• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Rubén de la Red

dendito

http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futb ... 27532.html

http://www.mercafutbol.com/noticias/las ... -red-46142

Basicly says that Atletico Madrid and Arsenal are asking about him.

He would like to start next season with real madrid but they have to pay 5 million euros to bring him back from Getafe so they could be intrerested in selling him for around 10 million euros.

By the way also says that Arsenal started looking at de la Red "after the signing of Nasri" so the spanish medias talk about Nasri as a done deal! Let's hope it is!

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Re: Ruben de la Red linked

De La Red is a real all action midfeilder and does everything. Tackles, spreads the ball with accuracy, Good Vison, about 6ft1, good in the air and has a deadly shot. He reminds me of Aquillani in terms of physique and characteristics on the pitch but is definelty a cheaper option. Thats not because hes as good but because Madrid have so many options ahead of him in midfeild and It may effect certain players if he just stepped in ahead of them as theyre champions. Who can blame them?

Wenger wanted Alberto but he was too expensive so I can see why he has probably turned his attention to Ruben.

gunnerama911

I'm not sure what type of centre midfielder he is but I remember him playing at CB against Bayern so I'm sure he'd have no problem partnering Cesc.

thegame24

Established Member

is this the same ruben that was crying after he got subbed off halfway through the first half?

Mostarac

Established Member

I am certain that he did not play as a central defender against Bayern as I watched both matches, gunnerama911. Anyway, a great creative midfielder who reminds me more of Pirlo than of anybody else in the way he plays. Very skilled technically, good at passing the ball around precisely and above all very good at dictating the tempo and fluidity of his own team throughout his "fantasista" role.

number_0

Established Member

Real madrid has a great youth system that consistantly produced good players, we should nip him off, before they wake up and smell the coffee(or quality)

dendito

He's had a great season on loan at Getafe and has been included in the Spanish squad for the Euro.

-Shaun-

Ruben is 22 years old, not sure how much he'd cost. Didn't know he's been on loan at Getafe, I thought he'd just gone down the pecking order at Madrid :lol: It says on Wiki that he was sold, not on-loan, but Madrid had the option to re-buy within two years if they wanted him back (and Schuster has confirmed he'll come back for the 08-09 season).

Haven't seen him in a while to be honest, but he's a decent player. Not sure if he would be a permanent starter though. Much rather prefer Gago, he plays the same game as De La Red. Both pass the ball around very well and get stuck into tackles, both the same ages actually.

godfather

just watched him play against USA for the last 35 mins, looking very good with the ball and also a very good passer, especially worked very well with Cesc. IMO he will be a good buy if 10m euros to be true.

Wokich

This smells like Wenger. One center mid from Barca and the other from Real!

Anzac

Established Member

Yeah but if we don't sign him before the Euros you can bet that his 10mill will add another 5 by the end of it.

entropy13

Established Member

Anzac said:
Yeah but if we don't sign him before the Euros you can bet that his 10mill will add another 5 by the end of it.

Even CRonaldo and Kaka combined won't be bought for 105m Anzac. :wink:

:lol:

Anzac

Established Member

so do we swap the 0 & the 5 & make it 150mill - it is Real(ly Stupid) Madrid we are talking about.........and they are the originator's of this decade of spiraling costs in fees and wages..........

Jaded

Not gonna happen.

Not because Real won't sell him, but because Real will ask Cesc in return.

Better not do any deal with devil. And Real Madrid is the biggest devil of them all. He eat Satan for breakfast.

Paddy from Sweden

Interesting how most footballers costs around £15m (give or take a million or two) these days. At least according to the press.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Top Bottom