• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayne189

Talking about wide men and a need for one I like the look of Ante Rebic of Croatia he has speed can take a man on but is also big and powerful and gets back to help defensively and a high work rate

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Talking about wide men and a need for one I like the look of Ante Rebic of Croatia he has speed can take a man on but is also big and powerful and gets back to help defensively and a high work rate

I'm a bit wary if he's got the top level in him, but he'll yeah he's looked absolutely on fire the whole last season. Put two beyond Bayern, that alone would be reason enough to sign him. Looks technically sound, physical, devious, hungry, cannon ball of a shot and unbelievable speed and acceleration. Sort of Heung Min Son like and I'd have loved to have the Korean at Arsenal.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No club mentioned & the guy is ex Sp**s but I could see him being the missing piece to the Emery midfield group.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
No club mentioned & the guy is ex Sp**s but I could see him being the missing piece to the Emery midfield group.

When he initially signed there was a lot of talk about it being dodgy and a way to move money, him leaving only a year after would add more fuel to that fire.

Very strange signing, personally dont fancy him at Arsenal, he was beyond awful at Tottenham, got a few mates who say he is one of their worst signings ever.

Song Billong

When he initially signed there was a lot of talk about it being dodgy and a way to move money, him leaving only a year after would add more fuel to that fire.

Very strange signing, personally dont fancy him at Arsenal, he was beyond awful at Tottenham, got a few mates who say he is one of their worst signings ever.

Yeah it seems really fishy to me. I mean why go to China in the first place, and since when does Barcelona sign players from the Chinese league? And now he's bouncing so soon? I smell a rat, or a fish... Or something.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Yeah it seems really fishy to me. I mean why go to China in the first place, and since when does Barcelona sign players from the Chinese league? And now he's bouncing so soon? I smell a rat, or a fish... Or something.

Signed for Guangzhou for €14mil, then Barca come sign him for €40mil..? He aged and I also imagine he didnt up his game by €26mil in China, if he does leave will be interesting to see how much for and where he ends up?

Wryer

I like how the window has been going - fixing the central spine of the team.

And I hope we are also working on opportunistic signings that gets the fans buzzing, ala Arshavin/Özil. No, it's not about signing players for the sake of it. But I do believe in sports entertainment, you do what you can to generate fan base and create excitement. That positivity is going to carry the team a fair bit.

Stannis

I actually reckon Andre Gomes can come good but 40 mill is an insane price for him

Wouldn’t pay more than 15

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If true seems like we might be starting to look for potential Ramsey replacements.

Phil Romeo

Arsenal are interested in Barcelona midfielder Andre Gomes, contact has been made between the two clubs however Barça are asking for €40 million.

[DiMarzio]

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He's in the same mould as Banega though?

Yeah and he’d be played ahead of Torreira and Xhaka in a midfield 3 just like Banega would. “Ramsey replacement” doesn’t have to mean someone who makes late runs into the box and scores goals. You’re going to struggle to get someone with similar qualities.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Yeah and he’d be played ahead of Torreira and Xhaka in a midfield 3 just like Banega would. “Ramsey replacement” doesn’t have to mean someone who makes late runs into the box and scores goals. You’re going to struggle to get someone with similar qualities.

We need another midfielder anyway, Ramsey isn't leaving.

He was class, we could reinvigorate his career easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Football is a bit like elections. Before it's unpredictable. After it's unexplainable... But there's an opportunity for us to make it unforgettable.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom