• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Top 10 PL Strikers

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Let's not forget Drogba in his early seasons and even some of his latter ones was also used as a foil so the likes of Lampard, Robben, Duff, Gudjohnsen, etc could flourish a bit more.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
1. Henry
2. Shearer
3. Aguero
4. Rooney
5. Cole
6. Kane
7. Wright
8. Van Persie
9. Suarez
10. Vardy

Very hard to narrow it down but I've avoided the number 10 and winger types. Guys like Fowler, Owen, Drogba, Hasselbaink and Yorke would have massive shouts to get in a top 10 as well.

TheDrunkenMaster

These are always difficult because you have to consider overall impact in terms of duration spent playing in the PL and also which players are actually strikers; weren't Bergkamp and Cantona more 10s?

1.) Henry
2.) Rooney
3.) Shearer
4.) Aguero
5.) Kane
6.) Drogba
7.) RVP
8.) Cole
9.) Suarez
10.) RVN

That's not easy. Probably next season you'd add Haaland to the list somewhere. It's all subjective, based on how you class a striker, what trophies they won and their overrall impact. There are too many big strikers that have played here.
I would even say Giroud during that period was underrated for us.
What a stupid list without Cristiano Ronaldo in it

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I like your list but can’t include some of those like berbatov tevez Ferdinand sherringham or haaland (man only has a single season so far) above Drogba. All have had inferior careers to Drogba in the PL

In terms of trophies but not individual peformances.

Ferdinand had 3 x 20 or more goals PL seasons than Drogba 2. That's with spending time at an average team like QPR as well with inferior players in his team compared to Drogba. I'd argue Ferdinand was more a physical presence even at the time in PL when it was a much more physical league.

Haaland may only be here one season but only Henry and Shearer can compare to how good Haaland has been in this single season in terms of goals. Again I would argue, Haaland is a much more complete player.

Sherringham falls under the same bracket as the old school PL number 10 greats (such as Berkamp, Zola and Cantona) and to a lesser extent so does Bebartov. These players creativity, vision and technical ability was sublime.

Tevez was a mixture outstanding workrate and technical ability. Tevez like Drogba had 2 x 20+ goal season but I would say Tevez was the more consistent and well rounded player between him and Drogba.

Drogba other than two season had a lot underwhelming seasons were he underperformed but this overlooked for how well he played in these two seasons.

Not saying Drogba wasn't a very good striker but I do not believe him to be amongst the best in PL history.

Arsenal Quotes

I often relive those 49 undefeated matches. I do believe in signs to a certain extent, and as I was born in 1949, I sometimes tell myself it was our destiny to lose the 50th. Those 49 matches are etched within me and within each player: it is something fundamental, a triumph born out of passion.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom