• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

$tan Kroenke Becomes Soul Owner

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
We are now officially a business. A business like any other with a company football team in a "competitive" business footy league.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Who really care about if they hunt animals or where in jail?

I like this: if Kronke hunts animals, spent time in jail and was openly a sp*rs supporter BUT he delivered 3 titles in a row under his tenure....what would people say then.

Sheeeeeeet......then he could hunt humans for all I care ;)

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
A bunch of freaky *****footed cityslickers who lista Kroenkes hunting as a negative!

It is a redeeming quality!

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don’t really know what the fuss is about. He was mostly the owner, soon he’ll be fully the owner. Can’t see much changing really. We’re stuck with him anyway.

We might sell a couple of players now and it’ll probably work out that those reports were correct all along . . a 2018/19 £50m warchest.

So we’ll probably continue spending 5th in the league under Kroenke, so it’s up to Emery to do a Poch and perform above his spend . . . like Wenger did from 2004 to 2016.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
The only positive I can actually think of is that now it'll fully make sense for him to back the team for a change, whereas before he may have conflicted feeling since by increasing the club value he would also be increasing the worth of Usmanov's shares.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The only positive I can actually think of is that now it'll fully make sense for him to back the team for a change, whereas before he may have conflicted feeling since by increasing the club value he would also be increasing the worth of Usmanov's shares.
True. We have to hope that maybe he was holding back a bit so as not to encourage Usmanov to dig in more. Of course we won't spend like City or United but if a Dembele or a De Ligt or someone of that ilk becomes available hopefully he will be willing to inject funds if needed.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
not bothered at all. might be a good move, might be a bad one. As soon as Wenger left we became what everyone already was; pure business.
I was ready for it, so no fuss here.

Token Yank

We bid £90m on Mbappe and spent £90m on Mustafi, Perez, and Xhaka. I think he is willing to spend money but it has to make sense. We are never going to spend like PSG, United, City, and many of our fans are ‘disgusted’ by their spending anyway. I am of the opinion that he/the board didn’t trust Wenger’s regime anymore when it came to player recruitment.

Also, I don’t buy the assumption that he ‘doesn’t care’. Usually billionaires are driven by pure ego and get involved in these sorts of enterprises as a challenging game to win. Surely you won’t invest billions of dollars in an enterprise to let the brand go to ****. Worst case, if he is only driven by money, then surely getting into the CL and advancing far would be incentive enough to invest in the team. In sports a teams brand is only protected by winning and winning with style. He has already oversaw us dumping Wenger and revamping the whole way our club functions. Let’s forget Kroenke for one year and give Emery full backing and a drama free first season. Last thing Emery needs in his first season is a toxic atmosphere due to petulant fans.

Jae

He's made more money than he could ever hope to spend. It's got to be about the prestige of owning a top club.

AL the gooner

Questionable film taste
We've been a business for years, it didnt just happen now, fans have had no say from the minute our previous owners got greedy and sold out to Stan. Weve not challenged for the title since but we keep making money, so everyone is happy, apart from the fans.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

We bid £90m on Mbappe and spent £90m on Mustafi, Perez, and Xhaka. I think he is willing to spend money but it has to make sense. We are never going to spend like PSG, United, City, and many of our fans are ‘disgusted’ by their spending anyway. I am of the opinion that he/the board didn’t trust Wenger’s regime anymore when it came to player recruitment.

Also, I don’t buy the assumption that he ‘doesn’t care’. Usually billionaires are driven by pure ego and get involved in these sorts of enterprises as a challenging game to win. Surely you won’t invest billions of dollars in an enterprise to let the brand go to ****. Worst case, if he is only driven by money, then surely getting into the CL and advancing far would be incentive enough to invest in the team. In sports a teams brand is only protected by winning and winning with style. He has already oversaw us dumping Wenger and revamping the whole way our club functions. Let’s forget Kroenke for one year and give Emery full backing and a drama free first season. Last thing Emery needs in his first season is a toxic atmosphere due to petulant fans.

Who knows it might turn out allright especially if Josh takes over as CEO
Not his money that we bought players with, it was Arsenal's and generated by Arsenal. I disagree he didn't trust Wengers regime anymore since he was a big fan .
I think he does care but he has a few businesses to look after , it looks like it will be a few years before they fully focus on Arsenal considering they have that big project in LA .

Stadium fans may be petulant but they are invested in the club , some are shareholders so it really is tangible that it did feel like their Club. Think we were the last PLC in the league . I don't blame honestly because I can't help the feeling it's less my club now as well .

Tony's nose

I only hope now he has full control he KSE has a similar dream to what he's doing in LA.
Hope he has an ideology of pushing Arsenal to another level .

I do think that is more hope

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Don’t really know what the fuss is about. He was mostly the owner, soon he’ll be fully the owner. Can’t see much changing really. We’re stuck with him anyway.

We might sell a couple of players now and it’ll probably work out that those reports were correct all along . . a 2018/19 £50m warchest.

So we’ll probably continue spending 5th in the league under Kroenke, so it’s up to Emery to do a Poch and perform above his spend . . . like Wenger did from 2004 to 2016.
Gotsta get that bit in there lest the Poch fanboys come calling ;)
I think this is why we got Emery. Kroenke knows this he needs a man who can over achieve to get him out of the spotlight...

We'll see but I'm starting to see some of your points more clearly now.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I've said it so many times. The cash mountain was never to buy players it was to give Kroenke leverage when he takes a huge loan. So much for people saying we have £200m to spend. Anyway, if he is of a sound mentality, he will want his company to succeed, and so to will Josh.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
It strikes me from this thread that I finally understand why apparently some slaves thought slavery was a good thing.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, June 4

Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow could be acquired for little over €10m [The Athletic]

Other clubs believe Arsenal are in position to sign Benjamin Šeško [The Athletic]

Arsenal are not expected to pursue their interest in Bruno Guimaraes due to his £100m asking price [The Athletic]

Martin Zubimendi and Joao Neves are under consideration as potential signings in midfield [The Athletic]

Arsenal want £30m to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with several Premier League clubs interested [TBR Football]

Arsenal & AC Milan have approached & probed the environment of Girona winger Viktor Tsygankov (26), who has a €30m release clause [Diarioas]

Latest posts

Top Bottom