• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sambi Lokonga: Sam Be the Man in Midfield?

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Sambi Lokonga....Sounds like a regen name on the old Championship Manager. I appreciate that :lol:

I don't expect too much from him next season. Seems like one for the future. Comes across very well in his interview though.
My thoughts went more in the line of a grizzled guerilla fighter in the depths of the Congo....then Albert for the smart suit at the peace conference in Rambouillet....

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
They didn’t need to throw shade at my man El Neny
The Belgium Under-21 international consistently demonstrates press resistance in the build-up phase, frequently calling for the ball to feet. He registered 64 passes per 90 minutes in the 2020/21 campaign and he doesn't just pass sideways either, regularly providing line-breaking passes to help progress the ball for his side.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Did you lot see in the interview when he speaks about the influence of Arteta and Edu to get this deal done?

It went from making this club shine again (Luiz, Willian etc) to the influence of Arteta and Edu. They’re on the ropes imo.

The interviewer (@Frimpon) is on the payroll aswell. Got a feeling a lot more are on there too including a few members here.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Him and Chunkz do my head in tbh.

Think it was Norwich game at home in 2019/2020, during lockdown.

Chunkz was the only fan in the stadium, just running around in the background on his own :lol:

Goonger

Finally! Welcome 'Ket' from Brussels!

Decided to watch a YouTube comp to get me hyped for the signing, & he seems very interesting. Very athletic, looks press resistant, has acceleration to get away from a player, good passer, can tackle.

Obviously it's more difficult to see weaknesses in comp's, but is there anything apart from experience that he struggles with, because the raw materials in that look pretty exciting?!

TornadoTed

Established Member
Welcome Sambi.

I am not expecting him to pull up trees but as long as he is a better backup than Ceballos I will be delighted.

The quality drop off when Ceballos came in for either Xhaka or Partey last year was startling, nice footballer but physically so out of his depth in English football.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]
Back
Top Bottom