• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Seaman retires from football

wrightgooner

Personally, I'm gutted for selfish reasons.
I've got tickets for my family's yearly visit to Highbury for the Man City game 1st Feb. I'm thinking it will be an easy win for us and at the same time it would be great to see Highbury say a proper godbye to someone who has served the club very well for many years.

Then last week he gets injured and now he's gone. :(
Still hope to see him there on the day in a non-playing capacity when we put four-plus past Calamity James!

Sammer

Established Member
Matt of the North Bank said:
Am I really the only one who was more annoyed than impressed by Seaman for most of the period since '96?

....was a million miles from what we have had since, missing dozens of shots from 30 yards or more, going five years or so without saving a penalty, and generally being the most arrogant and irritating sod imaginable. The "safe hands" signature for me summed it up totally. He lost touch with reality the moment the crowd gave him a standing ovation at Wimbledon.

It might be a bit harsh what you are saying, but I would ad that Seaman was Englands best keeper for many years.

Nothing more. And being Englands best keeper for many years, didn´t mean much internationally.

Sorry to say, but outside the UK, he had - in the last 3-4 years more a reputation for being a "fly-catcher", than for being a top-level international keeper. Not to speak of his weakness with crosses etc.

Still, what made him special is his committment to the club. And of course, he made some great saves....

Soler

Established Member
Good luck and thanks for the memories ... perhaps this could be an apt time for Arsenal Mania to put up an 'Arsenal Legends' page?

tbbosa

Good bye jolly fella...thanks for the memories..an arsenal legend thats what you are..no matter what.

See U soon at Highbury.

Arsenal Quotes

People say why I did lie on the floor after the goal, they think I was tired. But I think I was a lot cleverer than people thought.

Charlie George reveals it was all a time-wasting plan after the double winning goal
Top Bottom