• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The new offside rule

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Look at this example of a low block employed by Conte at Sp**s. The City forwards have to be behind the Sp**s back line so if the ball comes in from wide, high or low, they’ve always got further to run than the defender. With the new rule they could push up a yard. Being faster normally, this could have a big impact over a season.
B78-F315-F-9-DA3-4402-8-F92-366351-F4-D67-C.jpg
Yeah I’ll be honest most of my hatred for this is being driven by the fact that city have the best 9 in world football to take advantage of this and we don’t even have a no9 really.

Osimhen is a must now

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Yeah I’ll be honest most of my hatred for this is being driven by the fact that city have the best 9 in world football to take advantage of this and we don’t even have a no9 really.

Osimhen is a must now
We have Balogun.

Anyway, I think taking an American approach would make more sense here. Offside should be based on the feet or whatever body part contacts the pitch at the time of the investigation should be the basis of the rule (your butt or your elbow if you've fallen over). It would make more sense. Players can lean over the so called line so to speak and that advantage won't be as significant as body parts being in line with a defender. Wenger's idea is similar to this but I think his rule can be abused much more creating even more of a competitive disadvantage in favor of attackers.

However, my approach is based on US sports where the ball can cross over boundary lines in the air and still be in play provided the player has his feet still in bounds or had their feet set in bounds before jumping which is a completely different ruleset for soccer hence the importance of where your feet are set before maintaining or taking possession of the ball. Although, changing this ideal/rule wouldn't affect much for soccer, imo. If you can save possession with your leg stretched out of play to bring a ball back in or run and jump from in play to out of play to head a ball back in which would keep play alive would be low use cases that wouldn't affect the game much. It could get hairy on corner kicks but I don't think players would be able to time those enough times competently to be effective strats.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Not sure I like it honestly. It of favours defensive teams that don't have space behind them. All counter-attacking teams will be very dangerous.

Imagine prime Adebayor playing in his prime here, woulda been born onside ffs.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
Another rule that I would like to introduce is for the ball out of play, I.e. replace throw-ins with a ball kick.

But the idea is that it depends on where the ball got out of the line:

- when the ball is yours on your own half, you may kick it forward, but never inside the oppo box.

- when the ball is yours but on oppo half, you cannot kick it into the oppo box and you need to kick it in opposite direction of your attack. I.e. if we are attacking the north side of pitch, then our side kick on on the oppo box should be made in direction of our players who are deeper than where we're taking the sidekick from.

Ljonin

Silly imo. Conte should have kept his cool a bit longer. Would walk the league with this in place

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I like this change because it means next season when Mbappe joins, he will immediately break Haaland's record.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
This change is going to be tough to implement. Basically because the linesman won't be able to judge offsides now. How are you going to judge it from the eye?

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
This is gonna favour fast forwards like Haaland and will really mess with our high line.

Is it all agreed etc?

Our high line isn't an "offside trap" per se, its to compress the play and make it easier for our forward line and midfield to pressure the opponents and win the ball high up.

Besides, the only reason it works so well is that our CBs are already very quick, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Oh_Snap

This change is going to be tough to implement. Basically because the linesman won't be able to judge offsides now. How are you going to judge it from the eye?
can see it being implemented in world cups and euros first as prototype. linesmen will only be there if the tech fails. give it 5-10 more years and linesmen will be a thing of the past for the top leagues as well. thing is this rule is very tech heavy if u want to make it work, so lower leagues will have a disadvantage. can't wrap my head around that wenger didn't think of this or if there is maybe some cheap solution for the rule around the corner. it's not really made for the human eye, the current rule is already difficult af and tech dependant, the vision for the new rule is almost impossible to implement with the human factor in mind.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I like this change because it means next season when Mbappe joins, he will immediately break Haaland's record.

I SO wish prime Titi was playing now...

...triple digits, imho!

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom