• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
The Escaped Ape said:
http://www.footballfancast.com/prem...line-up-shock-move-for-colombian-goal-machine

Wishlist material, rather than deserving of its own thread I think. Opinions? I had thought he'd signed a contract extension with Porto, who always extract maximum moolah from clubs who buy from them.

I could see Mourinho being in for him.

Mourinho is supposedly after Benzema & RM in for Suarez.

We're 'linked' to Martinez (unlikely IMO), but also to a formal offer for Ba in Jan.
Also 'talk' that Milan may sell either of Balotelli (unhappy re racism) or El Shaarawy (has become a 3rd wheel with Balotelli as lone CF/ST).

Ba & El Shaarawy would be a great Jan.
If we scored someone like Balotelli I'd be grinning like a loon.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Balotelli the footballer would be the perfect footballer for us, but Balotelli the man could be the disruptive force that this squad really doesn't need at the moment. Haven't heard anything about him complaining about racism? I know it is quite an issue in Italy but I thought that he was well liked?

thedon5

Wouldn't be surprised if he already wants to leave Italy due to the racism. Not sure how you can't have heard of it, he talks about it a lot.

I would welcome Balotelli here with open arms, he is one of my favourite non-Arsenal players.

Johnny_Blaze

Established Member
Balotelli is an immense player but he also has the ability to derail a team's morale and togetherness -- starting a fight with his own captain is the worst thing he's done so far. Too much of a basket case for this Arsenal squad, which seems to be very close knit.

But I also have a lot of sympathy for him because the racist abuse he gets from knuckle draggers in Italy is disgusting.

Maybe Wenger has the gravitas to calm him down and make him behave? Mancini seemed like someone who enjoyed publically humiliating his players.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Balotelli is an absolute gobshite, he seems to be happy and playing well with AC where he seemed to want to go all along but this racism thing might throw him off the rails again. As talented as he is I wouldn't like to see him in an Arsenal jersey, he's an absolute clown.

Anzac

Established Member
I think if anyone can mature him then AW can.

I think he is a prodigious talent but also has a massive chip on his shoulder re his upbringing and issues re his colour.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
He's not the only black kid in Italy FFS. He's an immature idiot, not much more to it.

On topic: Diego Costa.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
If Balotelli is available for a reasonable price we should snap him up. AW would take an arm over his shoulder, calm him down and make him world class.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Balotelli is plenty talented but it's a no from me. I mean, he'd never get on with Suarez, would he ;D

mo50

Established Member
Reus or Suarez next summer. We need a special, special attacker if we are to do big things. We are one 40m signing away from a tasty side.

Pires7_Legend

Zakaria Bakkali and Martins Indi are the latest rumours which are flying around.

I really like that Bakkali kid, hope we could sign him. Very fast and direct + can finish aswell. I would definetly sign him.

Have no clue about Martins Indi guy if he is any good. Only know that he is 21 CB who has 12 caps for Holland already.

Flow

Bakkali would be a perfect winger for us. Pace+flair+finishing. Combining Nasri, Walcott and Podolski. Amazing prospect. He's BTW now officaly a Belgian.

truth_hurts

We still don't have a world class wide payer (Unless we are counting Santi as a wide player) not sure I'd want another developing player like Bakalli whilst we have Ox, Gnabry both learning their trade and question marks (not from me) exist over Theo and Podolski's ability wide.

I we're going to sign a wide forward he needs to be of the highest calibre i.e. Reus.

Flow

Fully agree on that, thruth. What I'm saying that complete wingers like Bakalli are rare. I mean, in all those years as a manager, you could say that bar Pires, Wenger's wingers weren't world class. We could, and should certainly improve on Walcott if we keep Giroud as a main striker. Otherwise, we could improve on Giroud (read: find the second coming of Henry) and keep Walcott. Actually I prefer the latter, but because it is almost impossible to but a decent striker, we should consider going for Reus,...

I very much like the idea of a creating winger (Cazorla) and a finishing winger (Walcott), but Giroud lacks the much needed pace. That's painfully clear when we compare ourselves to IMO is the perfectly balanced attack-the Invincibles.

Flamini - Gilberto Silva (tidy DM's)
Ramsey - Vieira (both WC all action midfielders)
Özil - Bergkamp (both fantastic playmakers with a perfect technique)
Walcott - Ljungberg (both pacy wingers)
Cazorla - Pires (not your typical winger - but a genius one)
But...
Giroud - Henry (.... I guess they're both French?)

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Flow, that post excited me a bit :lol:.

But like I said in another thread, comparing Henry to any striker is simply unfair. I watched a document on Henry last night, one of the best strikers to ever grace the sport and THE GREATEST striker to ever play in the PL.

Also, one playmaking winger, one goalscoring winger, I'm also a big fan.

truth_hurts

fabo said:
Come on, Ramsey is not world class.

His current performance level is, also he is 22 so a similar age PV was when he began to step up. Ramsey isn't world class yet though. Flow that post has excited me! just imagine we had of signed Suarez and we would have a very similar set up to the invincibles. Well attacking wise at least as tbhere's a comedown in GK and full backs.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
The Invincibles was a completely different formation/system/style of play, I can't really see the similarities.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i for once agree with fabo, let the kid develop without pressure. whether they're doing well or not, we rack 'em with unrealistic expectations, knee jerk hype-jobs and name-calling.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom