• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Anzac

Established Member
This summer could be interesting IF:
* Barca lose their appeal and subsequently banned from any transfer activity;
* UEFA imposes the proposed squad reductions on those team in breach of FFP;
* City and PSG have to sell to meet the reduced FFP targets;
* CFC have to sell before they buy to keep within FFP targets;
* LFC and Monaco need to meet FFP criteria.

As such there may not be any player merry-go-round as only a few clubs will be able to buy and most may be looking to sell to either raise funds and/or meet FFP.

Iceman10

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
In: Cavani, Cesc, Bender, Jung/Aurier/Coleman, Papadopoulos (dat angry face)

Out: Vermaelen, Sagna, Diaby, Arteta.

????

Win the league.

Nice wish list but if we bring in Cesc as opposed to a LW/SS then LB would need upgrading also to compensate for that. Not so sure I would go with Papadopoulos for CB, but we do need a CB for Vermaelen if he leaves.

Iceman10

Established Member
Re. Papadopoulos, he can be very good, physically and aerially, but at the same time is not the most disciplined and in the PL coming up against pacey strikers and Hollywood diving artistes I'm not sure. Then again didn't think Sakho would get away without being found out this season at Liverpool and he has done considerably better than I expected, still not spectacular and albeit perhaps because the attacking style and players around him have been masking certain things so far. Will readily admit I'm perhaps not the best judge of CB's coming from other leagues into the PL though. lol.

Kanonier

In:

1. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid - Forward)
2. Paul Pogba (Juventus - Defensive Midfielder)
3. Micah Richards (Manchester City - Right Back)
4. Antoine Griezmann (Real Sociedad - Left Winger)
5. Keylor Navas (Levante - Keeper)
6. Romelu Lukaku (Forward - Chelsea)

Out:

1. Nicklas Bendtner
2. Mikel Arteta
3. Bacary Sagna
4. Emiliano Viviano
5. Kim Kallstrom
6. Abou Diaby

Is that too much to ask? :)

cannonade

Established Member
Kanonier said:
In:

1. Karim Benzema (Real Madrid - Forward)
2. Paul Pogba (Juventus - Defensive Midfielder)
3. Micah Richards (Manchester City - Right Back)
4. Antoine Griezmann (Real Sociedad - Left Winger)
5. Keylor Navas (Levante - Keeper)
6. Romelu Lukaku (Forward - Chelsea)

Out:

1. Nicklas Bendtner
2. Mikel Arteta
3. Bacary Sagna
4. Emiliano Viviano
5. Kim Kallstrom
6. Abou Diaby

Is that too much to ask? :)

'fraid so.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
Anyone watched Ricardo Rodriguez much? 2nd highest rated BL player on whoscored as an LB. Wicked cross on him

Anzac said:

As such there may not be any player merry-go-round as only a few clubs will be able to buy and most may be looking to sell to either raise funds and/or meet FFP.

I don't think those will happen, Chelsea won't spend that much but they will take Costa.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Iceman10 said:
Re. Papadopoulos, he can be very good, physically and aerially, but at the same time is not the most disciplined and in the PL coming up against pacey strikers and Hollywood diving artistes I'm not sure. Then again didn't think Sakho would get away without being found out this season at Liverpool and he has done considerably better than I expected, still not spectacular and albeit perhaps because the attacking style and players around him have been masking certain things so far. Will readily admit I'm perhaps not the best judge of CB's coming from other leagues into the PL though. lol.

Yeah I like Papadon'tpreach, he's certainly the sort of defender I think Wenger could mould into a top player, and he clearly won't be bullied (although I wonder how mentally stable the lad is :lol: ). Seems to have elements of other top CBs, reminds me of a cross between Terry and Koscielny. Obviously not as good as either yet.

In a physical league like this his skills would be valuable, but I agree there would be a lot to learn. He's also more aggressive than a pitbull on acid, so I can see a rash moment in him unless he learns to channel it.

That said, he's been playing in Germany so you could argue that he has been playing in a better league than Sakho was, and the step up would be less severe?

Who am I kidding, I don't think Wenger is interested anyway :lol:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Anyone watched Ricardo Rodriguez much? 2nd highest rated BL player on whoscored as an LB. Wicked cross on him

Anzac said:

I don't think those will happen, Chelsea won't spend that much but they will take Costa.

They have sold DeBruyne for over 25m and could ask for around £45 million for Coutois and Lukaku not to mention the host of other loan players that they have sent out. No worries for Chelsea.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
They've spent that De Bruyne money ages ago, and it was closer to £18M than £25M. In January they signed Matic for £21M, Salah for £11M and Zouma for £13M. They're probably just about in the black because of the silly money Yanited paid to get Mata.

Mourinho capitalised on Moyes' panic.

fabo

6.51 / 10
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10802441/Chelsea-close-in-on-deals-to-sign-Atletico-Madrid-left-back-Filipe-Luis-and-striker-Diego-Costa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... Costa.html</a>

Telegraph saying Chelsea are going for Felipe Luis(left back from last night) and Costa, plus Courtois returning next season.

ArseGod

My dream summer, and it's not bad.

Out: tommy v (17), podolski(11), campbell(8), coquelin(2), djourou (3.5)
Fab, viviano, Sagna, frimpong, bendy, park leave on free.
Jenkinson loan

Buy: hannigan (reading keeper? 4)
Chambers (8)
Aurier(7)
Schaar(10)
Bender(20)
Griezmann(17+ rescind vela clause)
Balotelli (35)

Net spend of 65 million.

That should be wholly reasonable

GDeep™

League is very weak
fabo said:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10802441/Chelsea-close-in-on-deals-to-sign-Atletico-Madrid-left-back-Filipe-Luis-and-striker-Diego-Costa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Telegraph saying Chelsea are going for Felipe Luis(left back from last night) and Costa, plus Courtois returning next season.

That would be a sensational triple couple. Used to watch Atletico a few years ago, a joke set up then, but Felipe Luis has always been a rock and one of the best defender in La Liga.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

He was the best LB on Fifa about 5 years ago which was weird but I can see why now. :lol:

He's solid defensively yet brilliant technically as well.

Bigbludfire

Established Member
ArseGod said:
My dream summer, and it's not bad.

Out: tommy v (17), podolski(11), campbell(8), coquelin(2), djourou (3.5)
Fab, viviano, Sagna, frimpong, bendy, park leave on free.
Jenkinson loan

Buy: hannigan (reading keeper? 4)
Chambers (8)
Aurier(7)
Schaar(10)
Bender(20)
Griezmann(17+ rescind vela clause)
Balotelli (35)

Net spend of 65 million.

That should be wholly reasonable

Chambers would be a lot more expensive than you think. Also with the bold, I don't think the guy exists :lol:

Really wouldn't mind a English 3rd choice keeper to bump up the number of English players we have though. Get a decent number 2 to put pressure on Szcznesy then let a young keeper fight it out for 3rd choice with an English one

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
talking about strikers but any of you guys watched Doumbia CSKA Moscow striker? his states are very impressive since he joined CSKA.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
I would hate it if Chelsea got Filipe Luis. He will transform them, that left side with Hazard will be so dangerous.

Iceman10

Established Member
SiMamu said:
Reading Keeper, as in Alex McCarthy?

That would probably be right, and there has been interest from our club. "Hannigan" could have been a slight mix up with Marcus Hahnemann, who used to be at Reading a while back.

Arsenal Quotes

Don’t be scared to be ambitious. It’s not a humiliation to have a high target and to fail. For me, the real humiliation is to have a target and not to give everything to reach it.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom