• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Squad Analysis 23/24

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Zinchenko- Out
Jesus- Out
Nelson-Out
Vieira- Out
ESR- Out
Partey- Out
Jorginho- Maybe 1 more season
Nketiah-Out
Elnenny-Out
Cedric-Out
Ramsdale- Out

Bring in Isak, an FDJ sort if not FDJ himself and Rodrygo if he's available and then make depth signings.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I gotta be honest, this group of players is both the best team of the Emirates era but also kinda the worst...as they are causing me the most pain.

When we were crap at our peak of our banter era, it was embarrassing...but with embarrassment you can weirdly laugh at it after a while, tbh.

We all know we didn't have a good team 2017-2021, so those 8th place finishes didn't hurt that much as it felt like that's where we should be finishing...hell one of those seasons we still won a cup lol.

But now we have had a good team these past few years, solid and supportive boardroom to the manager and a coach who you can get behind and who's hungry...but when you get close to something great and fail, that hurts way more than never getting near it at all...I have proper trauma these past 3 seasons ffs!

What's worse...never meeting Scarlett Johansson or someone like that, or somehow the fates collide that you do and she somehow wants to sleep with you...but as you are getting into bed you fart, and she changes her mind last second...I know which would haunt me for life more 😅

We still have Europe, but that second half bottling yesterday (plus how all over the place we were first half v Bayern before it) makes me feel more like we are just waiting to be killed at this point...our heads look gone and my confidence is on the floor.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Not going to play football manager listing names on the forum but you can tell our attack declined from last season with Jesus being broken and Martinelli is past his purple patch

Our massive investment in Havertz didn't bring in anything we needed, Jorghinho replaced Xhaka and Havertz looks like a substitute for whoever we bring in next summer. That is an L for me but I'm sure forum experts will tell me how he can play many positions while in reality, he can't play a single one at the required level. Can't say much about Timber but I have a good feeling he is a W long term

The big investments we've done in previous seasons (Partey, Zinchenko, Jesus, Vieira) all look like they are done at this club and most likely will leave for not much. Wouldn't say we will lose money on them as they were all important for getting us back to the CL which is a lot of money.

LCM and a winger who can dribble are a must this summer, everything else is a bonus.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Not going to play football manager listing names on the forum but you can tell our attack declined from last season with Jesus being broken and Martinelli is past his purple patch

Our massive investment in Havertz didn't bring in anything we needed, Jorghinho replaced Xhaka and Havertz looks like a substitute for whoever we bring in next summer. That is an L for me but I'm sure forum experts will tell me how he can play many positions while in reality, he can't play a single one at the required level. Can't say much about Timber but I have a good feeling he is a W long term

The big investments we've done in previous seasons (Partey, Zinchenko, Jesus, Vieira) all look like they are done at this club and most likely will leave for not much. Wouldn't say we will lose money on them as they were all important for getting us back to the CL which is a lot of money.

LCM and a winger who can dribble are a must this summer, everything else is a bonus.
The one thing Havertz brought in which is undeniable is the ability to bypass the press and play the ball long against teams like City and Liverpool. Now if you want to say he shouldn't be the every day 9, I agree 100% but he has absolutely given the team another dimension with ability to win the long ball and lay it off instead of us being pinned in by teams that can press well. The rest, I agree with.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
We're not far from having a team & squad that can be better than our current one. A couple of tweaks here & there.

It's been a long process to get where we are & Teta has probably needed to make compromises along the way to accommodate bigger signings. Ie extending Eddie & Nelson.

The flaws in the side are obvious (to fans at least)

GK - Ramsdale will leave, so we'll need a replacement.

Defence - I think we are well covered at CB & RB

Need a LB - Was Timber meant to be that guy ? He's a RCB who also played RB. Seems a bit weird to play him as a LB. We need an actual LB who can play the way Teta wants (ie not KT).

MF -

Partey - sell even for free. He's a waste of a squad space. We get no value from him, always injured.

Jorg - Useful squad player - extend

Viera - not good enough & not physical enough. Sell

ESR - The evidence is clear. Teta doesn't really consider him a 1st team option. Either use him or sell him. Best to cash in imo.

We need a capable player to deputise Ode.
We need 2 CM to replace TP & Mo. Ideally have one who can play 6 & 8 & one who can play 6. Has Sambi shown enough at Luton to give him another chance next season ???

Forwards

Sell Eddie & Nelson. They don't contribute & don't play.

Buy an actual striker & a new winger who can play on either flank
Use Jesus as a utility forward. Demote Nelli to the bench.

GK, LB, CM x2, Striker, winger. Doubt we will see all those arrive, let's see.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The team look kinda the same of last season but there few of off form players specially in attack despite us having 2nd best attack in league but Martinelli and Jesus performance been huge disappoint. about Havertz Arteta should have kept him play as CF it clear the midfield he not doing it and make us weak in area that very important to us to control games and making Rice doing double job as CF he look different player and he make us better. midfield signing is becoming important next season and should be natural and quality one and winger is very important too because you can't keep overplay Saka. Rice is massive player for us and he settled too quickly but it's obvious he need good player beside him so he have freedom to do his job. the defense is one area i'm not worried about despite making few of errors but Saliba Gabi White will only get better plus we got Timber who we yet to see him.

in summer our main focus should be in attack and buy good LCM also sell the players who below the standards need to be sold guys like Zinny Nelson Eddie and ESR time here is up Partey we have to consider selling too because he not taking football seriously anymore.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
Game changing wingers needed on both flanks
Game changing Striker
Game changing Left 8
An actual bloody left fullback
A back up 6
LCB, I'm tired of Gabozo crapping himself in big games and Kiwior is garbage

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Problem is that last year we had an excellent front three and Partey in form as our dynamo. We wanted to build on that with Rice and Havertz, but unfortunately Partey has been drunk since September, Jesus has been piss poor and had had some injury problems, Martinelli and Saka have some form issues.

Things aren't happening right now. No need to get rid of half our team, but we do need some serious competition. Players like Nketiah, Nelson and ESR are no threat to the starting lineup players and they know it. They're just glad to be here, like Elneny.

We need some players to get to that final level, where you can bring someone like Williams if Saka isn't playing well.

Bloodbather

Established Member

The loss against Bayern did nothing but reaffirm what I thought we were missing. It didn't really add anything new. I think it did convince me that we should spend big not only on the new CM but also the winger, though.

We need a world class or near world class ball progressing CM who is also solid defensively to pair him up with Rice and Ødegaard. Frenkie de Jong, Lucas Paquetá, Bruno Guimaraes, that sort of player.

We need a world class or near world class wing forward who can become a serious gamechanger and serious competition for Saka and Martinelli. I was thinking Nico Williams or Take Kubo, but maybe it should be more like a Rafael Leao or Kvitcha Kvaratskhelia.

These are the biggest needs. We'll probably also need a backup CB and a backup DM. Think Timber will add to our defensive depth massively when he comes back.

And obviously get rid of players like Nketiah who don't belong.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We need to look at that left hand side of ours. It's fairly clear that we're rather dependent on our right side with Ødegaard and Saka.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

The loss against Bayern did nothing but reaffirm what I thought we were missing. It didn't really add anything new. I think it did convince me that we should spend big not only on the new CM but also the winger, though.

We need a world class or near world class ball progressing CM who is also solid defensively to pair him up with Rice and Ødegaard. Frenkie de Jong, Lucas Paquetá, Bruno Guimaraes, that sort of player.

We need a world class or near world class wing forward who can become a serious gamechanger and serious competition for Saka and Martinelli. I was thinking Nico Williams or Take Kubo, but maybe it should be more like a Rafael Leao or Kvitcha Kvaratskhelia.

These are the biggest needs. We'll probably also need a backup CB and a backup DM. Think Timber will add to our defensive depth massively when he comes back.

And obviously get rid of players like Nketiah who don't belong.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

I was salivating at the prospect of a RIce - Partey double pivot just mauling everyone they played. A shame we never really got to see it.

I don't know where we are at now currently really.

Our whole left side is a mess, we don't have a real CF, Saka plays every minute and then breaks down.

Where to start?

We definitely need to ship some dross and try and bed in a few of the new youth too.

Last edited:

TheDrunkenMaster

How are all these game changing players supposed to come in? The club shouldn’t give arteta another 200-300 million to waste. We’ll never recover from this mess

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

As much as I have had a change of opinion on Havertz, I still think the transfer wasn't the right one overall either. Xhaka did so much for us.

Rattata

The system just doesn't work unless our attacking players are on great form. The whole left side is dead and made us predictable.

Selling Xhaka was a move the nice Arsenal from 2007 to 2020 would've made and not this Arsenal yet we did and it cost us big time. As a club we shouldn't give a **** about what Xhaka's wife wants. He signed a contract. She's rich, only 30 years old and has two beautiful kids. Don't tell me she couldn't have stayed for another year in London. 15 million we got for him and replaced him with a player 10x worse that cost 70 million.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
We seem to be somehow worse off than when the season started. Had it not been for the run from January, we would be staring at a fight for 4th with Villa and the ****.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom