• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
McNicholas likes to push this narrative as well. I remember when we let Auba go and didn't bring anyone in forcing a knackered Lacazette.

He was like "which manager wouldn't want players? Except Arsène Wenger". Even though the Auba/Vlahovic dynamic was the perfect example of why you might not end up with somebody after a window as many managers abstain when they don't get first choice.
Erm this is the writing of actual journalists who have links to the club rather than the a narrative pushed by one eyed forum boy Traxy & you as his wingman.
You do realise that just coz you don't agree with it doesn't make it untrue🤔.
I love Arsène just my head is not rammed firmly so far up his backside that I am blind like certain posters🤣.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Erm this is the writing of actual journalists who have links to the club rather than the a narrative pushed by one eyed forum boy Traxy & you as his wingman.
You do realise that just coz you don't agree with it doesn't make it untrue🤔.
I love Arsène just my head is not rammed firmly so far up his backside that I am blind like certain posters🤣.

So Wenger’s on version of things doesn’t count?

Did he imagine those dinners with Mbappe and Ødegaard? Did he not bid a madness for Lemar? I didn’t pull those out of thin air either.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You do realise that just coz you don't agree with it doesn't make it untrue
This is pure access journalism. Gunnerblog will put out the club’s narrative in exchange for exclusives like yesterday’s transfer news dump.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

It
I think this is more like it.
I remember missing out on Xabi Alonso because Liverpool wanted 18m & we were only prepared to go to 15m. What im saying is that in a rapidly changing market Arsène/Arsenal may have under valued certain players unfortunately. I also remember we wanted Modric but the price was deemed to high & so he ended up at Sp**s.
If that is your impression then fair enough. I have heard that view a number of times.

My point is less about who was right or wrong to value different players differently. More-so that the ideas that Wenger just refused to spend money at his disposal even if he thought it’d otherwise improve the team and represented good value, or that suddenly and inexplicably there was no money to spend seem far less likely (and less thought out) than the idea that there was a limited amount of resources and it was determined based on the market that they’d be better utilized the following season.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
I'd rather believe the dignity and integrity of Arsène Wenger than rely on some paid shills from Athletic who used to mock him and are now lapping up every piece of PR efforts (even if they mean attacking the legacy of Arsène).

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

I'd rather believe the dignity and integrity of Arsène Wenger than rely on some paid shills from Athletic who used to mock him and are now lapping up every piece of PR efforts (even if they mean attacking the legacy of Arsène).
I know it’s been repeated so many times, though I feel like it only becomes clearer how true it is. So much of our current successes are directly linked to all the work Wenger put in, even when he was dealt with an absurd amount of disadvantages. We wouldn’t be where we are without him.

Even his harshest critics should be able to see that.

Last edited:

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
So Wenger’s on version of things doesn’t count?

Did he imagine those dinners with Mbappe and Ødegaard? Did he not bid a madness for Lemar? I didn’t pull those out of thin air either.
Nah of course Arsenes version counts but there is probably a more rounded picture of events. Perhaps I'm being a bit harsh on him tbf & it's more a character thing. I think after Dein left there was a massive vacuum & the other people at the club were not up to the job & didn't have the skills that Dein had to get deals done.
Too much probably fell on Arsenes shoulders. But where Dein might have gone over Arsenes valuation for someone who was seen as an important player, others wouldn't be so proactive.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Regardless of how it happened. Most of the people pushing that narrative that Arsène refused to spend the money he was given, would be telling a different story if luck had been kinder. The injury to Cazorla, our best player, early on, who hitherto had been pretty injury free, and that ultimately finished his career, was a big blow. Even Özil, another normally injury free player was out for weeks, Coquelin for months, and the usual suspects who might have had a better year, all had bodies that let him down yet again, Walcott, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ox, and Welbeck.
A-M was full of, ‘injuries aren‘t an excuse ffs’ but I’d bet my house that if Arteta was hit with an injury to Rice/Saliba/Saka, injuries would be an excuse. :lol:
Injury crisis is an okay excuse, like for example for Ten Hag and Pochettino this season. This is why they haven't been sacked. Or De Zerbi, Frank etc.

It's not a good excuse though when your squad planning depends on praying for known injury-prone players like Ramsey, Wilshere, Ox, Walcott and Welbeck to stay fit.

I prayed for years that Arsenal would finally get non-injury prone midfielders to get solid foundation without surprises. It looks like it's finally happening now with Rice, Ødegaard and Havertz as a starting point.

Arteta very likely won't make the same mistake as Arsène, especially as he has more money to use. But this was one of Arsène's biggest mistakes, not getting rid of some of those players soon enough, but trusting them over and over expecting them to play a lot.

Arsenal's midfield and defence still has injury-prone players and it has hurt Arsenal this season. I think the next step is to replace Partey and upgrade Kiwior as the funds have not allowed it yet. Extend Tomiyasu, keep him with low minutes rotation, and sell him later if he can't stay fit. Or when other clubs are mislead by him staying fit with low minutes, and pay good money.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I thought this was pretty interesting. One man is now the executive of KSE's teams. Most of what I'm reading are US based sources which are not mentioning Arsenal for some reason. Will this guy oversea Arsenal or will that still be Josh's pet project?

Notice how Adam Schefter wrote that he's thought to be the first executive to run 4 professional sports teams? Now even though Adam Schefter is an idiot, you would imagine that if this included Arsenal, it would read "at least 4 professional sports teams" or 5 professional sports teams. I'm pretty sure Josh is still the guy at the head of the table at Arsenal.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Latest posts

Top Bottom