• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rob Holding: I'm Sorry He Didn't Cost £55 Million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

1) Just from a financial perspective. Say we sign another CB, Saliba comes back and Holding accepts being our 4th choice option. Would it be harder to sell him if he’s on bigger wages and plays less games than before?

2) If the club is willing to give Holding a new deal because I suspect it’s the easiest thing to do, what makes you believe they won’t just give Bellerin, AMN, Lacazette and Xhaka new deals because it leaves less work to do in the summer?
We have the same concerns and it worries me. Is this protecting value or accepting ‘decent’ again. Holding being HG is a huge plus though. The midtable teams love spending a nice 30M+ on English defenders. I begrudgingly accept this extension.

As for your other question. One of Bellerin/AMN are probably leaving and Laca is too clear of an example of a diminishing asset for even this club to mess up, only thing that gets him an extension is a world class season. Xhaka is our second best midfielder flaws and all, and is a good age, I don’t think he’s going anywhere unless we sign a CM.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I know some were a bit unsure about his extension but I’m glad this regime seem more proactive with this now.

Id say any contract allowed to run down from this point onwards is fully intentional now (soz Laca).
They promised us they wouldn't let most contracts get to under 2 years. They have let that happen with a few players but I guess their reason would be they may had been situations which were already festering before they arrived.

I hope we stay on top of contracts from now on, it has financially crippled us in the transfer market for a long time now.

Jovi

It's official.

Good extension this. Even if not as a starter he's brilliant to have in the squad.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
well deserved Rob. keep it up. so it's only 2 year new deal i like we announce the length of the contract so people will know and not get confused about how long the players staying here.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Well deserved contract extension. I still hope we can sign a better player for the right side of defence long term but Rob has a great attitude, is dependable and home grown so a fantastic asset to have in the squad.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Deserves an England call up tbh, Southgate has no idea what he's doing.

Southgate has an agenda against anything Arsenal, ever since Ray made fun of him during his first ever team talk as a coach.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Stones has been quality since he got in the City side?
Coady and Mings have been good also - and rightly got England call ups this season.

Agreed with AMN, but it's well known Southgate has a bias for anyone that's come through the U21 pathway, which AMN has.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I’ve been saying both are trash all year so Holding’s above them for me no :lol:
Villa's defense as been really good, but Martinez probably has something to do with that.

If you consider Holding's performance against Villa, Sp**s etc I personally wouldn't say so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom