• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Rob Holding (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
There's some whispers about Holding going. Not sure where it's coming from, Le Grove has been tweeting about it. But he makes good points. Holding recently said he wants to break into the England squad and now he has almost no chance with us. He was also close to moving to Newcastle last summer.

Le Grove also makes a good point saying Calum Chambers would then be backup to White which I'm massively in favour of. It then means Cedric and Bellerin are our two right backs, which makes it a hell of a lot easier to make another right back signing.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
Goes against the Brexit narrative, but I would be in favour of selling him if it frees up funds for some good signings. Of course, I have little faith our exec team actually knows what it's doing...

Our promising CB's from last year (Ballard and McGuinness) have been loaned out again, I believe. Any promising youngster at the club to take the 5th choice spot (@MutableEarth)?

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
If he thinks he’s better than Maguire, Mings etc wanna have some of whatever he’s smoking.

Painfully average player but ok as a backup.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Goes against the Brexit narrative, but I would be in favour of selling him if it frees up funds for some good signings. Of course, I have little faith our exec team actually knows what it's doing...

Our promising CB's from last year (Ballard and McGuinness) have been loaned out again, I believe. Any promising youngster at the club to take the 5th choice spot (@MutableEarth)?
McGuiness is gone, free to Cardiff, think we attached a sell on clause

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Can we really go into season with White, Gabriel, Mari & Chambers as CB's? Xhaka & Elneny being 5th choice?

Even without Europe I say definitely not, as Gabriel is injured, Mari and Chambers being often too.

We can sell him next year with 2 years in contract and Saliba coming back. He can keep dreaming of the England squad.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Can we really go into season with White, Gabriel, Mari & Chambers as CB's? Xhaka & Elneny being 5th choice?

Even without Europe I say definitely not, as Gabriel is injured, Mari and Chambers being often too.

We can sell him next year with 2 years in contract and Saliba coming back. He can keep dreaming of the England squad.
If injuries hit, they could go to a 3 with Tierney or Xhaka as a LCB

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League

We are playing once a week. In the case of an emergency you could slot Tierney at CB and put Tavares at left back. Honestly, we have about 5 players who can play CB. White, Gabriel, Mari, Chambers, Tierney.

drippin

It'll take something really, really catastrophic for two of our main defenders to get injured.
Getting a couple million more for Holding this season is not worth the risk to possibly ruin the whole season.

White is not often injured, but look at Partey - it can happen. All those other CB's are quite often injured.

drippin

I cannot for the life of me understand why we didn't resign David Luiz. We need some experience. He'd have been a great option to have next to White until Gabriel sorts himself out.
I assume he wanted sure 1st team football, but maybe someone has more information?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Getting a couple million more for Holding this season is not worth the risk to possibly ruin the whole season.

White is not often injured, but look at Partey - it can happen. All those other CB's are quite often injured.

A couple of million? It'll be at least £15M. Look at United, they'll have 4 CB's for the season. City will have 4. You can't just expect everyone to get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom