• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Yet here you are, crying about us not signing VVD for ridiculous money, who was struggling with his team.

Must've watched loads of Dortmund, you. :rolleyes:

No I'm not.
I just said this is the kind of player we should be going for. (well at least before Man City got involved and made his price skyrocket).

If a few years ago instead of buying 3 average CB who haven't improved us at all we used those ressources to buy just one that was top quality we wouldn't even be in that situation today.

Paying peanuts for this guy, yet here we have Arsenal fans crying about resale value and age, the same things they were bashing Wenger for. Couldn't make this up. :lol:

18/20M isn't peanuts though. It's not far from being half of our budget :lol:
Resale value is really important for a self sustained club like ours.
We almost have no valuable asset to sell this summer. Maybe Bellerin?
Ramsey has a year left on his contract so I don't think we can get that much money from him.
Having valuable assets in this market is important if you don't have an owner who inject tons of cash or if you're not Man Utd.

Look at Liverpool. If they didn't have Coutinho to sell for this ridiculous fee I don't think they would have been able to pay VVD, who made them a much better team than they were without him (and with Coutinho).

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@Cazorlinho if you truly believe 18/20m is half of our budget then you need to think things through a little better.

Those who know won’t speak, those who speak won’t know.

Did Van Dijk make them a better team? They conceded a stupid amount of goals against Roma and 3 in the final against Madrid.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
:lol:

I actually see this as pointless with our club when most of the players just run down their contract and leave either for free or for a 1/3 of their market value.

Resale value works with other clubs but for us it's pointless.

This really needs to change.
If our budget is that limited without CL football then we must find another source of income.

@Cazorlinho if you truly believe 18/20m is half of our budget then you need to think things through a little better.

If I'm not wrong that's the fee reported by Ornstein too, isn't it?

Anyway last summer £50M was approximately our budget. After buying lacazette we couldn't afford anyone else without selling Alexis (and that's what Ornstein reported, that we had no significant funds to bring in a new player unless Sanchez got sold).

I'd be happy if it's wrong.
But looking at the targets that are leaking for the moment, it matches our reported budget.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Did Van Dijk make them a better team? They conceded a stupid amount of goals against Roma and 3 in the final against Madrid.

I haven't watch games against Roma, but come on against Madrid VVD was great.
I think Liverpool has been pretty solid at the back and it it wasn't for Karius mistakes and Bale incredible goal...

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If our budget is that limited without CL football then we must find another source of income.

Anyway last summer £50M was approximately our budget. After buying lacazette we couldn't afford anyone else without selling Alexis (and that's what Ornstein reported, that we had no significant funds to bring in a new player unless Sanchez got sold).

But looking at the targets that are leaking for the moment, it matches our reported budget.

We spent £47m on Laca then offered £35M for Lemar so our budget last season was around 70-80m as that was after selling Szczesny that we apparently bid for Lemar.

I think we have £70M, outgoings sort out the wage bill demand. Cazorla and Mertesacker cover Lichsteiner and Sokratis wages for example.

We’ll see what happens, but I think if we wanted to do something a little more crazy and invest huge into a player for the future like a Savic for example then we could.

JENSON_GUNNER

Then we ended up signing Aubameyang for a club record fee. Sanchez and Mkhi was apparently a straight swap. So where did we get the money for the Auba signing? So, please don't listen to the media about our transfer funds. Not many people outside the boardroom know about that bit of info.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
Then we ended up signing Aubameyang for a club record fee. Sanchez and Mkhi was apparently a straight swap. So where did we get the money for the Auba signing? So, please don't listen to the media about our transfer funds. Not many people outside the boardroom know about that bit of info.

Chamberlain, Giroud, Walcott got sold mate. That's why we were able to afford Aubameyang imo.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
I haven't watch games against Roma, but come on against Madrid VVD was great.
I think Liverpool has been pretty solid at the back and it it wasn't for Karius mistakes and Bale incredible goal...
..it would be for something else.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Haven't really watched him play but from what I've heard, he's a bit of an a1pha male? Great if true, we need dominant players in that back line.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Johnny Evans would have been a much better and a much smarter signing, tho he's never played for Dortmund so we couldn't have expected Sven to have heard of him.
Sven doesn't know there was a CL final this weekend. He was watching 4th division relegation playoffs in Germany. Schniedersacksen vs Öberklatze. He's got his eye on one of their youth players.

Enz__

Anti Antique Abuse
Johnny Evans would have been a much better and a much smarter signing, tho he's never played for Dortmund so we couldn't have expected Sven to have heard of him.

I've seen a lot of people make comments about Sven only going for players related to Dortmund as if that's a bad thing. I get your comment was obviously a joke but so far he's 3 for 3. Our best player is from Dortmund, Mkhi is looking quite good or at the very least better than Sanchez has looked since the swap and Mavropanos looks very talented. So far Sven has not given me a reason not to trust him so i'll do the same for Sokratis and any other player he brings in, even if he wants the entirety of that Dortmund squad :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I reckon we don't even have a fixed budget every summer. We could literally spend however much we want, as long as it's 100m less than what we need. That's the equation.

Preacher

Always Crying
Greek. Does he speak it ?

Sokratis is only the part of Sven's master plan to create world's best central defender. He wants to find mentor for young Mavro. He is playing chess, when you are playing checkers:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I can really see the light. I’m telling you I’m very positive most of the time. I’ve seen the light and I can see bright lights. There can be bumps in the road within that light, but I can see a lot of light.

Mikel Arteta

Latest posts

Top Bottom