• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VancouverCanuck

Did you not understand what I said? IF he is going to stay fit, which will depend on how well he trains this summer at the club, then it's a no brainer to give him another year on smaller wages. That's all that I'm saying.
Willock contributed **** all to the cause. All he did was be on the pitch.
If that's the kind of youngster you want to promote, then you're straight up trippin'.
At his age, and the type of injury he has suffered, do you honestly think he will manage to stay fit for a season?

Of course, there is always a possibility that he will fully recovered. Just like there is a possibility that Willock will turn into a monster over the summer. It would just be imprudent to count on either scenario happening.

FYI, I don't even rate Willock that highly. But I would much rather give him the opportunity to prove himself than another crock who will definitely not be part of our future. If Willock does great, that is excellent news for us. If he doesn't cut it, we can at least sell him and recuperate some money.

Santi has literally zero resell value. The only way a contract would work is a pay as he plays.

Some highlights to show Willock doing *** all.

Thanks Santi, enjoyed watching you play.
You'll need that foot for many decades to come.
He is well set now to move onto other things. I would hate to see him play again and risk injuring that tendon a second time and not be able to walk properly again.Would be like watching a boxer go one fight too far.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Good if he is of the books

Nice fella, great technique .

But severly overrated on these boards, people who rated him So highly have a naive and romanticized view of the game

He would never have started for any top team, not as cm atleast

This is a time to be ruthless

Should never have been given an extension

IslingtonBornandbred

Good if he is of the books

Nice fella, great technique .

But severly overrated on these boards, people who rated him So highly have a naive and romanticized view of the game

This is a time to be ruthless

Should never have been given an extension

Why do we always have to have a go at players who don't deserve it?

You're right, a midfield two of Cazorla and Coquelin is a little unbalanced because you are placing excessive defensive demands on Santi especially in the big games, but as an individual he gets in and he lives in any midfield in England, and most in Europe.

City play Fernandinho, then Silva/KDB in front of him. You take out Silva and put in Cazorla when he was in his peak for us and they'll be equally as good. That's the top team in the country and he'd start for them if you replaced Silva with him. They are the same level. If you have an overload of similar type of players i.e peak Silva, Cazorla etc then yeah someone would have to miss out but you are underrating him he's not overrated. He's one of, if not the main reason that made us tick in midfield since he's been here and he had exceptional ability.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐

No chance he would!

It was the magic of having Wenger & Santi.

Forced back to CM really through circumstance & delivered us top four then ended the trophy drought.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Overrated? No. People just acknowledge what a very good player he is. Sure he had his flaws just like most players but his ability on the ball was a joy to watch at times.
His partnership with Coquelin one of our best midfield pairings in recent times.
No doubt has he been missed these last two years, and without his ability to dictate the flow of the game from CM it's no surprise we've struggled on the road.

If you can't appreciate the player Santi was/is then maybe cloggers like Eric Dier are more to your liking.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
If Jack and Ramsey go too I'm not at all sure I will stay an Arsenal fan - too much change too quickly for me

So you support the players and not the club? Because we've lost much better players and changes are needed at Arsenal.

And anyone calling Santi overrated doesn't know football.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
If you can't appreciate the player Santi was/is then maybe cloggers like Eric Dier are more to your liking.
Yep that’s the only choice in football for CM; a Santi Cazorla or Eric Dier....

For me Cazorla had two equally good feet but no great one, his size was prohibitive, he contributed relatively little when defending. He was technically very good, was great in build up play, allowed us to retain the ball well. He scored that FA cup final goal, had some great moments.

But if I could choose the profile of my CM it would not be Cazorla.

IslingtonBornandbred

Because you people who rate him So much are What has been wrong with the club for so long

You got wengeritis, you think small playmaker is the end all of football .
Your preferens has Hurt us

:lol: Ok, the people that rate Cazorla so much are what's wrong with the club.

Nobody is saying a small playmaker is the end of all football. Let's just line up with a midfield of Jake Livermore, Fellaini and Jack Rodwell because they are all tall.

Nobody is saying they expect Cazorla to play in defensive midfield and steamroll opponents but that's a team balance issue it's not because Cazorla isn't a good player. Modric, Silva, Xavi, Deco, Iniesta, Thiago are all similar builds and they've done OK. People are talking about Arteta being unlucky not to have one single Spanish appearance, well Cazorla has 77 so that tells you something. Ideally I wouldn't have him as one of a midfield two sitting in front of the defence either, especially in the big games, but he's made for a midfield three in front of a deeper DM and alongside a box to box player.

Like I said, I think he's underrated not overrated. Every single player when questioned has him as the best player. If you can't appreciate his technical ability because he's not tall then there's something wrong with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game

Latest posts

Top Bottom