• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steve Mandanda

M+D

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=450268&CPID=8&clid=3&lid=&title=Keeper+in+dark+over+Gunners+link" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hli ... nners+link</a>

Arsène Wenger is reported to have kept an eye on the Le Havre number one who first shot to prominence during the French team's Under 21 European Championship campaign.

Rangers and Marseille have also registered an interest in the African-born Mandanda.

Born: 28 March 1985
Club: Le Havre

I don't anything else about him! All I know is that I would definitely prefer to have Akinfeev instead :wink:

jester

Established Member
We'll more than likely buy a keeper this summer, so every goalkeeper from here to mars will be linked with us.

Nutsy

Established Member
Steve Mandanda , Le Havre, French Ligue 2, never seen this guy, He's linked but i dont think he'll be joining us, and especially for no.1 GK, he has no CL experience, but he is French, Le Boss may made him 2nd choice. but i have not seen this guy, so, i would'nt risk to buy him just yet. Let's go for Akinfeev then or Boruc. That i can definitely stay comfortable at. ;)

siddharth

I hope this is just lazy journalism. It's looking more likely that almunia will be given a serious chance to replace lehmann and wenger will sign a young keeper.

Almunia must be given a chance but wenger needs to get a first team quality keeper no matter what.

Jameel46

Established Member
will be 2nd choice if he comes behind Almunia who is sure to get the no.1 spot, Mandanda is a decent keeper and should provide decent cover

Mostarac

Established Member
I would prefer if Wenger gives Almunia the chance to impress next season before considering buying a new goalkeeper. Some people on this forum doubt and do not like Almunia, but he has showed this season that he is progressing and has been solid whenever he has played this season.

Nutsy

Established Member
Mostarac said:
I would prefer if Wenger gives Almunia the chance to impress next season before considering buying a new goalkeeper. Some people on this forum doubt and do not like Almunia, but he has showed this season that he is progressing and has been solid whenever he has played this season.

Actually, i do not favour Almunia before, but slowly he is progressing in the squad so be it in the second string. but he does play slightly more games than our German goalie so far this season, and he has been great. not world class like Mad Jens is, but has greatness written all over it. i may be out of limb here concerning i havent really forgive him on the Barca final, but time has changed and the time of moving is LONG overdue.

back to the topic, i'm not confident on the French GK, as i havent seen him play and inFrench mediocre Ligue 2. so cant see him being no.1 replacing mad Jens OR Almunia.

Jameel46

Established Member
if manadanda is bought then he obviously won't be first choice, he'll be one for the future and will provide cover for Almunia who is likely to get the no.1 spot

USgoonergirl

Established Member
I think we should really look at Rene Adler, the 22 year old German keeper at Bayer Leverkusen. I just watched him play against Schalke today and he was insanely good.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom