• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Increasing Amount of Games

BenTal

Player:Zinchenko
I think this deserves a separate topic by its own. There must be a change in the way UEFA and FIFA operate. They put so much pressure on the poor players. Imagine you can loose your entire career because of an injury, and these idiots fill your schedule with nonsense like UEFA Nations League. Here is some comments from Pep, Busquets, and Tchouaméni:

Pep Guardiola: "There is only one solution: that ALL players decide to say stop! Then they will be forced to change something. FIFA and UEFA will have to react.

When there is a break, there must be a proper break. I always use the NBA as an example. They play 80 games in a few months, but after that they have 3 or 4 months off, and you can regenerate.

If players want to change something about football, only they can do it. Look at Spain with the women's team, the players decided to change something and they changed it. Without Pep, football will continue, but without the players, the show cannot go on. It’s up to them.”

Sergio Busquets: "Less and less attention is paid to the player. There will be a moment when the player explodes. I think it's very difficult. You have to sit down and evaluate him. You have to seeing from multiple points of view, not just always wanting more.”

Aurélien Tchouaméni: "Obviously we play too many matches, the injuries are a surprise to no-one. It's recurring. It's up to the authorities to do something. And if not the case, it will be up to us, the player, to bang our fist on the table. Otherwise it will get worse. We have to do something. It's a problem."

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I think this deserves a separate topic by its own. There must be a change in the way UEFA and FIFA operate. They put so much pressure on the poor players. Imagine you can loose your entire career because of an injury, and these idiots fill your schedule with nonsense like UEFA Nations League. Here is some comments from Pep, Busquets, and Tchouaméni:

Pep Guardiola: "There is only one solution: that ALL players decide to say stop! Then they will be forced to change something. FIFA and UEFA will have to react.

When there is a break, there must be a proper break. I always use the NBA as an example. They play 80 games in a few months, but after that they have 3 or 4 months off, and you can regenerate.

If players want to change something about football, only they can do it. Look at Spain with the women's team, the players decided to change something and they changed it. Without Pep, football will continue, but without the players, the show cannot go on. It’s up to them.”

Sergio Busquets: "Less and less attention is paid to the player. There will be a moment when the player explodes. I think it's very difficult. You have to sit down and evaluate him. You have to seeing from multiple points of view, not just always wanting more.”

Aurélien Tchouaméni: "Obviously we play too many matches, the injuries are a surprise to no-one. It's recurring. It's up to the authorities to do something. And if not the case, it will be up to us, the player, to bang our fist on the table. Otherwise it will get worse. We have to do something. It's a problem."
This is like every other relationship between labor and capital. I agree with your position because I support labor but a lot of very dumb people will side with the billionaires exploiting these players because the players are millionaires. That's what always happens in these instances. Somehow the millionaire labor is presented as greedy but not their billionaire employers who actually affect policy that reaches all ordinary people.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Players have to learn to play at lower pace and look after their bodies. If I was pro player no way would I run like madman in 70 games

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
World Cup was only a year ago, and we'll have the Euros next summer, madness. Saka will get like 4 weeks of rest in 2 years

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
World Cup was only a year ago, and we'll have the Euros next summer, madness. Saka will get like 4 weeks of rest in 2 years
New Club World Cup starts in the summer 2025 as well. 32 teams now.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Greed and corruption are killing the sport.

Infantino is as bad as Blatter.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Players have to learn to play at lower pace and look after their bodies. If I was pro player no way would I run like madman in 70 games

Or they reduce the amount of games. We know that there are so many games purely for financial reasons.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Clubs have bigger squad now but don't use them. There's probably a tad too many games, but it's not massively more. If you were in the old UEFA Cup you'd still have had to play a lot of games. Swear there was two group stages one year in the CL and these were much smaller squads with fewer subs allowed. Now you've got these massive squads, massive money pumped into youth development, squad players more expensive than ever and 5 subs.

When big clubs start using their squads properly and it's still a massive issue then I'll listen. But you've got City refusing to ever rest Rodri when they've got big money signing Philips just sitting there all the time.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Clubs have bigger squad now but don't use them. There's probably a tad too many games, but it's not massively more. If you were in the old UEFA Cup you'd still have had to play a lot of games. Swear there was two group stages one year in the CL and these were much smaller squads with fewer subs allowed. Now you've got these massive squads, massive money pumped into youth development, squad players more expensive than ever and 5 subs.

When big clubs start using their squads properly and it's still a massive issue then I'll listen. But you've got City refusing to ever rest Rodri when they've got big money signing Philips just sitting there all the time.

The fvcking club world cup will soon have 32 (!) teams. Dont tell me this is natural. Yes, clubs can rotate more but there is too many games. Go back to 2006 and compare.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The fvcking club world cup will soon have 32 (!) teams. Dont tell me this is natural. Yes, clubs can rotate more but there is too many games. Go back to 2006 and compare.

They had much smaller squads in 2006, but yeah the club world cup might be a tad excessive. Expect to see domestic cups take more of a backseat when that happens.

Also Arsenal played 59 games in 05/06 and they played 51 games last season with a far bigger squad.....

Entropics

Established Member

Player:Saka
If they want to justify being grossly overpaid then they should put in the work

More games are needed, I want games 24/7

balthazar

more games should mean bigger squads = more pro football players. But some managers don't know how to rotate effectively.

GunnerGary3

Catch 2/, they get paid crazy amounts but it’s also physically impossible for them to do 70 a season. Muscle tears and injuries would increase significantly.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

more games should mean bigger squads = more pro football players. But some managers don't know how to rotate effectively.
Bigger squad are not gonna help because players are not on the same level. Best players will still play when fit. You think Arteta would rest Saliba or saka for league games? All it means is you will have bunch of players who hardly play

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
giphy.gif

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Unless players unionize there won't be any change.

It would be funny to see how public opinion would view a footballers union.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom