• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
I'll be amazed if he can return to his usual level but still think the new manager and board will want to hand him a one year deal.

StefanB

Love Santi to death, but he's 34 in the autumn and hasn't played professional football for 2 years. He's also had some insane injuries and some pretty massive operations.

Also let's not forget that he also wasn't unplayable in midfield before the injury nightmare. He was getting called out for being too lightweight and not affecting big games.

He wasn't the solution 2-3 years ago to CM (but a very decent option!). No way he's the solution now.

Longy

Cazorla is not coming back.
If it is, it's only to wave goodbye in our last PL game of the season.

Love Santi, but it's over.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Yeah Santi’s great but his career in England is over. Hope he gets to play a bit more somewhere lower impact before he calls it a day

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Love Santi to death, but he's 34 in the autumn and hasn't played professional football for 2 years. He's also had some insane injuries and some pretty massive operations.

Also let's not forget that he also wasn't unplayable in midfield before the injury nightmare. He was getting called out for being too lightweight and not affecting big games.

He wasn't the solution 2-3 years ago to CM (but a very decent option!). No way he's the solution now.
Well he would have been sensational in a balanced midfield 3. But you simply cant play both him and Özil and have a balanced team. Even if you force Özil out wide for proper midfield 3 that makes the attack quite unbalanced because he's naturally gonna drift inside. I guess the situation sorted itself out in the worst way possible... we have struggled to control games and make enough chances since Cazorla started getting injured. imo he was more instrumental to the team than Özil was im sure id get slated for that tho

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
I would not mind having him on a pay as you play contract.
I don't mind having him as a squad player, but I doubt he wants to sit on the bench after 2 years without football at the end of his career, he probably wants to enjoy the last years and play as much as he can. But we will see!

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
we have struggled to control games and make enough chances since Cazorla started getting injured. imo he was more instrumental to the team than Özil was im sure id get slated for that tho
Anybody slating you for that either doesn't watch us or hasn't got a clue how it worked WHEN IT ACTUALLY WORKED....

It isn;t a talent issue. ALthough I think there is debate for that too....
But like you said, Santi pulled the string.,

Bailey Turmoil

No way would he be able to run around much with that achilles agony. You ever had a regular achilles strain? His situation is 1000 times worse.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Good. He's been paid for the last two years and hasn't played. Harsh but he doesn't deserve ANY deal.

I would probably move him on but at the same time I wouldn't be against the club giving him a one year deal just on the off chance he can get back to his best or slot in as backup.

If I was Santi though I'd be wanting to play as much as possible after so long out at that age. Maybe he'll look to return to Spain, which I wouldn't blame him for at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom