• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I always say that. They had Tammy and Giroud though, two strikers who wouldn’t even start here.

Their team wasn’t great going into this season and they lost their best player in Hazard.

Giroud would definitely start over Lacazette like he does for France but he can't be first choice too much because he's getting old.

Chelsea have a top 4 level squad regardless of who's manager, I know everyone hates @Makingtrax but what he says about squad cost is facts Chelsea have the 3rd mot expensive squad.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I would agree with this...would it be an unpopular opinion though?

Expecting a lot of people arguing Chelsea 2004/05 of the Invincibles.

No contest though imo. One of the greatest sides I’ve ever seen.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Giroud would definitely start over Lacazette like he does for France but he can't be first choice too much because he's getting old.

Chelsea have a top 4 level squad regardless of who's manager, I know everyone hates @Makingtrax but what he says about squad cost is facts Chelsea have the 3rd mot expensive squad.
That's a bit harsh bro. I've been known to get a few likes just now and again. ;) Taking on the Wenger haters though was never going win any popularity contest.:lol:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
That's a bit harsh bro. I've been known to get a few likes just now and again. ;) Taking on the Wenger haters though was never going win any popularity contest.:lol:

You know I agree with you more times than not especially over squad cost, you but gotta admit you must have the most haters on this forum, even worse than @GDeep™

You must feel like Arsène did in his last few years here, luckily it's just text though and not planes, whole youtube channels and fans in the stadium.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not talking I think X player is / was a bit underrated.

I'm looking for the opinion you have on a player past or present, or the club generally that you think 80%+ of the members here would disagree with.

Also open to whatever prediction you've made that backfired horrifically.

For example - If my prediction was correct Gedion Zelalem would be on the verge of picking up his second Ballon d'Or award instead of bumming around the footballing backwaters the last few years and now being club less.

We've all got some terrible opinions and made some heinous predictions in our time. Let's see who has the best / worst (depending on how you look at it)

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I reckon we can get Champions League with a back 3 of Saliba-Luiz-Tierney next season.

tenor.gif

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Chamakh was better than people thought, he just got frozen out of team due to RVP's form and off the field problems effected him.
I used to think that until his Palace and West Ham run.

His initial stint was fantastic though, his selfless style which contributed to low scoring returns would get a lot of praise today.

Reactions: A_G

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Chamakh was better than people thought, he just got frozen out of team due to RVP's form and off the field problems effected him.

Sorry, I didn't realise there was already a thread for this sort of stuff.

Did it ever get proven that Chamakh was getting blackmailed or was that just an urban legend?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Wenger was hamstrung by the clueless executives around him and if he was properly supported during the Emirates era we would have won trophies before 2014. He never dropped, everything else around him did.

Fans are sycophants when it comes to certain players and making excuses for and trying to justify when they stab the club in the back. "Oh he was right to leave we were crap, I still love him." Utter nonsense. They can do what they like, but if it ****ed over Arsenal I'm not going to walk around singing their praises.

Ramsey has done more for Arsenal than any other midfielder this side of Vieira, fight me if you think otherwise.

Denilson's 2008/09 season was better than anything Xhaka has produced for us. In fact that midfield on a whole performed better in big games against better players than our lot prior to this season have done.

Giroud is almost single handedly held the club back by being **** but simultaneously not **** enough for the entire fanbase to see it. 15 games without a premier league goal.

I'll whisper this one softly, but if we had replaced a few fan favourites much earlier than we did who were brittle, streaky, error prone or a combination of all three, we'd have been far better off. I'm talking about Koscielny, Mertesacker, Coquelin, Cazorla and Monreal. The only reason the latter is praised so much is because Santos was **** and Gibbs form fell through the floor.

Finally, Cazorla is massively overrated and a giant part of why we were so porous in midfield for years. I'll always maintain we had half of a midfield because two players were needed to do 1 job and even then Ramsey had to tuck in to help them out, basically leaving our right wing free.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Wenger was hamstrung by the clueless executives around him and if he was properly supported during the Emirates era we would have won trophies before 2014. He never dropped, everything else around him did.

Fans are sycophants when it comes to certain players and making excuses for and trying to justify when they stab the club in the back. "Oh he was right to leave we were crap, I still love him." Utter nonsense. They can do what they like, but if it ****ed over Arsenal I'm not going to walk around singing their praises.

Ramsey has done more for Arsenal than any other midfielder this side of Vieira, fight me if you think otherwise.

Denilson's 2008/09 season was better than anything Xhaka has produced for us. In fact that midfield on a whole performed better in big games against better players than our lot prior to this season have done.

Giroud is almost single handedly held the club back by being **** but simultaneously not **** enough for the entire fanbase to see it. 15 games without a premier league goal.

I'll whisper this one softly, but if we had replaced a few fan favourites much earlier than we did who were brittle, streaky, error prone or a combination of all three, we'd have been far better off. I'm talking about Koscielny, Mertesacker, Coquelin, Cazorla and Monreal. The only reason the latter is praised so much is because Santos was **** and Gibbs form fell through the floor.

Finally, Cazorla is massively overrated and a giant part of why we were so porous in midfield for years. I'll always maintain we had half of a midfield because two players were needed to do 1 job and even then Ramsey had to tuck in to help them out, basically leaving our right wing free.
I agree with with almost all of these especially the Wenger & the Ramsey ones

Let's add my own unpopular opinion.... Wenger is the greatest PL manager of the modern era & it’s not even close

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I don't mind Elneny staying as a squad player. He's useful in certain games, it's not his fault that he gets picked to play against a low block when it doesn't suit him.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

I don't mind Elneny staying as a squad player. He's useful in certain games, it's not his fault that he gets picked to play against a low block when it doesn't suit him.

I like this, it's honest.

I had to think quite hard but I forgot that I have a blatantly unpopular opinion; I still like Bellerin as a player and I don't really think he's been bad this season (not mind blowing but decent).

Part if it might be (and probably is) sentiment I admit though.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I was thinking this a while back, but he’s not a good enough a back up for a top club with CL aspirations, too limited too. If you consider you normally have 4 CM options.

That means with injuries, he plays a lot. I think what is better is Partey, Xhaka, New guy, and a youngster you develop or another new signing. Most in the Arsenal fan base recognise we need two new CM signings, this is even before Xhaka leaves.

Reactions: A_G

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury
Top Bottom