• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Steve Sidwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Hotshot

Established Member
Heard he's going to Newcastle.

For a 4th choice midefielder I think Sidwell would be just fine but I don't think the lad would want to come back to Arsenal and be 4th choice.

evoh_1

Established Member
sidwell does have one of the best tackle completion rating in the premiership and can get forward yet as said he wants first team regular football and he aint gonna get that here, think him, parker and emre can make a good top three mids for castle with the duff and milner on the wings.

in fact the fact that newcastle are so far down the table with the players they have is a joke, if i was there i would be expecting big movement up the table next season or sack roeder.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
sid's a 3.0 upgrade version of flamster 1.0 if we look at them from a midfielder's POV but i think flamster's a bit more useful as a utility player.

still, i won't say no if we sign siddie for nothing, as long as he's content to play as a backup for cesc or gilberto at the moment.

wide range of passing, loves to stuck in, useful late runs, has an eye for a goal, 25 years old and FREE.

why not?

the best stays.

the rest can go elsewhere.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
no way in hell will we take him back. the possibility is close to negative

Paddy from Sweden

Found this on another forum and I guess it's from BBC's transfer rumour page.

Chelsea have hijacked Newcastle's bid to sign Reading midfielder Steve Sidwell and believe they have secured their man with an offer of £50,000 per week wages. (The Sun)

siddharth

If mourinho signs sidwell ,i'm pretty sure he will make him even better than he is now and it won't be a pretty sight.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
what for? chelsea have abundance in central midfield. sidwell will go there to lick their boots only. he would be better off staying at reading tbh.

Paddy from Sweden

I think it would be a mistake of Sidwell to go to Chelsea as they have quite a lot of midfielders and he isn't one for the future anymore but a player who should start as many games as possible.

Grampus_Eight

Paddy from Sweden said:
I think it would be a mistake of Sidwell to go to Chelsea as they have quite a lot of midfielders and he isn't one for the future anymore but a player who should start as many games as possible.

The rumor was Chelski fear Lampard may be off to Barca and if so, they want to have Sidwell to take over.

If Lampard is off and Makelele likely leaving, they probably could use another midfielder for the squad to come in and do some of the things that Tiago was able to provide.

sam961gunners

I actually think this could be a good move for us. Ok, most of you will say he's not Arsenal quality and i used to agree. But he could add some much needed passion, he is a real Arsenal man, a boyhood fan. He would not walk straight into the team, but he would work his bollocks off to become a regular. When we play away at places like Bolton, and we're 1-0 down, he can be the one to put his foot in and drive the team forward. When Chelsea lost the title yesterday, you could see how much it hurt Fat Frank and John Terry, they love the club, and we need some players that love Arsenal.

famous no 10

Established Member
According to talk ****e radio he's due a medical at chelski on monday.

I really don't know why they would need him, it's quite obvious they just want to stop anyone else getting him for "nothing".

Good player but certainly not as good as what they already have, won't play many games and will probably go backwards in his development now.

GUNNERS4L1FE

Established Member
Would be a poor move, a wasted talent like Wright Phillips, surely his agent has got to advise his against the idea. He will be behind Lampard, Ballack, Diarra, Obi Won Kenobi in the pecking order and will only make it into the first 16 when some off those go off to the African Nations. I can only assume that his reasons for going are for a big **** off pay rise and maybe International recognition since he will be at a Big Club.

otfgoon

Established Member
GUNNERS4L1FE said:
Would be a poor move, a wasted talent like Wright Phillips, surely his agent has got to advise his against the idea. He will be behind Lampard, Ballack, Diarra, Obi Won Kenobi in the pecking order and will only make it into the first 16 when some off those go off to the African Nations. I can only assume that his reasons for going are for a big f**k off pay rise and maybe International recognition since he will be at a Big Club.

His agent is going to advise him against a 50k a week deal?

Don't think so. Also I think he may as well go, the chances are he wont get another chance at a big club, might as well go for it even if it is a waste of a couple of years.

Strange deal though, very strange infact.

Smartly Dressed Morris

otfgoon said:
GUNNERS4L1FE said:
Would be a poor move, a wasted talent like Wright Phillips, surely his agent has got to advise his against the idea. He will be behind Lampard, Ballack, Diarra, Obi Won Kenobi in the pecking order and will only make it into the first 16 when some off those go off to the African Nations. I can only assume that his reasons for going are for a big f**k off pay rise and maybe International recognition since he will be at a Big Club.

Strange deal though, very strange infact.

Yeah crazy deal , I guess Sidwell could have gone to a lot of premiership clubs on the cheap , just another ham fisted attempt at world domination from the Russian.

RockyRocastle

Established Member
This is one of the things that pisses me off about Wenger. Why did he sign Flamini and let Sidwell go? Flamini is such an average player - why go to all the effort to bring him in when we had a perfectly good central midfielder coming through already? Although im sure Wenger could argue Sidwell couldnt have played left back in the CL aswell as Flamini did.

But it is the same with Bentley, who looks like he is going to become a great player. Couldnt Wenger see that Freddie was past it, and that a young player like Bentley would have offered us so much more?

So frustrating that he has so little faith in our home grown young players who have proved they are good enough.

Sidwell and Bentley or Freddie and Flamini? No contest.

otfgoon

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:
This is one of the things that pisses me off about Wenger. Why did he sign Flamini and let Sidwell go? Flamini is such an average player - why go to all the effort to bring him in when we had a perfectly good central midfielder coming through already? Although im sure Wenger could argue Sidwell couldnt have played left back in the CL aswell as Flamini did.

But it is the same with Bentley, who looks like he is going to become a great player. Couldnt Wenger see that Freddie was past it, and that a young player like Bentley would have offered us so much more?

So frustrating that he has so little faith in our home grown young players who have proved they are good enough.

As David so often likes to remind us, we wanted to keep him, he wanted to go because we could not guarentee him regular first team football.

Same goes for Sid, had Vieira, Edu, Gilberto, Parlour all ahed of him at the time. And Flamini isnt good enough which is why he'll be leaving in the summer. Sidwell isnt good enough, average player. Chelsea signing him and vastly overpaying him isnt going to make me think otherwise.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
RockyRocastle said:

Accually mate Wenger begged Sidwell to stay but he said with his own words that he knew he would not get into our team anytime soon. In the end it was a good choice by him.

Bentley tasted first team football and never turned back. He was one that got a way. Rate him highly. Wenger wanted to keep him.

Its really about them not believeing in their own ability then Wenger not believeing in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom