• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi: Cack On Top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impact

Established Member
His passing hasn't impressed me that much if I'm honest. Think he is decent on the ball and nothing more. Hardly a playmaking CB ala Bonucci, Boateng, Hummels etc.

Mike Vinna

Love this guy so far. And he's still settling in. Hopefully Kostafi can become what I hoped Vermaelen/Kos could be. 2 agressive, quick, ball playing centre backs that function well together. Surely it can be done?

Slightly off-topic but is anyone else annoyed they don't have Mustafi's real face in FIFA17? :(

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
He's a world class CB in the making. A fearless warrior with no nonsense attitude about him. Looking forward to watching him wreck centre backs for many many years to come.

nicky47

Established Member
Early days, but its already easy to see why Wenger was willing to pay as much as he did for him. I absolutely love this guy so far! He seems just all round solid, but his ability to read the game combined with his aggressive nature makes him so good... Fingers crossed he continues how hes doing, and him and Koscielny can also continue to gain a better understanding of one another.

N

NotAUserName

I don't want a ball playing cb tbh, I want one who knows how to defend. Give me John Terry or Sol Campbell over Boateng. As long as he's not completely useless on the ball I'm OK.
Not trying to compare Boateng to Terry or Campbell but Boateng is an excellent defender in addition to being a ball playing CB. I don't think it's unfair to ask for both.

Still, I believe Mustafi's there's enough time for Mustafi's passing to improve. The signs are already there.

N

NotAUserName

His passing hasn't impressed me that much if I'm honest. Think he is decent on the ball and nothing more. Hardly a playmaking CB ala Bonucci, Boateng, Hummels etc.
He would have been much more expensive if his passing were as good as those guys. Personally I would have gone for Van Dijk. He is excellent at both defending and going forward.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
We don't really need him to be a brilliant passer to find Xhaka, Cazorla do we? A simple 10 yard pass will do. And it isn't as if Cazorla or Xhaka will have to carry the ball from deep within our half, just his presence allows us to play a high line thus doing the work of a pass(which is getting the ball up the pitch)

Song Billong

If I was to criticise Mustafi, it would be for having a 6.5/10 volleying technique from 30 yards out, with tricky crosswinds. Practice should bring that up to speed though.

I also think his arms seem just a little too short for his body. But aside from that he is looking line a superb signing so far.

OSBK

Established Member
Looks a good player, he is much better than per and gab.

His short passing looks very good but he does do the odd random long pass.

As far as the style goes, we need this player rather than a defender who takes chances.our league has changed so Ball playing cb's in our league dont turn out too well, luiz-blind-agger. The days of ferdinand etc are gone.

Impact

Established Member
His passing is good.

We don't need a play making center back. We have enough playmakers.

I don't want a ball playing cb tbh, I want one who knows how to defend. Give me John Terry or Sol Campbell over Boateng. As long as he's not completely useless on the ball I'm OK.

I understand both your points. (Disagree mind, as I don't think it has to be an either/or situation). I made the point just to quell the over the top praise he's getting for his passing. It's been good but it's not been anything special. Just keen to ensure we don't resort to making things up in our eagerness to support a player.

Saikung

he's proving to be a great signing, doesnt matter about his passing abilities, it's all about his defending.
And who needs a ball playing cb when his partner is a CB bicycle kick scoring player.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Many questioned his price tag, well he's proving to be worth every penny. One thing that's a huge bonus is his vocal contribution, he's great and a perfect partner for Kos. I also love his attitude and commitment, he looks a great signing in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It is well known the referees are protected very well like the lions in the zoo so we have to live with their decisions

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom