• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Dear Santa. All I want for Christmas is to see this lineup once this season

Leno
AMN, Saliba, Gabriel, Tierney
Willock, Partey, Saka
Pépé, Nketiah/Martinelli, Martinelli/Nelson​

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
Papu is almost 33... so

--------------------- Martinelli ---------------------
Aubameyang - Lorenzo Pellegrini -- Reiss Nelson
--------------- Locatelli ---- Partey ----------------
Tierney -------- Gabriel --- Luiz --------- Bellerin
------------------------ Leno -------------------------

Locatelli is the ball progressor of the team
Partey the ball winner
Pellegrini the chance creator
Nelson the dribbler and the wide playmaker
Martinelli the complete pressing forward
Aubameyang the goalscorer

Lorenzo Pellegrini.... second option = Eriksen
Locatelli...... second option = Matheus Henrique

https://www.scoutedftbl.com/post/reassessing-manuel-locatelli
https://betweenthelines5638.wordpress.com/2020/06/29/lorenzo-pellegrini-2019-20-scout-report/

Coach: Allegri, Gasperini.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Tyrone Mings
Bissouma
Sabitzer
Depay

Leno
AMN Mings Gabriel KT
Partey Bissouma
Saka Sabitzer Depay
Aubameyang

Runarsson
Cedric Chambers Mari Kolasinac
Elneny Guendouzi
Nelson Willock Willian
Martinelli/Balogun

Goonger

Started this post in the Transfer thread, thought I'd finish it here.

While this season has been a disaster, expectation levels within the support has changed. This should be seen as a unique chance to do a proper squad reset.

With little chance of European football next season unless we have a massive upturn in form, let's properly deal we with the bloated squad we have which has caused problems with wages & squad harmony it seems, trim the fat right off & have a tighter, younger, more hungry squad.

With that in mind, thought I'd do a realistic revised wishlist

Out
Sokratis
Luiz
Mustafi
Özil
Kolasinac £7M
Bellerin £20M
Chambers £12M
Xhaka £20M
Guendouzi £20M
Torreira £20M
Lacazette £20M
Willian (Anything to get rid)
Nketiah (Loan)

In
Lamptey / Arrans
Buendia
Bissouma
Solomon
Edouard

Leno / Runarsson

Lamptey / Soares
Mavropanos / Saliba / Holding
Gabriel / Mari
Tierney / Saka

Bissouma / Elneny
Partey / Willock / AMN
Buendia / Smith-Rowe

Martinelli / Auba
Solomon / Nelson
Edouard / Balogun

I've tried to be as realistic as I can be, considering budget restraints & current standing. This requires little or no investment from the owner. Not the massive names we all would hope for, but young, hungry players with pace, power, skill, & no ego. Guys like Saka & Maitland-Niles can cover multiple positions as we all know.

Partey & or Bissouma to get a mystery thigh strain at start of January to miss AFCON but make a recovery after a couple of weeks. :)

Last edited:

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Started this post in the Transfer thread, thought I'd finish it here.

While this season has been a disaster, expectation levels within the support has changed. This should be seen as a unique chance to do a proper squad reset.

With little chance of European football next season unless we have a massive upturn in form, let's properly deal we with the bloated squad we have which has caused problems with wages & squad harmony it seems, trim the fat right off & have a tighter, younger, more hungry squad.

With that in mind, thought I'd do a realistic revised wishlist

Out
Sokratis
Luiz
Mustafi
Özil
Kolasinac £7M
Bellerin £20M
Chambers £12M
Xhaka £20M
Guendouzi £20M
Torreira £20M
Lacazette £20M
Willian (Anything to get rid)
Nketiah (Loan)

In
Lamptey / Arrans
Buendia
Bissouma
Solomon
Edouard

Leno / Runarsson

Lamptey / Soares
Mavropanos / Saliba / Holding
Gabriel / Mari
Tierney / Saka

Bissouma / Elneny
Partey / Willock / AMN
Buendia / Smith-Rowe

Martinelli / Auba
Solomon / Nelson
Edouard / Balogun

I've tried to be as realistic as I can be, considering budget restraints & current standing. This requires little or no investment from the owner. Not the massive names we all would hope for, but young, hungry players with pace, power, skill, & no ego. Guys like Saka & Maitland-Niles can cover multiple positions as we all know.

Partey & or Bissouma to get a mystery thigh strain at start of January to miss AFCON but make a recovery after a couple of weeks. :)

Some very optimistic valuations of our players there mate! But agree on a lot of it.

Like the look of Solomon, his dribbling looks world class and he's scored big goals in the champions league. Would definitely look at bringing him in, cant be that expensive either.

Our strategy should be stockpiling quality U24 talent, and singing the odd world class player that becomes available. Similar to what Liverpool have done.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not going to go into valuations, because I don't think we'll get much for any of our players.

But I want to see the following leave the club by next summer:

Bellerin, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chambers, Mavropanos, Luiz, Kolasinac, Xhaka, Ceballos, Torreira, Nelson (loan), Willock (loan), ESR (loan), Lacazette.

Also if a decent offer comes in, let go of: ElNeny, Eddie.

Extend Balogun.

Bring in:

Lamptey
Experienced PL defender (Vestergard maybe, he'll be in his last year next season)
Renton Sanches (this January)
Soumare (this January)
One of Maddison/Grealish/Aouar
Edouard

These are all definitely attainable other that Maddison/Grealish/Aouar, that would take all take some convincing to join.

A starting line up of:

------------------------Leno
Lamptey-Vestergard-Gabriel-Tierney
-----------------------Partey
-----------------Renato- Aouar
-------------Pepe-Eduoard-Auba

This team has all the profiles you want to play 433: Pace and power and the back, a world class number 6, dynamic 8's that can receive the ball on the half turn, pace and threat in behind from the wide areas, a number 9 that can drop deep and link the play.

Would also allow us to start easily Saliba in, as well as having players like Saka, Martinelli, Willian to come off the bench to offer the team something different. Guendouzi and Soumare can also rotate with the midfield players.

The chances are we will have no Europe next season, so let's go with a smaller squad and really starting building a strong first 11 based on young players that fit the right profile.

Goonger

Some very optimistic valuations of our players there mate! But agree on a lot of it.

Like the look of Solomon, his dribbling looks world class and he's scored big goals in the champions league. Would definitely look at bringing him in, cant be that expensive either.

Our strategy should be stockpiling quality U24 talent, and singing the odd world class player that becomes available. Similar to waHt Liverpool have done.

Yeah, quite possibly to be honest. I tried to have some logic behind the valuations,
Bellerin they are talking about £22M from Barca, Xhaka last season was close to Hertha for €25M, Torreira I'm sure there were bids with options around €22M, hopefully if Guendouzi keeps impressing at Hertha might fetch £15M-£20M. Chambers is surely worth £10M+ to a bottom half team. Kolasinac we might struggle to get decent money for, Lacazette I struggled to put any valuation on.

I've just realised I didn't put Pepe on any list. If we can recoup money for him that would be good, don't think he has the mentality to succeed here.

ChefMan21

Okay, so let's say there's two possibilities - £50m made available or £100m made available. What would you do if you could 1) 'only' spend £50m and 2) you could 'only' spend £100m?

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Okay, so let's say there's two possibilities - £50m made available or £100m made available. What would you do if you could 1) 'only' spend £50m and 2) you could 'only' spend £100m?
1) Depay, Sabitzer
2a) Depay, Grealish
2b) Depay, Sabitzer, Buendia, Olise (loan back)

2b would look at loans for ESR, Nketiah, Willock, Nelson

Legend14

Established Member
Yeah, quite possibly to be honest. I tried to have some logic behind the valuations,
Bellerin they are talking about £22M from Barca, Xhaka last season was close to Hertha for €25M, Torreira I'm sure there were bids with options around €22M, hopefully if Guendouzi keeps impressing at Hertha might fetch £15M-£20M. Chambers is surely worth £10M+ to a bottom half team. Kolasinac we might struggle to get decent money for, Lacazette I struggled to put any valuation on.

I've just realised I didn't put Pepe on any list. If we can recoup money for him that would be good, don't think he has the mentality to succeed here.
I think your assessment has been spot on.

ArsenalFever

------------------Leno
--------Holding---Gabriel
Bellerin----------------Tierney
----------------Partey
---------Elmas-----Saka
---Tsygankov---Grealish
--------------Martinelli

Basis: Final third possession
Core: Defensive stability by utilizing possession in the final third
Core+Basis: Transitional balance

A formation similar to that is something to work towards imo, with enough attack for goals and creativity but balanced enough to link play between defence to attack.

Eljif Elmas could fill the void left by Ramsey plus add creativity from deep while also advancing into attacking positions.

Tsygankov could play on the right drifting central to supply goals and creativity.

Grealish could play on the left and drift in as Tsygankov does on the other side and link as a front 3 with Martinelli focal in attack.
Front 3 could be supported by Saka and Elmas with Partey providing protection and support both attacking and defensive.

Could also consider bringing in another center back, I think that could also be paramount going forward.

Adequate depth with Auba/Pepe.

Last edited:

Legend14

Established Member
------------------Leno
----------------Partey
---------Elmas-----Saka
---Tsygankov---Grealish
--------------Martinelli

Basis: Final third possession
Core: Defensive stability by utilizing possession in the final third
Core+Basis: Transitional balance

A formation similar to that is something to work towards imo, with enough attack for goals and creativity but balanced enough to link play between defence to attack.

Eljif Elmas could fill the void left by Ramsey plus add creativity from deep while also advancing into attacking positions.

Tsygankov could play on the right drifting central to supply goals and creativity.

Grealish could play on the left and drift in as Tsygankov does on the other side and link as a front 3 with Martinelli focal in attack.
Front 3 could be supported by Saka and Elmas with Partey providing protection and support both attacking and defensive.

Could also consider bringing in another center back, I think that could also be paramount going forward.

Adequate depth with Auba/Pepe.

All should realize that Partey is a box to box midfielder and adjust their lineup accordingly.

Legend14

Established Member
Partey essentially could play box to box yes, that's the idea, being focal between defensive and attacking transitions.
I prefer Partey in a double pivot.
4-2-3-1 or 4-2-1-3. I think this is what Arsenal will play to give protection to the back four and allow Partey to threaten. He is missing a partner currently.

ArsenalFever

Type 2:

-----------------Leno
-----------Elmas--Partey
---------------Grealish
-----Tsygankov-----Saka
--------------Martinelli

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

All should realize that Partey is a box to box midfielder and adjust their lineup accordingly.
I get your point but he can definitely play as a dm. It was pretty much what he did at Atletico - or maybe more of a defensive-minded CM... Check this article and especially the Squawka insta post there. Then again he's played AM for Ghana iirc and Cagigao also came out and said he feels Thomas has been forced to play with the handbrake on and that there's more to him than what we've seen at Atletico.

For me it comes down to the overall team. I'd want Saka to play and develop but imho he hasn't developed the vision and decision making to be a real creative force from midfield (yet) and while he's good enough atm to play over Pépé as an inside forward on the right side, I really think it's more down to Pépé being bad though as he's more of a natural in that position. That leaves Saka playing LWB in a 5-2-3/3-4-3 (which I really don't want to see) or LCM in a 4-3-3. Saka and Partey as 8's in that formation lacks creativity so I'd say we'd need another player at RCM, which would leave Partey at DM. That's a role he can play, he was usually the one to receive the ball from CB's at Atletico and his movement pattern/coverage wasn't quite box to box.

So for me, in this team, he's either a DM or Saka doesn't play and then I'd choose the former.

Legend14

Established Member
I’d play it this way

Auba
Saka XXX Martinelli
Bissouma Partey
Tierney Gabriel Luiz XXX

I have not seen anyone high quality who can play the 10 and score that is currently available.
Our biggest attack weakness is through the middle, which makes us predictable. We must make sure the spine is world class.

Need to replace Bellerin. He is a defensive liability given his small attack value. I prefer a defensive minded RB.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
£50m - Yazici (25m) + Sanches (18m)
£100m - Yazici (25m) + Sanches (18) + Edouard (30m) + Buendia (25m)

I like the way you think.

Add to that the binning of Arteta and hiring of Potchettino.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom