• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Newchange

Not sure if I want Alexis LW and get a new striker or get a new goal-scoring wide man and have Alexis at CF.

In any case I think a fully fit Reus would be the ideal signing.

Think Alexis himself prefers to be on the ball and his style of play shows this my ideal CF would be cavani due to his presence and movement not realistic I know but this is a wish list right

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
:eek: What makes you think Ox can be a good backup RWB to Bellerin, considering he's played there only once, that too against mighty Middlesbrough? In fact, I'd argue it's the lack of any meaningful competition for Bellerin that has caused him to not only stagnate, but also forced him to play through injury and render him ineffective.

Refusing to buy players who can provide serious competition/proper cover continues to set us back wrt results as well as player development, and I think it's high time the management stops playing favourites and do what is needed to strengthen the team in every position.

Make that 2 game please.

trippyhippy

cech
mustafi van dijk koscielny

oxlade keita xhaka kolasinac

Özil top striker sanchez

4 signings, 1 free would give us a excellent starting xi and we would also have giroud, walcott,welbeck,ramsey, wilshere, cazorla, coquelin, elneny, monreal, gabriel, holding, chambers, bellerin, ospina to add depth to the side.

for striker i would go for icardi, he is perfect for us however unlikely. other targets are belotti, lacazette, lukaku

blaise

Mbappe and any mobile midfielder, just not defensive midfielder, keeping Sanchez and Özil, selling couple of players and we are ready to go, dont see a point in spending so much money on cb when Holding looks really good and Gabriel and Chambers are solid back-up, better buy world class forward.

Spend 140--150m, sell 60-70m,throw 10m at Özil and Sanchez each and lets go.

Arsène sell:
giroud=$20 million.
Walcott: $20 million.
Welbeck:$20 million.
Ramsey:$15 million.
Mustafi: $25 million.
Wilshere: $15-20 million.
Cazorla$ 15 million.
ospina $8-10 million.
Gibbs: $10 million.
Perez:$15 million.
Kosciesny: $20million
Bellerin: $35 million.
Total $220 million gain minimum.

Pay Sanchez and Özil their contract $25 million spend in total renewing and updating contract wage.

Total war chest available with sales : $$300-$400 million.

Buy:
Attack:
Mertens: $25 million.
Jesus corona:$12 million.
Coman: $25 million.
Midfield:
Tolisso/Guaye:$20 million.
Bakayoko:$20 million.
Defense:
Theo Hernandez or mendy:$20 million.
Chilwell:$5 million.
Kimpembe:$20 million.

Lineup
Mertens. Alexis. Coman/corona.
Özil. Ox chambelin
Bakayoko. Guaye
Theo/Chilwell.kimpembe Holding.
Cech/Martinez.
Winning side right there, manager sampaoli or Wenger if he can be flexible.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Arséne sell:
giroud=$20 million.
Walcott: $20 million.
Welbeck:$20 million.
Ramsey:$15 million.
Mustafi: $25 million.
Wilshere: $15-20 million.
Cazorla$ 15 million.
ospina $8-10 million.
Gibbs: $10 million.
Perez:$15 million.
Kosciesny: $20million
Bellerin: $35 million.
Total $220 million gain minimum.

Pay Sanchez and Özil their contract $25 million spend in total renewing and updating contract wage.

Total war chest available with sales : $$300-$400 million.

Buy:
Attack:
Mertens: $25 million.
Jesus corona:$12 million.
Coman: $25 million.
Midfield:
Tolisso/Guaye:$20 million.
Bakayoko:$20 million.
Defense:
Theo Hernandez or mendy:$20 million.
Chilwell:$5 million.
Kimpembe:$20 million.

Lineup
Mertens. Alexis. Coman/corona.
Özil. Ox chambelin
Bakayoko. Guaye
Theo/Chilwell.kimpembe Holding.
Cech/Martinez.
Winning side right there, manager sampaoli or Wenger if he can be flexible.

Dude, are you for real? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Dude, are you for real? :rolleyes::rolleyes:
what's so bad about my list? Its unlikely since its wenger but If Wenger had some balls to buy and sell players that list is reasonable to acheive, it's a wish list.
Its not much to be honest, Just bolstering two-three players in each third of the field?
In attack reenforcement, Mertens left wing, coman right wing.

Bakayoko and guaye as defensive midfielders.

Chilwell left wing, kimpembe centre back and holding centre or right back.

How is that crazy? What's crazy is people expecting wenger to buy mbappe, cavani, aubumeyang, james rodriguez etc, or Wenger to do a 180 and get the best out of our current players. The sell list is players who are not great enough to compete for the title, have declined or are just too injury prone, or have too high wage salary than they actually deserve in terms of performance on field.

blaise

yup Bale would be a wet dream, who knows, Arsène would certainly get in the mix if he becomes available.

btw we are selling couple of players and buying couple like always, not half of the squad no matter who our manager is next season.

carlito'sway

Established Member
what's so bad about my list? Its unlikely since its wenger but If Wenger had some balls to buy and sell players that list is reasonable to acheive, it's a wish list.
Its not much to be honest, Just bolstering two-three players in each third of the field?
In attack reenforcement, Mertens left wing, coman right wing.

Bakayoko and guaye as defensive midfielders.

Chilwell left wing, kimpembe centre back and holding centre or right back.

How is that crazy? What's crazy is people expecting wenger to buy mbappe, cavani, aubumeyang, james rodriguez etc, or Wenger to do a 180 and get the best out of our current players. The sell list is players who are not great enough to compete for the title, have declined or are just too injury prone, or have too high wage salary than they actually deserve in terms of performance on field.

Dude, you are suggesting to sell 12 players, among them Kos and Bellerin. Does not make any sense. This is not football manager!

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Think Bale may be on the move this season or next, would be amazing signing for so many reasons.

I can understand why Madrid would want rid, very overpriced and very overpaid. Poorest peforming player in the Madrid squad in his first two seasons at Madrid, excellent in his third season but back to being poor again this season.

Considering Bales OTT reputation where you have idiots like Jeff Sterling comparing him to C.Ronaldo and Messi when in reality now there are many far better players than Bale with lesser reputations.

African Flair

Bale would be a dream signing on so many levels however if he can not manage his "new physic" in Madrid... I can only think he would tore every muscle in his body within two seasons at Arsenal.

Rouski

Romelu Lukaku for Aaron Ramsey, Mathieu Debuchy and Danny Welbeck

https://www.transfermarkt.com/romelu-lukaku/profil/spieler/96341
https://www.transfermarkt.com/aaron-ramsey/profil/spieler/50057
https://www.transfermarkt.com/danny-welbeck/profil/spieler/67063
https://www.transfermarkt.com/mathieu-debuchy/profil/spieler/27306

If Everton are going to lose Lukaku in the window they might as well get some players. Ramseys a good player but looks like he needs a change. Welbeck is a good forward as a replacement.

And Sead Kolasinac on a free.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom