• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Top 10 PL Strikers

GoonerJay24

Mentioned regularly as one of greatest PL in strikers of all time in media, mentionind in the same sentence as the likes of Henry, Berkamp, Shearer etc like he is a top 5 striker in PL history. In reality, top 5 PL "target men" possibly but wouldn't get into the top 15 or possibly even 20 PL strikers of all time.

Owen is another one, like Drogba, a good striker but mentioned as one of the best PL strikers of all time? Come on!

Drogba could do it all on his day. I'd put him in the top ten PL strikers, definitely. He scored in big games, especially versus us and won everything.

Top classy striker. Arsenal could do with a player like him now.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
I’ll bite in your opinion name 20 strikers better than Drogba in the PL.

I’ll start you off with :
Henry
Wright
Van persie

Let’s see if we can get to 20 before drogba

In no particular order

1. Henry
2. Berkamp
3. RVP
4. Shearer
5. Suarez
6. Aguero
7. Haaland
8. Rooney
9. Kane
10. Wright
11. Cantona
12. Zola
13. Ferdinand
14. Fowler
15. Rush
16. Sherringham
17. Cole
18. Berbatov
19. Tevez
20. Yorke
21. PEA

Mitch

Drogba could do it all on his day. I'd put him in the top ten PL strikers, definitely. He scored in big games, especially versus us and won everything.

Crouch and Andy Carrol also caused us problems. I wouldn't put them in the top 20 strikers in league ever either.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Drogba was a top player, you can't say otherwise.

If you were picking between all three at their peak, then you do pick Henry and Bergkamp (as style wise they match up the best anyway) as your two forwards.

But Cole is more Chelsea than Arsenal now so he needed to pick Drogba to not annoy their fans.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
In no particular order

1. Henry
2. Berkamp
3. RVP
4. Shearer
5. Suarez
6. Aguero
7. Haaland
8. Rooney
9. Kane
10. Wright
11. Cantona
12. Zola
13. Ferdinand
14. Fowler
15. Rush
16. Sherringham
17. Cole
18. Berbatov
19. Tevez
20. Yorke
21. PEA
Where's Ruud boy?

GoonerJay24

In no particular order

1. Henry
2. Berkamp
3. RVP
4. Shearer
5. Suarez
6. Aguero
7. Haaland
8. Rooney
9. Kane
10. Wright
11. Cantona
12. Zola
13. Ferdinand
14. Fowler
15. Rush
16. Sherringham
17. Cole
18. Berbatov
19. Tevez
20. Yorke
21. PEA

These are always difficult because you have to consider overall impact in terms of duration spent playing in the PL and also which players are actually strikers; weren't Bergkamp and Cantona more 10s?

1.) Henry
2.) Rooney
3.) Shearer
4.) Aguero
5.) Kane
6.) Drogba
7.) RVP
8.) Cole
9.) Suarez
10.) RVN

That's not easy. Probably next season you'd add Haaland to the list somewhere. It's all subjective, based on how you class a striker, what trophies they won and their overrall impact. There are too many big strikers that have played here.
I would even say Giroud during that period was underrated for us.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
My Top 10 Premier League Strikers.

1) Henry.
2) Shearer.
3) Kane.
4) Rooney.
5) Salah.
6) Aguero.
7) Wright.
8) Cole.
9) Van Nistelrooy.
10) Fowler.

Kav

Established Member
In no particular order

1. Henry
2. Berkamp
3. RVP
4. Shearer
5. Suarez
6. Aguero
7. Haaland
8. Rooney
9. Kane
10. Wright
11. Cantona
12. Zola
13. Ferdinand
14. Fowler
15. Rush
16. Sherringham
17. Cole
18. Berbatov
19. Tevez
20. Yorke
21. PEA
I like your list but can’t include some of those like berbatov tevez Ferdinand sherringham or haaland (man only has a single season so far) above Drogba. All have had inferior careers to Drogba in the PL

Mitch

These are always difficult because you have to consider overall impact in terms of duration spent playing in the PL and also which players are actually strikers; weren't Bergkamp and Cantona more 10s?

1.) Henry
2.) Rooney
3.) Shearer
4.) Aguero
5.) Kane
6.) Drogba
7.) RVP
8.) Cole
9.) Suarez
10.) RVN

That's not easy. Probably next season you'd add Haaland to the list somewhere. It's all subjective, based on how you class a striker, what trophies they won and their overrall impact. There are too many big strikers that have played here.
I would even say Giroud during that period was underrated for us.

Giroud? I wouldn't have Giroud in top 15 pL targetman. Smith and Hartson were nothing special but both better than the guy that let Özil down.

Like I said, based pure ability, talent and performances with their club Drogba doesn't make top 20 PL strikers (I'd take Zola, Vialli and Hasslebaink over him).

Mitch

I like your list but can’t include some of those like berbatov tevez Ferdinand sherringham or haaland (man only has a single season so far) above Drogba. All have had inferior careers to Drogba in the PL

Trophies? Yes they have less. Talent and ability? No.

It's like saying Lampard and Gerard were better than Le Tissier lol!!!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

1. Henry
2. Rooney
3. Shearer
4. Van Nistelrooy
5. Aguero
6. Bergkamp
7. Kane
8. Drogba
9. Cantona
10. Van Persie

Bit of a tough one. Bergkamp would be higher but if we're judging as strikers you couldn't put him above the 4 I had ahead. Cantona probably a weird one, was he even a striker? Well he was United's main man up top for a good 4/5 years and his influence was undeniable even if he wasn't exactly as prolific as most of the names on the list.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good luck getting any recognition of a top target man here. Just look how Giroud is treated here. The Rodney King of AM.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What your contribution is to your team winning trophies, should also count towards your ranking (as winning is what sport is about)

Also everyone has a personal preference on style and even what counts as a striker (people could view some numbers 10 or wingers as forwards while others won't) so debates will always be there.

PS... except Thierry at number 1, that's undebatable!

GDeep™

League is very weak
1. Henry
2. Rooney
3. Shearer
4. Van Nistelrooy
5. Aguero
6. Bergkamp
7. Kane
8. Drogba
9. Cantona
10. Van Persie

Bit of a tough one. Bergkamp would be higher but if we're judging as strikers you couldn't put him above the 4 I had ahead. Cantona probably a weird one, was he even a striker? Well he was United's main man up top for a good 4/5 years and his influence was undeniable even if he wasn't exactly as prolific as most of the names on the list.
Rooney would most likely be my number 2 aswell. Probably have RvP and Suarez above Drogba though.

Though Drogba despite not being prolific, always contributed with important goals and contributions at key times.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Rooney would most likely be my number 2 aswell. Probably have RvP and Suarez above Drogba though.

Though Drogba despite not being prolific, always contributed with important goals and contributions at key times.

I just think Drogba was too important on balance. 04/05 and 05/06 although not high scoring involved in title wins. 06/07 amazing season. 09/10 one of the best seasons for a striker in PL history. And as you say always a big game player.

Van Persie is down simply based on the fact he that Drogba probably had a bigger impact on Chelsea and their success. United were winning titles before Van Persie even tho he was the main man in 13. Suarez could've easily been in the top 10, based on talent it'd be no question.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom