• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The New Champions League Home Grown players rule...

qs

Established Member
What are the ins and outs of it? Its occurred to me that Wenger may have been looking at this rule when deiciding on which way to take the club in the future. We sign very young players, usually under 20 and I was thinking this could be a long term strategy towards European success. Im not sure of the ins and outs of this rule but wouldnt it completely screw up Chelsea who have very few players who've come through the ranks at SB?

mungooner

i hope it would **** them up. As far as i can tell terry is the only player they made for themselves, and their reserves are a pile of ****.

patrick42uk

Established Member
chelsea are currentlly under-taking a very aggresive policy of poaching the best english youngsters in the lower leagues. i think they are planning ahead for that cl rule.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
This rule would be good for us cause we have alot of home grwpn players.

Fabregas
Lupoli
Bendtner
Walcott
Cole
Hoyte
Bentley
Gilbert

and more

Kenji

Isn't this new rule asking you to bring home grown players AND players from the academy of the club ?

in Football Manager 2006 it's like that I think :p

Canadian Gooner

mrsvanpersie said:
By "Home Grown," do you not mean English players?
If so, the list above needs a few names removed from it.

I believe it includes players that are part of your country association (england in the case of Arsenal) as well as players who have been in at the club since at least the age of i think 15 or 16, for at least 3 years. So Cesc and Lupoli would count.

I think that is how it works, I could be off on a few minor details like age, but I'm pretty sure its a minimum of 3 years.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
Nope your all wrong

They dont have to be english.

Anyone who was at out club from 16 is considered home grown.

"UEFA define a club-trained player as one who has been registered for a minimum of three seasons with the club between the age of 15 and 21.

The nationality of the players will not matter in order to avoid any Bosman-style challenge in the European courts.

Arsenal's Spanish teenager Cesc Fabregas would therefore be regarded as home-grown once he had been at Highbury for three years."

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom