• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

DontPushMe

Bossa said:
--------------------Lewandowski--------------
------------Podolski---------------------
------Wilshere------------Cazorla------------
------------Ramsey----Fellaini-----------
Monreal--------Kos---Per---------Sagna--
--------------------Begovic---------------

Subs: Szczesny, TV, Gibbs, Arteta, Chamberlain. Walcott, Giroud

The best way to accomodate Wilshere, Ramsey and Cazorla into the starting formation, is to switch back to 442. Play with two attacking midfielders behind the strikers. A little bit of how City play.

Sh!te lineup. No width at all

evoh_1

Established Member
Bossa said:

The best way to accomodate Wilshere, Ramsey and Cazorla into the starting formation, is to switch back to 442. Play with two attacking midfielders behind the strikers. A little bit of how City play.

Good idea if the pitch was about 15m wide. Monreal and sagna play the wing on their own? All teams would have to do is go compact off the ball drop deep and look to have players counter-attack the flanks, we'd concede a loads of goals and hardly score any.

iced22

Bit quick to write it off there. We pulled off something not too dissimilar with the much praised 07/08 team, even if it was with the younger, offensively not too shat Clichy and Sagna out wide. It could work if we got a offensively decent right back, as we would be missing the sheer invention of Fabregas and we'd need to compensate in other areas. Playing Wilshere as a wide AM in a box 4-4-2 may also be the best way to allow him the opportunity to develop his offensive instincts without harming the team in the process.

But tbh, I don't understand why we think we absolutely have to get Wilshere into the team somewhere. He's far from the level in which you can justify shoehorning him into the team regardless of his shortcomings and the tactical issues he creates. Jesus, just let him develop at his own pace.

Bossa

Established Member
DontPushMe said:
Bossa said:

Sh!te lineup. No width at all

Width can be offered by the fullbacks.

Its better than playing Cazorla on the wings and Wilshere as the #10. It would be even worse if Wenger decides to play a Wilshere, Cazorla, Ramsey midfield trio.

We do not have forwards who play as wingers anyway, thus offering width. All that Podolski and Walcott do are coming into the ball and they both want to play as a striker. So they usually end up in central positions even though they are ''wingers'' on paper. Chamberlain's future lies in a central role and Gervinho's future lies in a Championship team. And I know for a fact that Wenger will not sign a winger in the summer as he has priorities elsewhere.

Monreal and Gibbs are offensively good enough to offer the width and forward runs. If Sagna goes we should replace him with an offensive RB.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
iced22 said:
Bit quick to write it off there. We pulled off something not too dissimilar with the much praised 07/08 team, even if it was with the younger, offensively not too shat Clichy and Sagna out wide. It could work if we got a offensively decent right back, as we would be missing the sheer invention of Fabregas and we'd need to compensate in other areas. Playing Wilshere as a wide AM in a box 4-4-2 may also be the best way to allow him the opportunity to develop his offensive instincts without harming the team in the process.

But tbh, I don't understand why we think we absolutely have to get Wilshere into the team somewhere. He's far from the level in which you can justify shoehorning him into the team regardless of his shortcomings and the tactical issues he creates. Jesus, just let him develop at his own pace.

With that you hit the nail squarely in the head.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
-------------------- adler ----------------

-- lichtsteiner -- kos --- rami -- nacho --

------ gustavo ---------- gonalons --------

---------------- cazorla ------------------

------- walcott ------------- gotze -------

----------------- benzema -----------------

MDGoonah41

Established Member
second side would

----------- sneezy -----------

- jenks - ?? -- mert -- gibbs -

---- ??---------- ramsey -------

--------- wilshere -------------

-- gervinho ---------- podolski -

---------- giroud --------------

MDGoonah41

Established Member
we're not winning anything next year, but i think this is a big summer in terms of starting to re-build the squad as a whole. we're not going to spend £70m, that is purely media nonsense, but i think we can make 1 big signing and 1 signing for the future. more importantly, i think we need to use this summer to clear out a lot of the garbage on the team. even if it means letting players leave for no fee or a very nominal amount, its best to just gut out the waste.

i'm sure we'll be promoting gnabry and eisfeld to the first team. i also wonder about ryo next season.

given all of this, my best case scenario involves us buying someone like jovetic (though i'd prefer PEA) and maybe a young defensive minded midfielder who can eventually take over for arteta, though it seems that might be ramsey's role moving forward.

i think we should certainly look to bring in young players with elite upside like draxler, who will be hitting their peak by the time we are ready to compete again. a partner for kos would be nice, but i think it will be mert again next season, and given the run of form they are in, and the comments from kos, that might not be a bad thing.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
4-4-2

4 leprechauns in defence.

4 hobbits in midfield.

2 clumsy dwarfs up front.

plus a clown in goal.

oh wait, we've been doing that for the last few years already.. ****!

Gervais

Established Member
Begovic - 10m
Wanyama - 10m
Shaqiri - 12m
Lewandowski - 17m

Total = 49m

- - - - - - - - Begovic
Sagna - Mert - Kos - Monreal
- - - Wanyama - - Wilshere
Walcott - - Cazorla - - Shaqiri
- - - - --- Lewandowski

eye4goal

Established Member
CF: Tevez £15m(1 year left on his deal)
WF: Nani £20m(same as Tevez)
CM: Strootman £15m
CB: Abdennour/Rami £10m
GK: Adler £10m

Total: £70m

dpt49

Established Member
eye4goal said:
CF: Tevez £15m(1 year left on his deal)
WF: Nani £20m(same as Tevez)
CM: Strootman £15m
CB: Abdennour/Rami £10m
GK: Adler £10m

Total: £70m
I've always thought Tevez would do well here and Wenger has said that he likes him as a player, but his wages would be astronomical. He is a proven quality player in the PL.
He definitely fits the bill.

I'd also have Nani as well, again, proven in the PL, even though he hasn't had a great season.
Should be able to get him for around 15m and Tevez about the same.

Buying both players would cost around 30m, not even half of our 70m budget.
Sign them up :wink:

mo50

Established Member
Tevez is finished, I wouldn't have him here. Not to mention his ridiculous wage demands. He was never a prolific goalscorer either was he? I'm sure there are better options out there.

Not to mention he's extremely unprofessional and an unstable man. How the **** do you leave your club and go golfing for 4 months halfway across the world?

Pea-Tear-Griffin

mo50 said:
Tevez is finished, I wouldn't have him here. Not to mention his ridiculous wage demands. He was never a prolific goalscorer either was he? I'm sure there are better options out there.

Not to mention he's extremely unprofessional and an unstable man. How the **** do you leave your club and go golfing for 4 months halfway across the world?

Strange considering he has been City's best player recently.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not sure if I'd want Nani here or not, but if we could replace the unpredictable Gervinho with the unpredictable but better Nani it would be a positive move I suppose.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom