• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Seaman retires from football

Mark

Established Member
this came as quite a shock to me, but i guess it was only a matter of time. good luck to him and thanks, he was a great player. a legend here at arsenal.

zerofeel

best wishes to a legendary Arsenal goalie and may he find more success with his new career.....gonna miss seeing him in action tats for sure...

gypped

Best keeper england will ever know, hats off to the great man. He was amazing for Arsenal, and will not be forgotten. He is worthy of much respect, from everyone.

Incubus

Should have retired on a high, better late than never...

Loyal servant to Arsenal and a top bloke...There is a little Seaman in all of us, well most of us.

Good luck Seaman, wish you all the best for the future.

Am I really the only one who was more annoyed than impressed by Seaman for most of the period since '96?

I still remember singing "we all agree, Lukic is better than Seaman" outside Carrow Road in May 1990, and then eating my hat big time. However the goalie we had up to '96 (typified by the video of the Sampdoria game in '95 if you ever see it) was a million miles from what we have had since, missing dozens of shots from 30 yards or more, going five years or so without saving a penalty, and generally being the most arrogant and irritating sod imaginable. The "safe hands" signature for me summed it up totally. He lost touch with reality the moment the crowd gave him a standing ovation at Wimbledon.

The worst crime imaginable - he thought he was bigger than the club, especially in turning down the coaching job at the end of last season - means I for one never want to see him here again.

OK I'm drunk tonight, but am I really on my own on this?

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom