• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Samuel to R.Madrid, a done deal?

JazzG

Established Member
http://www.soccerage.com/en/13/v0095.html

Terrible news, R.Madrid have finally realised they defense sucks and are sorting it out. Samuel is a brilliant defender and like his countryman Ayala will do brilliant in Spain. In a way it is good because now he won't go to Chelsea!

Now lets hope they don't buy another defender and a good defensive midfielder, if they do I think the European crown and La liga title might be back on its way to Madrid. Considering how crap their defense is, and boy is it crap, they have done allright.

Think it is confirmed they are going for Alonso/Emerson who is a very good player but don't know if they are in the market for another defender, I hope not! They will probably bring in another 'big' player, heard they were thinking of bringing in Samuel/Totti/Emerson from Roma!

GlasgowGooner

God whats happening to Roma, their defender Zebina also signed for Juve today and Emerson is expected to sign for them tommorow as well.

Xabi Alonso is expected to sign this week, if Real stick with this policy and sign 5-6 really good players they will be the main force once again next season.

JazzG

Established Member
Roma are broke and have to sell their players, still can't quite make out how they could afford Chivu! I wanted him to come to Arsenal dammit!

I feel sorry for their coach, the situation got so bad he had to play beckham and guti as defensive midfielders. They simply had no proper central defenders and have paid for that, all the blame is going on the coach when it shouldn't. They turned down buying Milito and he went to Zaragoza( i think) and had a great season, he failed his medical at madrid but not at zaragoza. They say the main reason they didn't sign him was because Perez didn't think he was a big enough name lol.

Real's squad age is creeping up as well so they need to bring in younger players. Dunno why but don't think Totti will go but they might go for Joaquin.

GlasgowGooner

Yeah what a mistake they made with Millito, Real said he isnt fit enough yet he ended up playing a stormer in the final of the Copa Del Rey agaisnt Real .

Perez and Valdano are the ones to blame for this season, it still amazes me to see these Wenger to Real rumours. Why on earth would he move to a club where he has no say in the transfer policy of the club.

KingReyes

Established Member
GlasgowGooner said:
Perez and Valdano are the ones to blame for this season, it still amazes me to see these Wenger to Real rumours. Why on earth would he move to a club where he has no say in the transfer policy of the club.

Exactly, Wenger has recently come out and said he remains loyal to to Arsenal because he gets the support from the board in every player he tries to get to bring in.He can't get that at Real M.

jeromelee

JazzG said:
Roma are broke and have to sell their players, still can't quite make out how they could afford Chivu! I wanted him to come to Arsenal dammit!

If it's any consolation, Chivu's at Arsenal in my Championship Manager game LOL :D

KingReyes

Established Member
Taozhe said:
I hate to see such a good team like Roma deteorating

Yeh, especially when it only strenghtens Juve's and Milan's chances. I'd prefer if Roma won the Serie A.

JazzG

Established Member
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Art ... ?id=204385

It is pretty much confirmed now, good to see a player not jump at Chelsea's money.........or maybe R.Madrid offered him more ;)

Great signing for Madrid though, Helguera is a decent player so even if they don't buy another CB they should be allright, think they should though.

Strong rumours that Alonso deal is almost done as well. Both will help them out a lot and make them much more solid at the back.

Also Roma are saying they won't sell Totti but in the end they may have no choice!

Arsenal316

Well, with Salgado, Helguera Carlos, and now Samuel, that defense is much better. I thought Raul Bravo was a decent defender. He even made the squad for Spain for their Euro matches. Perhaps he's better off coming off the bench. Who knows. But now that Real have a defense, I think they will be that much better.

SuperBob

Yeah there defense is good now.. I have to admit Raul Bravo is a decent defender maybe not for a big team like Real Madrid but he's decent changed my views completely after seing play this season, he will be good for them as backup. All they need now is another defensive midfielder and I think they will be the complete team unfortunately.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom