying he's Auba or Bellerin. The slow thing is just a myth someone said one day and others parroted.

And I know why you rate certain players already I don't need to ask.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'll be just about to get convinced then he'll do something that resets me.

Still think he's good enough that we'll get a juicy fee for him but high-line playing out from the back football isn't for him imo.
Problem with trying to judge him is his best games, or those that stick, have come against the better teams I think, and then he’s looked dodgy when he should really look comfortable. I’m not even sure what conditions suit him either. Worth persisting with though when you look around him.

akhil

He's had 43 PL games in the last 4 years. He needs a consistent run at this point, and he's been good so far since the restart.

Like Bellerin, he looks like he's fully recovered after the ACL. He's looked better on the ball off late too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have always been the club of the people, the streets. Arsenal was one of the first clubs to really have black players, so it did represent the mass of the UK and how London is. I hope people at the club know that and who are they playing for.

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom