• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Shkodran Mustafi (Out)

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 2,110
  • Views 309,694
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Now is the best time to sell him. If he comes back he’ll be a backup and the asking price gets lower and lower as he sits on the bench. Then people will moan when we only get £10m for him next summer.

Get £30-40m for him and Mustafi and put it towards rebuilding the defense.

Also agree with this to an extent, major problem we’ve had is Joel Campbell-ing young players.

Holding on to them, in some cases turning down decent offers for them when they’re not going to play any game time at all and losing them on frees.

I rate Chambers a lot but if Emery doesn’t plan to use him in the first team he’s got to sell him on. I’d hope that with Holding and Bellerin facing significant time out next year and Mustafi hopefully gone he’ll get his chance.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Could've been so different. Was so excited when we finally signed a rated defender for over 10m. He's not a bad player at all but its in his head. I'm hoping some club in the Bundesliga would be delighted to get him for around 15-20 million.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Could've been so different. Was so excited when we finally signed a rated defender for over 10m. He's not a bad player at all but its in his head. I'm hoping some club in the Bundesliga would be delighted to get him for around 15-20 million.
Have a feeling he’ll end up in Italy if last summer’s transfer rumors are anything to go by.

say yes

forum master baiter
:lol:

Never thought you'd be a Callum lover, mate.

Think that people are generally far too harsh on young CBs. Experience matters so much in that position and I believe Chambers has huge potential.

Didn’t get enough credit last year and he’s not getting enough recognition at Fulham this time around.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Think that people are generally far too harsh on young CBs. Experience matters so much in that position and I believe Chambers has huge potential.

Didn’t get enough credit last year and he’s not getting enough recognition at Fulham this time around.
Has he played much at Fulham at CB?

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Selling him and Chambers and investing into a top CB would be a step in the right direction.

I like Chambers but I think he lacks some key attributes to be a top CB yet his combination of defensive skill and ball control make him a good defensive midfielder for a mid-table club in the Jack Cork or Oriol Romeu mold.

I think the club made a decision between him and Holding (right IMO) and should sell now to recoup some money. This new regime would have accepted that 20 million pound bid from last summer without blinking.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
No they’ve been playing him in DM and he’s been great for them there.

Speaks to his quality on the ball which is a real positive given the modern emphasis on playing out from the back.
He is decent on the ball and I actually like him but if we can sell him on and reinvest-along with Mustafi- we should take that chance imo. He is HG though and could play as cover for CB, RB and DM so who knows.

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
No matter how well he plays for the rest of the season, I'm scarred and want him gone. Can't sit comfortably on the couch when he plays. It's a shame because there is a good defender in there somewhere. Hope he plays well for the remainder of the season and sells for 20-30m.

I generally agree with giving him a chance, but you're missing a detail regarding his Fulham spell. When he played at centerback early on in the season, he performed pretty poorly and was eventually pushed out of the side, much to the relief of Fulham's fans.

I would also add we have two other talented CB's.

I imagine Chamber's value is relatively high, being English and having played a full season at Fulham. I'd reckon there'd be some suitors. As others have said, sell him and Mustafi and we can get a top 23-26 year old CB who will immediately impose himself on our defense.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Would be great if we could get some money back for this guy.

Chambers, however, is still a great asset and very versatile which Emery loves. Think he'll be in the squad next season.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
My sentiments exactly. Then let Kos walk and promote Medley.

I really like Medley, I think he has a great chance of success here. I was on the Nelson hype train when people were falling all over AMN so I like to think I have a good eye. We're going to ignore the fact that I had Perez as my avi for a season though :)

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Think teams like Valencia, Sevilla, the Milano clubs and maybe Lyon/Marseille will be interested and we will make a decent fee but not recoup all ofcourse.

Good for both parties. I think Mustafi is a good defender, but his time here has become an evil spiral and that he needs a change of scenery.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Decent defender, but we really should look to attain a decent fee for him. We need a top, top defender and Chambers isn't and never wil be quite in that bracket.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I'll be glad to see the back of Mustafi. After that long non losing run with him in the team,he's been shaky at least. I'd sell Chambers too. Too many loans with no recall-the club has never really rated him and it was a gamble purchase. One top class CB and luck with injuries (lol) replaces these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A player's true character is in how he plays and not in his social life. You can hide your real personality in your social life, You cannot on the field.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom