• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Sven's Transfer Targets: Summer 2018

If we were to spend big money on one player, what position would you prefer that to be for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
And how do you know, which players make Emery's list ?

If he's planning on keeping Lucas Perez its a key indication he's willing to work with nearly everyone in the squad bar the absolute outsiders like Akpom etc.

And as a new manager you're going to want to work with what you currently have before binning them off, would be dumb to just get rid of someone like Mustafi for example before giving him a season under Emery and a new system.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Emiliano is the name he goes by.

5c915b0b57c51c3db5131f7bd4f336f6.png

Tell Arsenal.com that

Preacher

Always Crying
If he's planning on keeping Lucas Perez its a key indication he's willing to work with nearly everyone in the squad bar the absolute outsiders like Akpom etc.

And as a new manager you're going to want to work with what you currently have before binning them off, would be dumb to just get rid of someone like Mustafi for example before giving him a season under Emery and a new system.
You're guessing and making assumptions too much.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Tell him.

Our players have called him Emi for as long as I can remember & I follow him on twitter.

His name is Damien.

You're guessing and making assumptions too much.

So are people who expect Mustafi, Elneny, Perez and Welbeck to be sold? In fact I'm probably thinking more logically, why would he get rid of those 4 in particular? He'll wait until at least January to make a decision on who he really doesn't want and who isn't improving.

Its simple logic.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
I'd like to see a bit of a fire sale now. Way too many players on the books stealing a living.

Ospina - £6M
Damien Martinez - Another loan?
Jenkinson - £2M
Reine Adelaide - loan
Joel Campbell - £5M
Akpom - £3M
Monreal - £5M

Sign a young left back and maybe an opportunistic deal for a talented attacker. Job done.

Agree with the majority of the list, it is quite disappointing to see how low our sellable players would achieve though, looking at what, £21mil total for all 5 on that list? :lol:

Preacher

Always Crying
So are people who expect Mustafi, Elneny, Perez and Welbeck to be sold? In fact I'm probably thinking more logically, why would he get rid of those 4 in particular? He'll wait until at least January to make a decision on who he really doesn't want and who isn't improving.

Its simple logic.
Nobody expects that they all will be sold in one go. Maybe 1 or 2, if we will have opportunity to replace them with better players.

For example Welbeck's contract ends next year. So we'll sell him or extend his contract this summer. Same situation as with Ramsey.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Nobody expects that they all will be sold in one go. Maybe 1 or 2, if we will have opportunity to replace them with better players.

For example Welbeck's contract ends next year. So we'll sell him or extend his contract this summer. Same situation as with Ramsey.

Welbeck is completely expendable anyway now we have Perez back. I think Ramsey will sign regardless.

Wryer

To varying degrees, I like how our 4 signings come at a price and reputation where you are not pressured to play them as starters right away.

On the balance of things, all the direct match up are fairly marginal and this creates very healthy competition. In return, we would potentially get 8-10 strong and motivated players who are ready to fight or give another 10% effort.

Liech - Bellerin
Leno - Cech
Papa - Mustafi (ignoring the fact Kos is out)
Torreira - Xhaka/Ramsey

Intended strategy? Who knows.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'd like to see a bit of a fire sale now. Way too many players on the books stealing a living.

Ospina - £6M
Damien Martinez - Another loan?
Jenkinson - £2M
Reine Adelaide - loan
Joel Campbell - £5M
Akpom - £3M
Monreal - £5M

Sign a young left back and maybe an opportunistic deal for a talented attacker. Job done.

Yup + El Neny and Welbeck

Maybe loan Holding to? If there is any u21 CB that can step up

Sign young LB, DM, LM and striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The biggest things in life have been achieved by people who, at the start, we would have judged crazy. And yet if they had not had these crazy ideas the world would have been more stupid.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom