• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2015/2016

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Goalkeepers

Cech
Ospina

Defenders

Debuchy
Bellerin
Mertesacker
Koscielny
Gabriel
Chambers
Monreal
Gibbs*

Midfielders

Coquelin*
Arteta
Flamini
Ramsey*
Wilshere*
Cazorla
Özil
Rosicky

Forwards

Chamberlain*
Walcott*
Giroud
Alexis
Welbeck*
Campbell

Players with * are HG
Players u21 don't have to be registered.

Last edited:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Transfers
In:
  • Cech
Out:
  • Diaby
  • Ryo
  • Podolski
  • Szczesny (loan)
  • Martinez (loan)
  • Jenkinson (loan)
  • Hayden (loan)
  • Gnabry (loan)
  • Akpom (loan)
  • Sanogo (loan)

Last edited:

Flaminal

Well we've released a bunch of players today and Arteta and Flamini are still here so I guess Arteta's 1 year contact extension was true after all and Flamini's ends next season.

Don't think we'll sign a new DM as I think Wenger is fine with his current options for another year, with Bielik going on loan this season then coming into the squad to challenge Coq during the 16/17 season.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

1-2 more WC additions, forward and a midfielder would seriously help us mount a title challenge, however I still believe if the bulk of our first team remain injury free we can win it with what we have atm. Amazing how many key players at Chelsea played over 30+ games compared to ours. I really believe that was much of the difference last year.

We do have a quality squad and depth as well. This is easily the best Arsenal team we've had in a long long time. The signing of Petr Cech is massive as well, Özil + Sanchez level signing for me. He'll be so important next year and will hopefully sort out Schez and turn him into the monster keep we all know he can be.

GDeep™

League is very weak
What's Dialsquare banging on about on twitter? Something about Arteta having a permanent injury and not playing again.

Stoneh

I think with Alexis back late and missinv pre season. It will hurt us if we dont have a good start. He carried the team last year. Our forward line is missing a prolific striker. None of the existing forwards are capable to scoring 20+ looking at their injury and scoring records. I mentioned elsewhere that Walcott scoring record per game is same as Ozils! AW will realise too late and probably buy in January... if anything is available then. We already should be looking at a CF given Walcott not signed new contract yet.

MrBump

Cech is huge. We have one of the best and hopefully he can teach szesney a thing or two for the future.

can't see AW signing a dm/dlm, I think he's comfortable with coq/arteta/flamini

not many strikers available better than what we have, can see AW using Walcott more up top.

that leaves atleast 1 hole for another wide player...
alexis, ox, Walcott seems a bit thin especially given their injury records. I don't want to see ramsey out there.

he'll wait until last minute to see for any opportunities, looks like there will be a fair bit of movement.
we don't need to rush.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Cech is huge. We have one of the best and hopefully he can teach szesney a thing or two for the future.

can't see AW signing a dm/dlm, I think he's comfortable with coq/arteta/flamini

not many strikers available better than what we have, can see AW using Walcott more up top.

that leaves atleast 1 hole for another wide player...
alexis, ox, Walcott seems a bit thin especially given their injury records. I don't want to see ramsey out there.

he'll wait until last minute to see for any opportunities, looks like there will be a fair bit of movement.
we don't need to rush.
Wide player does make more likely I agree, with Walcott and Ox usually struggling to stay fit brining in another player on the right makes perfect sense, with Walcott being moved up front if him and Ox both do stay fit.

Bould14

There's something going on with Arteta. It's gone quite with the 1-year extension. Perhaps coaching gig?

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
It's official, Poldi is a Galatasaray player.
Galatasaray EN ‏@Galatasaray 9m9 minutes ago
Welcome to Galatasaray, Lukas Podolski! @Podolski10

Good character, painfully limited player. This is a transfer I feared wouldn't happen because of his wages, Gala however can pay top wages for players like Poldi. Very small fee but still, more pounds in the kitty.

Campbell and Sanogo to follow, following a loan for Akpom, freeing up room for a striker. Onwards and upwards!

ModelGooner

Harambe Loyalist
There's something going on with Arteta. It's gone quite with the 1-year extension. Perhaps coaching gig?

I hope so. He offers nothing on the pitch, however his off the field influence is valuable. Flamini wastes a spot as well.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
We still need that midfielder in my opinion. Someone to provide a proper alternative option to Coquelin, or displacing him.

A forward would be a bonus at this point I reckon. We probably will get Theo signed and that will be it there.

Do this, and I would be content with our options going into the new season.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Hopefully Campbell and Wellington can be sold, maybe sell or loan Yaya and loan out Akpom and possibly Gnabry as well. That would leave Giroud and Welbeck as our strikers, could well add another in that case...

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

I think we'll give Wellington a chance in preseason but would love to see Campbell, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Flamini and Arteta all sold to make room for a striker and a midfielder.

If I had more spare time I would use it to promote how wonderful player and character Jenkinson is so people would appreciate him more.

Thinking about setting up websites, and buy advertising spaces on facebook... Even send email on people who are gunners!

North Bank Gooner

Still need another marquee signing, whether it'd be at DM/STR. The spine is missing arguably 2 top quality players to consistently challenge for the league imo. If we get one marquee signing and keep fit then I'll be confident, depends on what City do in the window however.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom