• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sergej Milinkovic-Savic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner006

Mentioned him in the wish list the other day, so very happy to see this link.

He led Serbia to the U-20 World Cup title a couple years ago, which helped pave the way for his transfer to Lazio. The guy is a midfield colossus, capable of winning in the air and on the ground through tackles and dribbling take-ons from deep. He's been credited with 223 duels won in Serie A so far this season, which is 32 more than any other player. For further reference, Pogba (225) is the only PL midfielder with more than that.

His 6'4" stature certainly benefits him in the middle of the park, but he's far from just a physical brute. Although his passing accuracy can improve -- and probably would by simply playing for a possession-based team like us -- he's created more chances this season than any player we have outside of Alexis and Özil. With six total goals, he's also a decent threat in the final third, and only Alexis and Theo average more than his two shot attempts per game.

Overall, his best position is as a box-to-box midfielder, but his size and strength should allow him to double as a DM, which would give us a needed alternative to Xhaka and Coquelin.

4R5Emaniac

Always fresh from Bangladesh
Haven't seen him play much but have read about him and his agent talking about being the next Pogba. Interesting profile as a player. I think we should go for Naby Keita instead though as a starting quality CM for next season.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
from the few games I have seen of him I like him BUT

we are frekkin stacked at CM

if we were to sign a new CM I could perhaps see us getting a better Coq, preferably one that can cover CD to

Or one that can sub for Özil at ACM to, (our new Cazorla)

I don't see Savic as either, he is tall thou so he shouldn't embarass himself at CD

Özil and Wilshere on their ways out. Coquelin and Elneny are trash and Cazorla is like C. Xavier in Logan.

We need to invest in 2 midfielders in the summer. We are long way off finding a functional midfield.

Yea,he was very good player in his prime.Little bit ****** as a person,remember that clash with Özil and some other stupid things that he did.

That is what I like with players from Balkans. No sons in law!

Xhaka is a little OTT at the moment but we need that nasty strike a little bit and players who stand their grounds and play hard game! Hopefully he will have mastered the league by next season and we can add Sergej too!

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Mentioned him in the wish list the other day, so very happy to see this link.

He led Serbia to the U-20 World Cup title a couple years ago, which helped pave the way for his transfer to Lazio. The guy is a midfield colossus, capable of winning in the air and on the ground through tackles and dribbling take-ons from deep. He's been credited with 223 duels won in Serie A so far this season, which is 32 more than any other player. For further reference, Pogba (225) is the only PL midfielder with more than that.

His 6'4" stature certainly benefits him in the middle of the park, but he's far from just a physical brute. Although his passing accuracy can improve -- and probably would by simply playing for a possession-based team like us -- he's created more chances this season than any player we have outside of Alexis and Özil. With six total goals, he's also a decent threat in the final third, and only Alexis and Theo average more than his two shot attempts per game.

Overall, his best position is as a box-to-box midfielder, but his size and strength should allow him to double as a DM, which would give us a needed alternative to Xhaka and Coquelin.
too good to happen, then.

StefanB

Looks class and according to people he's class and been improving a lot over the years.

Would love him to come in and play alongside Xhaka. Beast physique, fast, technically looks very good and a goal threat. Needs to work a little on his passing though, but that should be very doable.

Aevi

Hale End FC

Article:

http://www.repubblica.it/sport/calc...ovic_savic_arsenal_psg_real_united-197472244/

Milinkovic-Savic is legit, like best young midfielder in Europe legit, so this would be a crazy move. We're just not the type of club to pay that, unless the club wants to make a statement and we have more money than the media makes us out to have. Would he even want to move here though? Not sure, he'll have options.

Here are some vids...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
First of All Di marzio said few days Lazio will only sell S.M.Savic if an offer of 100M arrive. Also us spending 150M will surely stop us strength the defense and sign goal keeper.

Aevi

Hale End FC
First of All Di marzio said few days Lazio will only sell S.M.Savic if an offer of 100M arrive. Also us spending 150M will surely stop us strength the defense and sign goal keeper.
Get your body ready for Sven's bargain gem buys :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Dennis Bergkamp is the club's unconditional idol, a perfectionist whom I never saw make a careless technical move.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom