• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Santi Cazorla: My Friend, Is Adios, No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduardo_da_Silva

That smile of his and joy You could feel in him every time he played is something I will forever remember. Gave us so many happy moments.

Thank You Santi, if there is one player that didn't deserve that agony it was You.

Hopefully he gets to nutmeg those spanish defenders once again.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Looking at the number of apperances over four and a half years really and not six, he really was a major player for us. I'm really going to miss him.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
He spent a large chunk of 15/16 on the sidelines. The rot set in when he and Sanchez were crocked during the winter months. I'm sure the Coq went down with a pretty serious injury that season as well.

Not saying we would've won the league, but he would've definitely given us more of a shot at it.

Him being injured so much is part of the larger issue

Same with Jack, rosicky

We buy the wrong players, athleticism and physicallity needs to be premiered more

He might have been good to great But still the wrong player

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Same with Jack, rosicky

We buy the wrong players, athleticism and physicallity needs to be premiered more

He might've been a wrong signing in your eyes but I and many others thoroughly enjoyed watching him play and appreciate his massive contribution while he was fit. Gave us a solid four years service.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Did we win the league?
No, but if he'd played an entire season there it was possible. From January-November 2015 he was a mainstay in CM and this was the table during that calender year:
Untitled.jpg

He came back the following season and was instrumental in the 6 game winning streak before his injury, leaving the team in this situation:
Untitled2.jpg

A run of 4 wins in the next 9 league games would pretty much end the title challenge with Chelsea on a huge run, as Xhaka was still being eased in and Elneny struggled as well

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
No, but if he'd played an entire season there it was possible. From January-November 2015 he was a mainstay in CM and this was the table during that calender year:
Untitled.jpg

He came back the following season and was instrumental in the 6 game winning streak before his injury, leaving the team in this situation:
Untitled2.jpg

A run of 4 wins in the next 9 league games would pretty much end the title challenge with Chelsea on a huge run, as Xhaka was still being eased in and Elneny struggled as well

if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

he was injured alot because he was a small technical guy

with to few big thugs on a team you end up kicked of the pitch

last time we won the league not only did we have those athletic guys, our technical guys were all much bigger meaner

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Jeeeez, that did hurt soo much. Probably my favorite player of the last 7-8 years and that's a big call as there've been quite a few great characters over the years..

Just seen the recap on THAT city game which was posted by Arsenal on facebook. Whaaaaat a player that guy was. Unbelievable. Magnificent. Out of words - thank you Santi, forever loved at this club.

Arteta a legend ? Hell no. Santi a legend? HELL YES !

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Would have liked to keep him, the lay off was due to complications from surgery not the actual injury...but it’s probably for the best I guess.

ptrcopp

I think this guy was a favourite, or should be at least, of every football fan.
A brilliant player and clearly a lovely person; he made football a joy to watch. But what made him a joy wasn’t just his technical ability, which is some of the greatest we have seen in england. What made him a joy to watch was that he not only wanted to win but he so obviously enjoyed playing. And he enjoyed playing the correct way.
Hope Santo manages another season or two at a decent level. If anyone deserves it in football, it has to be him.

CanadianGooner1608

I wish Santi the best.
Absolutely loved him, this is killing a little part of me. Just like Wenger, it's heartwrenching, but it was time for him to leave.
Just because of him, I'll be keeping an eye on Villareal next season. Hope they treat him well.

skyster

I wish Santi the best.
Absolutely loved him, this is killing a little part of me. Just like Wenger, it's heartwrenching, but it was time for him to leave.
Just because of him, I'll be keeping an eye on Villareal next season. Hope they treat him well.

Villareal are in the Europa League are they not? So we could potentially see Santi back at the Emirates yet! Fingers crossed.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Same with Jack, rosicky

Whilst I agree Cazorla really was too good to turn down. 10m was it? Even back then that was incredibly low.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Exploited the malaga financial meltdown to get him on the cheap if I remember correctly. Sort of deal you'll very rarely see.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
if ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

he was injured alot because he was a small technical guy

with to few big thugs on a team you end up kicked of the pitch

last time we won the league not only did we have those athletic guys, our technical guys were all much bigger meaner
The reality contradicts your assertion that the team wasn't better with him in it.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
A pointless better because we didn't win

Errrr, what? Any improvement is pointless if it doesn't make you better than everyone else?

Might as well stop going to the gym, you're not stronger than Brock Lesnar. Also, stop getting raises, you're still not as rich as Bill Gates. It's pointless fam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp

Latest posts

Top Bottom