• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Professor: Arsène Wenger at Arsenal

The Thread heading says it all!
This is the name of Arsène's Biography writen by Myles Palmer was released on Thursday.
i have to wait until monday to get it, as i pre-ordered, its selling at £9.99 at Waterstones & will no doubt be worth every penny, should be a good & interesting read.

Aussie said:
When you get it can you type it out on here for me :lol: :lol:
pmsl, mmmm now that would take me about :?: lets work it out:
approx 7months, 2 weeks, 6 days & precisely 13 hours & 38 seconds!;)
or i could always type as im reading but i dont think the sites owner would be very happy with me using all that bandwidth! ;)

one word........ skinflint! :woot

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Does this update contain all the updated chapters since 2001? I remember buying the original hardback in Borders, joking to my girlfriend that an updated paperback would probably be out soon, the guy at the counter said "Yeah, it'll be out in a couple of months" But I didn't wanna wait.

gfred

it's rubbish

the original was no "examiniation of the professor" it was just a succession of press conferences which was more about the author increasing his ego than talking to AW

He never had a one to one with AW. and won't have had for the new one. Doesn't even go to press conferences now I think.

It was very very poor. How can you examine AW and give jsut a chapter to pre-Arsenal days and not mention Boro Primorac, the man who might understand's AW's genius.

I don't think AW will write book until he retires. If then. But it will be superb if he does do it. The man is immense

Alexone234

Is the whole thing written in short paragraphs with off the cuff "insider information" which is later contradicted. thats how Miles Palmer usually writes.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

He probably dedicated 36 chapters to his daughter, her opposition to the Iraq war, and how badly they treat him every time he goes on Radio 5 Live.

He does seem to have some insight; I remember a particulaly funny article about a lift he cadged a lift off Vieira in the early days and how all Vieira talked about was how lazy Alelka was in training.

He's still a knob, though.

Henry IV

Myles Palmer has got a degree so he must know what he's talking about. :roll:

If you are a Myles-sceptic you should by "Arsenal, Arsène Wenger and the Quest for Success." The updated edition is coming out on 26th August.

Alexone234

If you want the same level of insight, read Arsenal89's outrageous claims on Mania followed by the Junior Gunners section of the program

r_blair2

Just get one of those microphone things that when you speak it automatically types the word in a document. That way you could just read the full book out loud :D

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom