• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

We’ve got a lot of players that are at the level that basically guarantee us being in a title race.

Ødegaard, Rice, Saka, Saliba, Gabriel, White ect. These guys are world class players in my book (would get in any squad in the world), but we lack that truly elite player that takes you to the biggest prizes. It’s hard as their aren’t many players like that about.

I’d say Haaland, KDB, Vini, Bellingham, Mbappe, Kane (lol) are the only guys at that level at the moment.

I don’t see any of our players breaking into that group, so we need to divert all resources into getting the guy that could break in there.

🎯

The issue is some of our fans are awaiting this elite player to fall right into our path who can track back, win duels, is consistent like Messi and they like his attitude…oh and for him to choose Arsenal over the likes of Real Madrid, City, Bayern, PSG etc.

That’s why I’m willing to compromise for someone that “could” break into there. Also there won’t be reliance on them as our main threat as we have other players to take the pressure off them which might not be the case at the moment.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Going to be a lot of disappointed AMers wanting the Leao’s and Isaks etc.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
🎯

The issue is some of our fans are awaiting this elite player to fall right into our path who can track back, win duels, is consistent like Messi and they like his attitude…oh and for him to choose Arsenal over the likes of Real Madrid, City, Bayern, PSG etc.

That’s why I’m willing to compromise for someone that “could” break into there. Also there won’t be reliance on them as our main threat as we have other players to take the pressure off them which might not be the case at the moment.

It’s ironic because our three greatest ever players (Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira) came from Italy, who incidentally also had questions marks around them at the time.

Vibra

Established Member
We’ve got a lot of players that are at the level that basically guarantee us being in a title race.

Ødegaard, Rice, Saka, Saliba, Gabriel, White ect. These guys are world class players in my book (would get in any squad in the world), but we lack that truly elite player that takes you to the biggest prizes. It’s hard as their aren’t many players like that about.

I’d say Haaland, KDB, Vini, Bellingham, Mbappe, Kane (lol) are the only guys at that level at the moment.

I don’t see any of our players breaking into that group, so we need to divert all resources into getting the guy that could break in there.

If you're saying we should put in a cheeky bid for Harry then I agree

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sales wishlist:

Ramsdale
Zinchenko
Partey (if we get a good offer)
ESR
Nelson
Eddie
Jesus (if we get a good offer)

Hopefully we can generate 100m but with this club it’s extremely unlikely.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
I think a midfielder is a priority. Our main midfield now consists of either Partey or Jorginho, and both shouldn't be a nailed on starter for Arsenal anymore.

We need a Rice-esque signing there. Frenkie maybe, but his ankle injuries frustrate me.

Mudi

Realistic wish list with one unrealistic target ...

CF
Nketiah OUT
Sesko IN

RW
Nelson OUT
Olise IN

AMC
Vieira and ESR OUT
Musiala IN

CM
Partey, Elneny Lokonga OUT
Angelo Stiller IN

LB
Zinchenko, Tierney, Tavares OUT
Milos Kerkez IN

Starting 11
Martinelli -- Havertz -- Saka
Musiala -- Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu -- Gabriel - Saliba -- White

B team
Jesus -- Sesko -- Olise
Trossard -- Nwaneri
Stiller
Kerkez -- Kiwior - ??? -- Timber
Ramsdale

5 Players IN with Musiala off course unrealistic. Otherwise Paqueta or Bruno for the RCM or DCM with Rice switching to 8 or 6 depending on the signing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I’m beginning to get onto the boat of getting a top class LW. We aren’t winning the league gambling on Martinelli coming back into top form and improving. I actually think Leao is an extremely risky signing, all things considered. I feel like there’s a high chance he flops.

For me the best options would be Rodrygo and Kvaratskelia, but also Isak and Musiala.

There’s a strong chance Rodrygo is not for sale at all but if they decide to stick to their current formation rather than change to 433 he may be attainable as he won’t be a starter in their best XI with Mbappe joining.

Kvaratskelia would be expensive but more attainable. Napoli had a shocking season and are well out of the top4. If you come up with the cash it’s more possible.

Isak can start out on the left side and drift into the penalty area. Which makes him a handy player as he can play with Havertz or instead of him. PL proven unlike the others on this list.

Another shout is Musiala he’s an AM but can interchange between our LW position and LCM position depending on who we play. The highest ceiling in this list followed by Rodrygo.

All 4 of these players are wish list kinda signings who would cost £90-110m but if we wanna go up a level they would be the difference makers.

You add a De Jong // Paqueta // Barella // Bruno level CM on top and it’s a big statement.

Gn1212

I’m beginning to get onto the boat of getting a top class LW. We aren’t winning the league gambling on Martinelli coming back into top form and improving. I actually think Leao is an extremely risky signing, all things considered. I feel like there’s a high chance he flops.

For me the best options would be Rodrygo and Kvaratskelia, but also Isak and Musiala.

There’s a strong chance Rodrygo is not for sale at all but if they decide to stick to their current formation rather than change to 433 he may be attainable as he won’t be a starter in their best XI with Mbappe joining.

Kvaratskelia would be expensive but more attainable. Napoli had a shocking season and are well out of the top4. If you come up with the cash it’s more possible.

Isak can start out on the left side and drift into the penalty area. Which makes him a handy player as he can play with Havertz or instead of him. PL proven unlike the others on this list.

Another shout is Musiala he’s an AM but can interchange between our LW position and LCM position depending on who we play. The highest ceiling in this list followed by Rodrygo.

All 4 of these players are wish list kinda signings who would cost £90-110m but if we wanna go up a level they would be the difference makers.

You add a De Jong // Paqueta // Barella // Bruno level CM on top and it’s a big statement.
Ideal profile for LW should be someone who can go one v one, has the pace to run in-behind, can arrive in the right spots and be able to finish.

Martinelli seemingly has these characteristics but his decision making has been utter ****e this season.
Haven't given up on him just yet but he needs to step up next season.

I'd say Isak and Leao are perfect matches for that profile from the names you mentioned. Mbappe and Rashford are also in that group.
Mbappe is obviously the best of them by some distance.
Isak has shown the great consistency over the last two seasons.
Leao is closest to Mbappe talent wise but he's an inconsistent mess. Same for Rashford.

I think Kvara, Musiala and Rodrygo are players that do like to come short and carry the ball from deep. They do have some playmaking characteristics in them.

I'd say the most attainable is Rashford due to his recent from and Man Utd's state but that comes with a risk.
Leao is another one that is possibly available but he's the crown jewel of Milan regardless of his inconsistency. When they cash in on him they'll seek a fee over 100m imo.

I think Mbappe is near impossible. I don't think Napoli will sell both Osimhen and Kvara. Same applies with Isak, Newcastle won't sell him and Bruno in the same window.
Rodrygo will try to give it a go and fight for his place once Mbappe comes. Probably someone that could seek to leave next summer. I think Musiala is probably staying for at least another year.

Gn1212

Raya
White Saliba Gabriel Timber
Rice De Jong
Ødegaard
Saka Havertz Kvaradona/Isak
I think what we'll end up with is:
Raya
White Saliba Gabriel Timber
Ødegaard Bruno Rice
Saka Havertz Martinelli

I reckon Trossard moves back into a squad role over preseason and Martinelli gets another go in the first team.
Don't particularly love it but it's a decent team regardless.
I think the rest of our signings will be moreso improving our depth rather the first XI.

ChefMan21

I'd love Barella - absolute dream signing - but the LW and suitable backup for Ode thing really bothers me. I kinda wonder if someone like Simons is a more sensible signing?

(Tbh I'd try to wrangle Barca for Gavi, who I know has done his ACL, but is a CM who can cover LW at a push which might be okay with Trossard here, and ACL's aren't quite career enders as they once were...)

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
The thing we need more than anything is a deeper midfield player who can orchestrate and start attacks, Rodri, Busquets, Fernandinho, a younger Jorginho.
Rice can’t do it and you can’t rely on Partey, Rice has to either play in a double pivot or left eight, even Southgate put him alongside Phillips.
The problem is there doesn’t seem to be a clear and obvious choice, my two would be DeJong and Luiz but DeJong is allegedly on a ridiculous wage (450k?) and also has ankle problems, Luiz is going to be much harder to get now.
I’m not sure Bruno is it, I don’t care that he’s slow, so are all the players I mentioned, more that he plays more advanced and I’m not not sure how good his passing is for that role.
Zubimendi I haven’t seen enough of, people on here don’t seem to be overly impressed, not sure who else.
You could even convert a more attacking player provided they have the necessary passing and can defend a bit, we already have Rice who more than makes up for it.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Arsenal have set a deadline of two weeks to complete the signing of Benjamin Šeško [Sky Germany]

Napoli striker Victor Osimhen is expecting an offer from Arsenal [Gazzetta]

Latest posts

Top Bottom