• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 2017/18

Raicore

Saying we "need" a new GK doesn't even come close. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say the season will be a complete write-off if we don't sign a good GK.

Spend big to get Oblak or Allison since we're linked to cheapos like Evans and Meyer. Next season. GK. Top priority imho

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
To do list imo (in order of importance):

- New GK

- Need a proper winger: Bailey / Malcom

- I think Xhaka is garbage usually and average at best : Fabinho/Kondogbia

Replacement for Santi/Wilshere : ??

Will cost around £130m without outgoings very do able and with the right manager can be a good team (still far off competing with elite though)

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I still think we are a lot better than we are showing.

If we wan to compete at the top we need strengthening in CM and CB, then a GK.

I'd look at my squad the following way....

NEW, Cech
Bellerin, AMN*
NEW, Koscielny, chambers, Holding, greeky
Monreal, Kolasinac
NEW, Xhaka, jack, Elneny, AMN*
Mikhitarian, Ramsey, Iwobi*
Özil, Lacazette, Aubemeyang, Neilson, NEW, iwobi*

Sell and replace Mustafi
Sell and replace Wellbeck
Marquee signing for CM to partner either Xhaka or Jack as an addition.
Ramsey is our best midfielder...

Longy

Im not saying its difficult in our **** show of a midfield man but he arguably is. He doesnt play in the same role as Özil/Mkhy
Depends how you classify midfielder......

I see Özil, mikhi as midfielders.

Ramsey should be kept far away from CM. even AMN even showed him up in there.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Depends how you classify midfielder......

I see Özil, mikhi as midfielders.

Ramsey should be kept far away from CM. even AMN even showed him up in there.
Ramsey would be perfect as a CM in a 3. I struggle to find any central midfielder in the world that can operate next to Xhaka where you conclude we have a solid midfield pairing. Its difficult enough as it is with how many men we pour forward.. but also because xhaka in some ways can only do one thing. Pass. No athleticism, defensive ability or pace.

Of course a defensive workhorse next to him would help but thats not Wenger's game and I dont think its worth it to play Xhaka with them for our new manager. I'd prefer a proper CDM coming in.

I understand your point about Ramsey he kind of acts like a Frank Lampard.. always arriving in the box etc but he is a hard worker. It is plain arrogance by Wenger to think that him and Xhaka together in midfield with Özil in front is adequate defensively... you'd think we have Messi Suarez etc in front of our midfield and its all good but its not the case, we arent good enough to be playing a 4-1-5 lol

Longy

Ramsey has 2 qualities over most, running and stamina.
What he lacks is positional awareness, speed both head and feet, ball tekkers, shooting.
He is just not a good link player. He slows down our breaks.
Therefore should be kept out of CM. We would benefit hugely having someone like Dembele next to Xhaka or someone else.

Our front 4 or Lacazette, Aubemeyang, Miki and Özil are levels ahead of Ramsey.
Putting him in CM is just playing with squares and circles, something we've done for far too long.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Ramsey has 2 qualities over most, running and stamina.
What he lacks is positional awareness, speed both head and feet, ball tekkers, shooting.
He is just not a good link player. He slows down our breaks.
Therefore should be kept out of CM. We would benefit hugely having someone like Dembele next to Xhaka or someone else.

Our front 4 or Lacazette, Aubemeyang, Miki and Özil are levels ahead of Ramsey.
Putting him in CM is just playing with squares and circles, something we've done for far too long.

Pff Ramsey has tekkers for days.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Ramsey should clearly be played at CM in a midfield 3, in the same role people always talk about Pogba needing to play. If you want to recycle possession then you also play Xhaka as the metronome and you complete it with a DM/defensive b-2-b player who can cover a lot of ground. That's a balanced midfield and then you're left with 4 quality attackers to fill 3 positions up top.

Longy

Pff Ramsey has tekkers for days.

It's the Wenger complex.

Just stuck I need your own Silo.
Please have look around outside, you just might realise what else is out there.

Solid CB pairing.
Fullbacks giving us width
Central midfielders giving us stability and link play
Floating attacking midfielders
Lopsided attack

Where do you place Ramsey ?

Longy

Ramsey should clearly be played at CM in a midfield 3, in the same role people always talk about Pogba needing to play. If you want to recycle possession then you also play Xhaka as the metronome and you complete it with a DM/defensive b-2-b player who can cover a lot of ground. That's a balanced midfield and then you're left with 4 quality attackers to fill 3 positions up top.

We play more with CM 2.

Mikhi and Özil fill the 3rd CM if you want to call it that.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It's the Wenger complex.

Just stuck I need your own Silo.
Please have look around outside, you just might realise what else is out there.

Solid CB pairing.
Fullbacks giving us width
Central midfielders giving us stability and link play
Floating attacking midfielders
Lopsided attack

Where do you place Ramsey ?

Shh it works, don't ruin it for me.

StefanB

- Missing a top goalkeeper

- Missing a good backup to Bellerin (he pretty much didn't get rested at all or rotated)

- Both first choice centrebacks are clowns. They have good individual qualities and haven't been helped by the system/tactics used by the manager, but the individual errors haven't helped their case. Would like to switch them both out (Koscielny & Mustafi)

- Midfield needs more discipline (Ramsey can't play as a attacking midfielder when playing with Xhaka)

- Midfield needs one more quality player (Niles might be the one tho, but would still like to add someone)

- Need a better option for the left wing

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
We're in such a bad spot right now considering we need a new defense, a CM and wingers.
I just don't see us going for 6-7 players unless we sell Cech, Ospina, Mustafi, Kos, Bellerin, don't renew Wilshere's contract and send Iwobi on loan somewhere.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Wenger has created a horribly unbalanced squad with zero wingers, two expensive strikers, no real centre midfielders, and no serious backups for important positions. On top of a new coach we need a complete reboot of the squad.

The only safe players should be: Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan (new signings), Özil (most valuable player) and that‘s it.

The rest I would sell depending on how high the offers are.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
I cannot wait for this squad to be ripped up.

Doubt many are safe.
The new coach should go in full Thanos mode on their asses.
RectangularFirsthandAustraliancattledog-max-14mb.gif

tumblr_p5ow2hKkXi1rusk2do4_540.gif

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
The lack of game-changing quality out wide strikes again.

Bellerin's final ball has been woeful most of the season. Monreal at least beats the first man from time to time. No real wide players - don't necessarily want touchline huggers who cross all game but a player who can at least get the ball wide of the area and beat a man 1v1. Nobody on our team does that except Nelson (and he doesn't even do it in the first team currently).

We are in dire need of dribblers and our academy players are not ready to get the nod full time, they need to be eased in. We must sign a winger (or 2). Failing that, we must think about upgrading our full back position from an attacking perspective.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom